Goblin Defence (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Goblin Defence (Forum Game)

Postby dungeonmasterchris on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Does the orb the one statue is holding look removable?
dungeonmasterchris
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RandomMerc on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:03 pm

"This is some sort of trap. Obviously something doesn't want us to go in. We should stay,maybe inspect the statues some more," Defiant suggests, before he sees Hits Too Hard running past him like a maniac.

"So much for that idea," he murmurs, shadowing Hits Too Hard and keeping out of the way if he trips any traps.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Play with Fire inspect the statue with the ball and then the other.

"I will catch up, i'm just gonna look at these for a minute..."

(Specifically i'm checking the bases for inscriptions or marks that may hint at their use if any.)

I will also hand my pointy stick over to the Captain. "Here TeeBee, it's not much but it could come to use." (Pointy stick(50% +1att, 50% break when swung))
Goblin Defence Lt. Play With Fire Unknown Duration Hiatus
Zombie Bait Zombie Falls Down Stairs Game Ended
Awesomesword Wanes Drill Sergeant
HP: 5/5, ATK:2, DEF: 5
Gargoyle Horn (+1, Ablate 1 def), Chainshirt(+3) & Buckler (+1)

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan Saves The Realm
HP: 4/5, ATK: 4 (Orcish Hand Axe: +2 ATK 1h. Parry 2., Light Axe: +1 ATK. off-hand. 3 Damage when Thrown, Recoverable if target dies.), DEF: 2 (+1 Goblin)
Pack: [Gem of Defense: Can be permanently applied to a piece of non-magical equipment to make the item magical and grant it +1 Defense in addition to its other stats.], [Firestick: Causes 2-5 Fire damage at range. 1h. Major Action. 3 charges.] , [Empty Jar]
Abilities: Soul Siphon (Minor Action: Heal 1 HP of target ally at touch range. Costs Saves 1 HP. No cooldown.) (Swings/Rounds: 1/1)
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ratha on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:00 pm

dungeonmasterchris wrote:Does the orb the one statue is holding look removable?

The orb does indeed appear to be part of the statue. The rest, like Play's examination, will be in the update.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Eats A Weird Bug

I'm going to walk around the statues rather than between them, but I'll keep moving east.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby dungeonmasterchris on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Hides glances about. Those statues do indeed seem...ominous. He'll remain near TeeBee and the largest group. Strength in numbers and centralized leadership.
Last edited by dungeonmasterchris on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dungeonmasterchris
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby martinthegoblin on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Nightgaunt 'sneakily' runs to catch up to the others.
"The oldest and strongest kind of emotion is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."- Henry Phillips Lovecraft

"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength."- Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
martinthegoblin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kelvara on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 pm

If they're anything like Neverending Story, going around seems good. :P

To be Decided
TBD takes the pointy stick with a smile, being careful not to get it anywhere near her eye like certain other goblin leaders might have "Thanks, it's better than nothing."

"These statues are a bit scary, and way too big, but I think if we don't mess with them we'll be ok. Given our limited time, we should probably make straight for that door, though a cursory inspection should be ok." TeeBee then moves around the outside of the statue with the orb, looking for anything unusual, then continuing off to the east unless something happens.

OOC: Remember, we can take an action and then move, so we don't have to stay at the statues.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby Falahris on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Rides enters the dungeon with reckless abandon.
Falahris
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kitsune106 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:40 am

Foxes will whistle for foxes again, then stay with the statues, keeping a guard.
"Where are my fox friends. I'm sure that they have to be nearby."

(does she notice any tracks?)
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes
Hp: 5/5 ATT: 2 DEF: 2
equipped: Bow: ranged attack ATT +3
rusty helmet: +1 DEF
inventory: 9 arrows
10 magic arrows: +2 ATT
2 adamantite arrows: +3 ATT
1 explosive arrow: Area effect, can damage own team.
1 Rusty helmet: +1 DEF
1 daggers: +1 ATT
abilities: animal charming
archery master: +2 ATT when using any bow, and a small chance to recover ammo.

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes
HP: 7/7 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 1
DEF: 1
INT: 1

"Do not meddle in the affiars of hte assasins. For they are heavily armed and not subtle."

"Overkill is the standard response when a fic slaughters your childhood memories."
kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Defiant looks at everyone else, and then Hits too hard running away.

"But..." he begins, but regretfully joins the group, knowing something bad was going to happen and he cannot stop it.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Turn 3:

Some goblins are wary of the statues, others walk right past, uncaring. But Play With Fire stops to look at the bases of the statues, even while the others walk away to the east. It takes a while, but eventually, on the back of the pedestals, wiping away layers of accumulated grime, he finds something.

Meanwhile, Talks to Foxes also sticks around, examining the tracks on the ground for hints of what may have happened to the foxes in the area. She doesn't find any signs of foxes, but she does see the tracks of rabbits, squirrels, various birds, and deer. The deer tracks are the most recent, and she can see that they lead to the south east.

The rest of the group finally makes it to the large door they saw earlier. Nightgaunt gets there last, catching up from the far side of the tree. Soon, they will see what lies on the other side of the door.

Meanwhile, Rides the Wind uses his ability to see if anything has changed where they just came from.

Nope.

Reminder: The adventurers will arrive on turn 10.

SPOILERS:Well, here it is folks. Who dares enter?

Also, are you beginning to understand your leiutenant ability yet Rides?
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kelvara on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 pm

I guess that's a puzzle, but I have no idea what it means.

To Be Decided

"Well, here we are, let's be careful, but not too much." She says with a grin.
TBD then enters the mysterious doorway, using her pointy stick to ward off any danger with its incredible pointiness.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Hmph. Hits-to-hard walk in dungeon, darkness only little scary...
Last edited by kelten on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Play with fire carefully apply pressure on the symbols and the 4 diamond shapes in the center.

