Goblin Defence (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Goblin Defence (Forum Game)

Postby Kelvara on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Questions!

A day is 25 turns, so I have 25 turns until I place the camp? Or do I need to place one now and have one at the end of the 25 turns (the same or different camp)?

The adventurers arrive in 10 turns, is that at the camp or where we are now?

To Be Decided

TBD looks around at the assembled goblins "Thank you my friends, your trust shall not be misplaced. I agree with the wisdom of Eats a Weird Bug, such that it is, that we should not travel alone."
She surveys the area, and how little they know of it "Still, we are great explorers, and I believe moving in pairs will give us the best coverage and keep us safe. Rides, you are my eyes and ears, find a good location (the top of the tree may be ideal for now) and use your ability to keep watch. Knowing what direction the adventurers are coming from could be invaluable."

With that said, she turns and walks west, hopefully with a willing goblin. She then surveys the area, or greets anyone who looks friendly. If there's nothing thing, she goes west again.

OOC: Hope that wasn't too bossy, and hopefully I don't fail my grand destiny. Not quite sure how exploring works, but I think we can go two squares at a time.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby Falahris on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:14 pm

How do I fulfill my prophecy of riding the wind if I cannot catch it? :okthen:

"Well Captain, it seems that Plays and Hits already have that covered. So I'll come with you, unless you have any objections?"

If she DOES have any objections, Rides will explore to the west.
Falahris
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kelvara on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:19 pm

"No objections, good to have you with me."
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:14 am

Kelvara wrote:Questions!

A day is 25 turns, so I have 25 turns until I place the camp? Or do I need to place one now and have one at the end of the 25 turns (the same or different camp)?

The adventurers arrive in 10 turns, is that at the camp or where we are now?

OOC: Hope that wasn't too bossy, and hopefully I don't fail my grand destiny. Not quite sure how exploring works, but I think we can go two squares at a time.

Good questions all, here's the answers:

1. You can place the camp any time in those 25 turns.

2. The adventurers arrive.... somewhere in the vicinity. I'll make it pretty obvious once you find the place.

3. No, unexplored areas are pretty much a one at a time thing. It's explored areas that are more than one at a time. Heck, if all the areas you plan to move through/to are explored, and have no major obstacles, you can pretty much move up to three spaces. But one at a time for explored.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby martinthegoblin on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:19 am

Captain, I will gladly accompany you both into the west. I myself have been eager for this chance to actually explore.
"The oldest and strongest kind of emotion is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."- Henry Phillips Lovecraft

"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength."- Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
martinthegoblin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RandomMerc on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:05 am

"Meh, I got nothing better to do. Might as well come with you, make sure you don't get killed by a bug, or come to think of it any small rodent." Defiant remarks as he walked with the trio. He keeps lookout for any weapons, however crude, like very pointy sticks.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby dungeonmasterchris on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:23 am

Seeing such a large group of powerful goblins heading west, Hides immediately scoots over, stumbling a little as he does so.

"Don't forget me!"
dungeonmasterchris
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kelvara on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:12 am

TBD shrugs, "I guess we decided against pairing up and exploring the surrounding area?" :P
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Play With Fire and Hits To Hard make it to the top of the tree, looking out in all directions, they see the land spread out before them.

First, they look to the west, where their fellow goblins are going.
Ah yes, it's all coming back to them. That's the path they entered the area from, and will certainly be the direction the adventurers will come from.

Next, they look to the east.
Hmmm... a sheer cliff, and what appears to be a big ornate door of some sort. Interesting...

Next, they look to the south. Wow, that's a big tree! You don't think you've seen one that big before. Looks like there was a bit of a rock slide there recently too.

Finally, you look to the North.

No, THAT is a big tree. Holy **** is that a big tree!

Meanwhile, looking through the tree for branches and the like that can be used as weapons, Hits to Hard finds the perfect branch to be used as a club. Play With Fire looks too, but only finds a small pointy stick. Well, better than no pointy stick.

Down on the ground, Eats a Weird Bug has been looking for bugs in the ground. Sadly, he finds that the ground here is more of a worms and grubs affair, and doesn't contain much that would feed a goblin. Talks to Foxes whistles for some foxes, but none come. Perhaps she'll have more luck somewhere else?

