Hats (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Hats (Forum Game)

Postby MadBoat on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:47 pm

LoneStarNorth wrote:SPIDER MASK, SPIDER MASK
Do whatever a spider can.

SPOILERS:goddamnit lsn I so want to play this now, just so I can websling around the place
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Whooh on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Lost will eat the omelet just because and open the chest.
www.culdceptcentral.com "Where you can find all things Culdcept!"
XBL: Whooh05
Whooh
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:52 pm

((That's even more epic than I imagined it. You win, LSN. Does it count as LDD fanart if you goad the DM into drawing it?))

((And the pun Lost was looking for was "Oh, omelet! Not amulet. Man, is there egg on my face."))
Last edited by notimportant on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Dives dons the spidermask, spidermask and climbs the right-hand wall. He then attempts to coccoon El Owlobearo in silk spun from his abdomen.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SuperVaderMan on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:07 pm

A living skeleton, huh? Ask it if there's a way to bring my skeletal remains to life.

Bleeds Profusely

"Oh gee, a supply of skeleton companions. First I miss out on a new set of kick-ass spider armor, and now this. I wonder how many more spoils there'll be that I won't be able to get?"

*Grumbling to himself, Bleeds hops over the hole in the clouds and goes up to question the angel*

"Hey, you know where I can find some friends of mine? Or just anyone who's made it through that one Hats dungeon? I was gonna ask to see if someone left behind a staff of life or other resurrection thingamawhatsit there."
Hats (Complete)
Bleeds Profusely
Lance & shield user, gnome racist, pikmin captain, and conqueror of the mouse hole.
SuperVaderMan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby brontan on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Trips on Rocks
"It's alright Bleeds? Right, that your name? After i died my friends killed like 20 more guards..." Then Trips continues to follow Bleeds over to the stairs. "Man i wish i'd known about tennis i've been stuck playing cards with them for who knows how long."
Trips on Rocks Survived till round 73
Hp 0/5
attack:0 (Dead)
defence:0 (Dead)
app: 0 (Dead)
brontan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Echo
Echo dreams he's having tea and pastries with the Snappy Hat Salesman and the giant bunny Dives summoned. He imagines the most amazing, wondrous hat he can imagine, which appears on the table, and asks the Snappy Hat Salesman if that is anything like the hat he wants. He also starts snoring heavily (not in the dream), like he always does before waking up.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChroniclerC on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:39 pm

So, the most powerful character and the least powerful character each have a minion friend to help them. Fancy!

The CBM will indeed ask his new friend if it knows of a way to bring back his old friend while the two of them delve deeper to the left in the search of spoils. And maybe even freshes!

Cute Baby Maggot
3/3 HP
5/10 Bodies eaten
+Pathetically weak skeleton
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Silentobserver on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:45 pm

If Dances could, he would puff right back up at that dang, stubborn WBC!...Though then a question popped into mind. "Wait, how the heck did the knot form anyways? That seems like a dang complicated thing to achieve."
Silentobserver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Quarg on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Sticks will leave and go to the primary stomach to wait for the availability of the Spidery mask.
Behold the Power of Cheese

Walks the Night -Scryer
HP: 5/5
Atk: 1 +1 Dagger?
Def: 1

Ubotandal-God of Darkness
Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby lokthar on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:45 pm

"Urist continues to maim his way through the kobolds"
Capture the flag
Rock Smasher Lv8 Trainee Strategist Exp: 48/52
Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3, Cheer Stacking 1

Clan Rampage
Chews the Scenery: Ham level Medium to High
lokthar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:05 pm

CBM and his new minion head into the next area.

"So hey, I have a friend who died recently and I was wondering if you know any way of getting him back."
"Well, apparently almost everyone returns from death sooner or later in this world. Yours truly, for instance! But if your friend is to return as his old self and not as some other sort of creature, I'm afraid he'll need to sort it out for himself!"

Dives puts on the Spider Mask, Spider Mask and climbs up the wall and onto the platform, as the ladder is obviously not really a ladder and will only do something stupid to hurt or embarrass him. He then bends over and squirts webbing from his "abdomen" and all over the owlbear!

The beast struggles ineffectually, for it is not a REAL owlbear, but merely an animatronic stuffed toy made to LOOK like one. It can only twitch around uselessly and is not a credible threat by any measure.

Lost suddenly realizes what a fool he must look like and eats the omelet. He then opens up the chest and finds a sapphire pyramid! Looks like the second gem you need to open up that clock tower door. Drops has the first, but he's a little preoccupied at the moment.

"Urist handily slays the final kobold before it can retaliate. Victory!

These kobolds had another 20 gp between them, plus a potion of cure light wounds."

"Wait, how the heck did the knot form anyways? That seems like a dang complicated thing to achieve."
"Severe overeating."
"Okay, no. I get we're obviously trying to teach kids about proper eating habits or something, but OVEREATING can't tie your internal organs into KNOTS!"
"You are VASTLY underestimating just how much overeating we're talking here."
"But..."
"This guy is a gluttony demon. What you would consider overeating, he considers a light snack. And overeats by GLUTTONY DEMON STANDARDS."
"Okay, okay, he eats too much. Whatever."