(My best guess atm is that this is either some kind of keypad or it's a map. Checking for the first hypothesis. If it's a map it's relative direction will be important, are the statues facing the door or the camp's tree? as the map is engraved behind them. I'm not sure what all the symbols might mean tho, if the statues are looking toward the camp the symbol on the right probably refer to the ******* huge tree the triangle probably refer to a mountain, but who knows? (Ratha that's who.))

If nothing happen from pressing the Symbols and diamonds Play will look up at the statues cloaks' buttons for a sec then he will head back toward the door and enter it (if able*).

"Hey guys don't you think it's funny how the colors at the top of the door matches Rides, Defiant, Hides and Mine?"

(Hides the closest blue we have...)

(Edit: or maybe the drawing is related to something of a mystical nature as the statues looks kind of like mages, four elements maybe?)
(Edit #2: this further make me think the 4 colors might be linked to "elements", fire, water, air and earth/wood at a guess... hmmm...)
(Seriously i'm puzzled by the significance of the statues and symbols and the door's colors...)
Last edited by ThinkingOfNames on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goblin Defence Lt. Play With Fire Unknown Duration Hiatus
Zombie Bait Zombie Falls Down Stairs Game Ended
Awesomesword Wanes Drill Sergeant
HP: 5/5, ATK:2, DEF: 5
Gargoyle Horn (+1, Ablate 1 def), Chainshirt(+3) & Buckler (+1)

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan Saves The Realm
HP: 4/5, ATK: 4 (Orcish Hand Axe: +2 ATK 1h. Parry 2., Light Axe: +1 ATK. off-hand. 3 Damage when Thrown, Recoverable if target dies.), DEF: 2 (+1 Goblin)
Pack: [Gem of Defense: Can be permanently applied to a piece of non-magical equipment to make the item magical and grant it +1 Defense in addition to its other stats.], [Firestick: Causes 2-5 Fire damage at range. 1h. Major Action. 3 charges.] , [Empty Jar]
Abilities: Soul Siphon (Minor Action: Heal 1 HP of target ally at touch range. Costs Saves 1 HP. No cooldown.) (Swings/Rounds: 1/1)
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Eats A Weird Bug

Hmm, looking at the colours over the door... we have red, dark blue, light blue, and green goblins, do we not? I wonder if that's relevant here?

Well apparently there's a deer to the south of my current position so I'm going to move there. I might be able to turn antlers or bones or hides into equipment, and at the least we'd have some meat for later. Anyone want to partner up with me on this quest and hit the dungeon in a turn or two, after it's been explored a little?
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby dungeonmasterchris on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:29 pm

LoneStarNorth wrote:Eats A Weird Bug

Hmm, looking at the colours over the door... we have red, dark blue, light blue, and green goblins, do we not? I wonder if that's relevant here?

Well apparently there's a deer to the south of my current position so I'm going to move there. I might be able to turn antlers or bones or hides into equipment, and at the least we'd have some meat for later. Anyone want to partner up with me on this quest and hit the dungeon in a turn or two, after it's been explored a little?

Hides will. Better to have some lay of the land before rushing headlong into anything.
dungeonmasterchris
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kitsune106 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:56 pm

what should foxes do? I am willing to hear suggestions.
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes

"Do not meddle in the affiars of hte assasins. For they are heavily armed and not subtle."

"Overkill is the standard response when a fic slaughters your childhood memories."
kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:19 pm

You could come help us take down a deer. We'll still be within a full turn's move of the dungeon assuming we only have to move one space south. And maybe you can use some of the meat to attract a fox or something?
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Defiant CAREFULLY steps into the dungeon after four others do.
This is a signature.

RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby Falahris on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Rides runs into the dungeon with reckless abandon.
Falahris
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kitsune106 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Foxes sighs, then tries to go help her fellow goblins in the dungeon, her eyes alert and looking for clues and tracks.
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes

kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Turn 4:

Play With Fire plays around with the glyphs and patterns on the back of the pedestal. Nothing happens to the pedestal, but as he moves his hand over the leftmost tile, he gets a sensation in his arm, like a warm crackling energy.

Nothing else happens though, so he soon joins To Be Decided, Hits to Hard, Defiant, Talks to Foxes, and Rides the Wind in the first room of the dungeon. Everyone but Rides is at the entrance. Rides rushed in, and finds himself at the edge of the highest floor, where a closed stone door and a ladder are in front of him.

The first room of the dungeon is notable for containing a chest, three stone doors, six braziers, a button, and a note on the wall.

Meanwhile, Eats a Weird Bug and Hides in Shadows both go south of the door, where they find a deer grazing. It watches them suspiciously, but doesn't run.

Nightgaunt waits outside of the dungeon, looking in. He hasn't quite worked up the courage to go inside yet it seems.

Rides the wind keeps a tight monitor on the area west of the tree. Still nothing thoug... wait! A bird! Cool!

Reminder: The adventurers will arrive on turn 10.

SPOILERS:Well, welcome to the first dungeon room. What will they do? Hee! :)

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RandomMerc on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Defiant catiously avoids the note in the wall, waiting for someone else to read it while he is far away before walking down towards the chest, avoiding the button, leaping over, walking behind the chest and opening it. If there is nothing harmful inside he grabs whatever is inside and if it is equippable he puts it on. If not he takes it out, looks at it, and if it is not useful puts it back in again.
This is a signature.

RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby kitsune106 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Foxes sighs, then goes ot read the note. She reads it outloud so everyone can here it.
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes

kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games