To Be Decided, Rides the Wind, Nightgaunt, Hides in Shadows, and Defiant all move west. Doesn't look like much is happening here. They don't really find anything of much significance.

Sturdy Branch:
+1 to attack
10% chance to break against a target with a def higher than your attack.

Pointy stick:

50% chance of +1 to attack for a given hit
Every time it's swung, there's a 50% chance it will break
Last edited by Ratha on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RandomMerc on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Alrigt :D ... I am happy

However, my trait doesn't seem to be that useful :( ... is it?
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Ratha says everyone is supposed to be about equal. Just wait and see what you can do.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby kitsune106 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Foxes sighs, then waits for the tree people to come down.
"So, where should we go now?" she asks, ready to follow them.
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes
Hp: 5/5 ATT: 2 DEF: 2
equipped: Bow: ranged attack ATT +3
rusty helmet: +1 DEF
inventory: 9 arrows
10 magic arrows: +2 ATT
2 adamantite arrows: +3 ATT
1 explosive arrow: Area effect, can damage own team.
1 Rusty helmet: +1 DEF
1 daggers: +1 ATT
abilities: animal charming
archery master: +2 ATT when using any bow, and a small chance to recover ammo.

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes
HP: 7/7 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 1
DEF: 1
INT: 1

"Do not meddle in the affiars of hte assasins. For they are heavily armed and not subtle."

"Overkill is the standard response when a fic slaughters your childhood memories."
kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby dungeonmasterchris on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:41 pm

"We came this way... m-maybe we should go where the adventurers won't be..." Hides rubs his arms. "And maybe where there is something big I could hide behind..."
dungeonmasterchris
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Eats A Weird Bug

"Well, I say we head east. Dungeon crawls are the best place to pick up weapons and armour and such. Plus all the really cool bugs live underground."

I Try to peel off a big chunk of bark for a shield. Successful or not, I head east.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Defiant wishes he had the sturdy branch right now.

"Guys, the tree would be a perfect place to set up camp. We could set it up in the branches and if we find ranged weapons in the dungeon to the east we can hit the adventuerers down below."

He frowns, "But if they have a torch, or a wizard, they can burn the tree down. Not good."

He continues to search for usable weapons, this time walking towards the ornately covered door. (east)

He also tries to do the same thing as Eats over there. That sounds like it would actually help, unlike some of the ideas we are getting.

"We all need weapons or armor. If we could find a dungeon crawl, we won't be standing around naked when the adventurers come. I don't care what you guys want to do, I am going into the crawl. If the adventurers are about to arrive I will come back and help. Maybe I can find a long rope we can use to climb the tree with, so we can set up camp there."
This is a signature.

RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Climbing down from the tree Play search around for a bigger pointy stick, (i still keep the small one tho.) something that could be used as a spear or staff maybe? If he finds one he will grab it he will then move east with Eats and Defiant, regardless of the success of failure of his search for a bigger pointy stick.

"You coming Foxes? I think we found the first dungeon crawl, the others seems like they will find food first, that's good."

(I think the rest of you should continue west and grabs branches from bushes and trees to arm yourself as well as gathering food. The Captain can call the east bound party around the 9th turn so that we can all set up an ambush for the adventurers on the 10th. We will try and gather weapons/armors/whatever, try and chose a good spot to set the battle and arm yourselves and grab food for the recovery we are all gonna need.)

Ratha : I'm assuming we have a ESP equivalent to Fourem's Goblins, but i would like to ask if we share the Last Ditch Dungeon's groups ability to transfer items on death and/or if we are merely "disabled" when dropped to 0 or if that's death?

(Also i am Red so you should probably use another color to prevent confusion, Foxes.)
Goblin Defence Lt. Play With Fire Unknown Duration Hiatus
Zombie Bait Zombie Falls Down Stairs Game Ended
Awesomesword Wanes Drill Sergeant
HP: 5/5, ATK:2, DEF: 5
Gargoyle Horn (+1, Ablate 1 def), Chainshirt(+3) & Buckler (+1)