Sticks backtracks to the stomach and waits for a turn using the new Hat.

"Hey, you know where I can find some friends of mine? Or just anyone who's made it through that one Hats dungeon? I was gonna ask to see if someone left behind a staff of life or other resurrection thingamawhatsit there."
"The afterlife is much too full of individuals for you to find one with your meagre privileges."
"Okay then, how do I get additional privileges?"
"You'd have to travel to a higher level of the afterlife, but I am here to prevent anyone from doing so."
"Yeah, I remember hearing about this stuff. We're on a pretty low level so our afterlife is basically just regular life without pain, aging, disease, and such. We're not punished, but we have to make our own rewards too. By playing games all day and stuff like that. But we DO have access to cards and board games and stuff, unlike the guys below us. They have to larp."

Echo dreams up a tea party between himself, a rabbit, and the Snappy Hat Salesman. He then dreams up the most fantastic Hat he can imagine so he can ask the Salesman if it's anything like what he's looking for.

The Salesmen postulates that Echo must have used up all his elaborate imagination on the LAST dream sequence. That or he just has really... unique tastes.

HATVENTORY:
Bear Hood
Blonde Wig
Chef Hat
Fedora
Knight’s Helmet
The Leonidas
The Light Of Discovery
Metool
Sleeping Cap
Spider Mask, Spider Mask
Top Hat
Trainer’s Cap
Wizard Hat

SPOILERS:The goblin afterlife doesn't sound so bad, really. Wait, do they get pizza and nachos? If not, no deal.
Last edited by LoneStarNorth on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 pm

((I wish we still had the Asshat to combine with the Spider mask: Anti-hero!))

Does Echo wake up this turn? If so:
Echo
Echo gets up, stretches, scratches his posterior and wonders why his hut has been redecorated, and why some thoughtless goblin has forgotten a whip by his bed. He takes the whip and walks outside into the sunshine. Once outside the mousehole, he sees the clocktower.
"Hey, look! No hands! Oh right, I was looking for a hat. I remember."
He goes back up to the room to the left of the clocktower (and through the drawer), if he has time.
Last edited by notimportant on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby SuperVaderMan on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Alright, so it's pretty much impossible for me to find who I'm looking for then, at least at this level of the afterlife.

I mean unless I wanna sift through the infinite goblins/number of goblins that ever existed before they went extinct (and even then they might be on a higher level), and that's not gonna happen.

Bleeds Profusely

"Alright, is there any way I can convince you to let me past? Perhaps a favor you need doing, since you're stuck here and can't do it yourself?"

"...And what's a human angel doing in the goblin afterlife?"
Hats (Complete)
Bleeds Profusely
Lance & shield user, gnome racist, pikmin captain, and conqueror of the mouse hole.
SuperVaderMan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChroniclerC on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:46 pm

You owe me a silver, Dives. :D

The CBM will look down at the gnomes below and ask them if it can pass, or if they're guarding something. Maybe have they seen any hats?

Cute Baby Maggot
3/3 HP
5/10 Bodies eaten
+Pathetically weak skeleton
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Sorry, we didn't shake hands on it.

Oh, I guess you're incapable of betting, then.

Sorry.

Dives goes back downwall and grabs that fake lever. He uses it to beat the treasure chest a few times until he's satisfied that he can't break it open this way. He's not about to open it with his hands.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Quarg on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Knuckle please let be borrow the spider mask if you would...I need to get out of this damn beast...

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Right. Dives instead switches to the tophat and produces some rabbits, which he commands to gnaw away at the chest and bring him anything that might be inside.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Quarg on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Sticks now demonstates a new attribute and casts a web to the item suck up high in the stomach of the creature. He then begins to climb up the web he created to see about the next task of actually web slinging himself out of the creature.

Spidy Sticks, Spidy Sticks...no one knows what Spidy Sticks knows...

OOC: I should be able to get me and my fellow digestive tract goblin out of here asap and you can have the mask back...

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby Whooh on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Lost will return to the clock, reclaim his turban and put the gem into the tower.
www.culdceptcentral.com "Where you can find all things Culdcept!"
XBL: Whooh05
Whooh
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Silentobserver on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Dances will hurry back into the main stomach room where Sticks is, don the blonde wig in stead of the wizard hat, and hope for the best!
Silentobserver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SuperVaderMan on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:54 pm

(Um... I'm really hoping that by "hope for the best" you mean something other than this... since, ya'know, Sticks put on the Spiderman mask and you put on the blond wig :shifty: )
Hats (Complete)
Bleeds Profusely
SuperVaderMan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Silentobserver on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:00 pm

(Aghhh, meants more along the lines of the 'being carried away' part...hmmm, maybe I -shouldn't- wear the wig :oops: )
Silentobserver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby dNILe on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:06 pm

SPOILERS:Maybe the White Blood Cell HIMSELF is the one who made it into a knot. He seems AWFULLY protective of it. Perhaps if he would just tell us why he would do that...
dNILe
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:53 pm

One of you guys grab that metal whatsit in the stomach lining please.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games