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan Saves The Realm
HP: 4/5, ATK: 4 (Orcish Hand Axe: +2 ATK 1h. Parry 2., Light Axe: +1 ATK. off-hand. 3 Damage when Thrown, Recoverable if target dies.), DEF: 2 (+1 Goblin)
Pack: [Gem of Defense: Can be permanently applied to a piece of non-magical equipment to make the item magical and grant it +1 Defense in addition to its other stats.], [Firestick: Causes 2-5 Fire damage at range. 1h. Major Action. 3 charges.] , [Empty Jar]
Abilities: Soul Siphon (Minor Action: Heal 1 HP of target ally at touch range. Costs Saves 1 HP. No cooldown.) (Swings/Rounds: 1/1)
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Falahris on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Rides the Wind follows Eats into the dungeon crawl.
Falahris
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kelvara on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 pm

To Be Decided

TBD suddenly remembers this is the way they came in, apparently her memory isn't so great.
"Well, I see us as having two options. We can stay outside and do our best to prepare defenses and traps, as we know where they're coming from, or we can enter what I can only assume is a dungeon, and attempt to make ourselves stronger to fight the adventurers directly."

TeeBee moves east and, hoping that they still have their supply of goblin hammocks, designates the camp as being inside the tree's branches.
"For now, this tree looks like a good spot to set out camp, if we get lost or separated, coming back here will be a good idea."
If possible, she then moves east again, into or towards the mysterious door.

OOC: If anyone has good ideas for building traps, we don't have to go into the dungeon crawl. But right now we don't even have cutting implements, so I imagine it's inevitable. Also, someone could gather food from the various plants around here (looks like a lot of them have fruit/berries) but that would be awfully boring.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 pm

I thought about gathering food, but the way I see it we can do that after dealing with the adventurers. We have 10 turns until they show up, then another 15 turns after to gather food. Unless more adventurers show up, but at least we'll be ready for the second bunch...
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby dungeonmasterchris on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:52 pm

I think our best bet is braving the dungeon in an attempt to better arm ourselves. Also, we'll be in a better position to attack the adventurers if we aren't all in the open. We can funnel them to make better use of our superior numbers.
dungeonmasterchris
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kelvara on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Yeah, though I'm not sure how good of an idea fighting them inside the dungeon is, guess we'll have to see what it looks like. Falahris/Rides, can you designate the area we're at, one west of the tree, as your spot to monitor? That way if we're all still inside the dungeon, we can get a good look at the adventurers when they come.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:00 am

Hits-to-hard: No birde eggs? Look for egg. Then go down and fallow fire
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Falahris on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:08 am

I still don't quite understand how my Lt. ability works, so I'll just do what Kel/TBD said. :)

And then I'll head to the supposed dungeon. :D
Falahris
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ratha on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Turn 2:

Play With Fire takes one last look around before climbing down the tree to head east towards the ornate door. Just as he's about to give up, he finds a nice thick branch to take with him, that should work as a makeshift club.

Hits to Hard looks around for a birds nest, where he can find some eggs to eat, but finds nothing in this tree. He too then gets down and heads east.

Eats a Weird Bug and Defiant both try to get some bark off of the tree to use as a shield, but the bark on this tree is too thin and crumbly. Perhaps later they'll find a tree with thicker bark, but for now they do without, and head east towards the dungeon, where they meet up with Hides in Shadows and Talks to Foxes.

To Be Decided, meanwhile, heads east back past the tree, stating clearly that the tree is the new campsite. At the end of the day, the goblins will all be able to make their way back here. Staying here for the night will increase overnight regeneration by 1hp per goblin.

Rides The Wind is the last to follow. Just before leaving the area east of the tree, he makes sure that he can monitor this area. He will be able to see this area every turn, no matter where he goes.

The eight goblins meet to the west of the tree, where two proud status keep watch.
But wait, eight goblins?

It looks like Nightgaunt looked away for a second, and suddenly found himself alone! But if he's quick, he could still catch up to the others next turn...

Thick Branch:

+1 att, 50% chance to break when used

SPOILERS:In answer to your questions, yes, you still do have clan Fourem style esp. When you reach 0hp you're disabled until either healed or killed. Maglubiyet help you if you're killed when you're alone in the room with some terrible beast. Or at 0hp in a room with someone who REALLY doesn't want you getting back up and fighting. Also, all items are lootable in this game, whether dropped by adventurers, or dead goblins.

You'll probably need it.

Also, I didn't see any posts by Nightgaunt, but if there were one or two, and I missed, them, sorry, and I'll edit this update.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kelten on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Hits-to-hard I go, statue dull. Me head fast to dungeon.
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games