Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Adventuring Goblins

Postby Falahris on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:44 pm

BONUSES

BONUS 1 - AVATAR SET 1
Image Image Image Image Image

Story

You are a group of 5 goblins, the 4 of you are just soldiers while the remaining one is your chief. Adventurers recently came across your war camp and managed to kill everyone... Everyone except the 5 of you, of course. You managed to survive solely on instinct and pure skill, you all managed to escape the adventurers when you knew it was too late to save anybody, to save the camp... You've all decided to get stronger by adventuring, so as to better defend your war camps.

Explanation

Okay, I haven't play DnD before, so I'm not going to put in DnD stuff just to make it more complicated for me. Not even classes. But there will be other ways to increase your strength.

The 4 goblins will have these stats:

HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 1
DEF: 1
INT: 1

Of course, the chief will have better stats, which are these:

HP: 6/6 HP
MP: 4/4 MP
ATK: 2
DEF: 2
INT: 2

HP and MP are self-explanatory, ATK determines all damage, but certain weapons will only enhance certain damage types, DEF of course, helps reduce damage taken, INT determines your spell damage along with your ATK, making magic a force to be reckoned with.

Here is the sign-up sheet.

Name: (traditional Goblins name)
I.M.E.: (your color)
Appearance:
Backstory:

By the way, you lost EVERYTHING back at the war camp, including your weapons! So you'll need to find more weapons later.

Also, somebody needs to apply for chief, then the rest will vote for him if they deem him worthy.

1) One Hand (Ratha)
2) Skeptical of Names (ArcticTornado)
3) Gullible (Wildman)
4) TalkstoFoxes (kitsune106)
5) Speaks-with-a-lisp (notimportant)

EDIT:
SPOILERS:Altered the stats a bit, seemed a bit OP for a goblin. :)
Last edited by Falahris on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Falahris
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Adventuring Goblins

Postby Ratha on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Name: One Hand
IME: Red
Appearance: Light Grey
Backstory: One Hand grew up with a cheerful, mostly happy childhood. His parents were both good warriors, and always returned alive from the raids on their warcamp. He himself suspected that his name would indicate the loss of a hand, and so he practiced doing many tasks one handed, and while he wasn't sure which hand it would be, he practiced with both, eventually becoming very ambidextrous.

He himself is now a warrior in the clan. He has fought humans, lost friends, and made kills. He himself has nearly died a few times, but he has never lost a hand. He no longer fears such an event. If it will happen, it will happen, and it has not happened so far. For now, he is content to be a warrior. But one day, he hopes to give up this life. He will become a crafter... a potter or a carpenter or a mason. He has always appreciated creating things. But for now he practices with his fists and feet and weapons. For now, he will fight. For now, he will survive.

Editted for IME.
Last edited by Ratha on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Falahris on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 am

I forgot to put in the I.M.E.!

Please edit your sheet, but then again, it is already pretty legit.
Falahris
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ArcticTornado on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:55 am

I'm in! Editing post...

Name: Skeptical of Names
IME: Blue (Cyan?)
Appearance: Orange, scar on left cheek.
Backstory: Skeptical of Names thinks that the golblin naming tradition is a load of rubbish. He reckons the tellers just make something up they like the sound of, and then the goblin makes it happen because they expect it to. He's been around a while, and has become pretty skeptical about lots of things as a result, so the teller clearly wasn't right about his name.

We don't have a teller?
And I know I only have one post, but I nominate myself as chief.
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziras on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:31 am

Making another one of these? I'm not going to join, I'm in way to many things as it is, but you'd better not let the other one die because of this =P (seriously, I want to find out how maimed I'm going to end up after that fight). And yes, I like that emote better than any of the smiles for some reason. Nostalgia maybe?
Ziras
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Wildman on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 am

I'm in.

Name: Gullible
I.M.E.: blue tentacles (like the tentacles of an octopus)
Appearance: Blue
Backstory: Gullible was once told that his name was Gullible, and he has used that name ever since. He was also told he has 5 HP, 3 MP, ATK 1, DEF 1, and INT 1, and he is sure that is absolutely accurate. He pretty much believes everything he is told without asking or questioning unless it contradicts with something else he has already been told, in which case the new information is generally ignored. He loves swimming.
Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2

Goblin Gladiators Campaign 1 is Complete.
Little Hands is currently in the Pit of Danger, and will be for quite some time.
Successful killer in TSK Round 24. Partner: KittiHello.
Co-winner of the TSK Lightning Round, along with SharesLoot.
Successful killer in TSK Round 33, with some help from SeeAMoose at the end.
Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ArcticTornado on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:18 am

Hey gullible, I should definitely be chief.

:shifty:

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:49 am

ArcticTornado wrote:Hey gullible, I should definitely be chief.

:shifty:

I think Skeptical of Names should be our chief, he gets my vote. :)

Little Hands is currently in the Pit of Danger, and will be for quite some time.
Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kitsune106 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:07 am

i'll join:

i think i'll bring in

Name: TalkstoFoxes
I.M.E.: Foxxish red. if possible, a fox's read is form, or maybe a fox's tail
Appearance: A RED color, but has stolen inedible black teller paint to put on black ear tips on her ears, and put on whiskers. what can i say, she takes her name seriously. (look at my stick avatar for more details)
Backstory: Talks, aka Foxes, likes to be alone from time to time, out talking with foxes as it were. at least, that's what she claims. others most likely think she's crazy yipping out to the foxes, who yip and bark back. None can deny though that she does think differently then others, and seems to have extra cunning . She likes to use trickery and cunning in her attacks, probably a side effect of her conversations with the foxes. sometimes, the others thinks she more vulpine then goblin. Oh.... she has sworn a vengenace on those who hunt and trap foxes, and has killed several trappers, through trickery.
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes
Hp: 5/5 ATT: 2 DEF: 2
equipped: Bow: ranged attack ATT +3
rusty helmet: +1 DEF
inventory: 9 arrows
10 magic arrows: +2 ATT
2 adamantite arrows: +3 ATT
1 explosive arrow: Area effect, can damage own team.
1 Rusty helmet: +1 DEF
1 daggers: +1 ATT
abilities: animal charming
archery master: +2 ATT when using any bow, and a small chance to recover ammo.

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes
HP: 7/7 HP

"Do not meddle in the affiars of hte assasins. For they are heavily armed and not subtle."

"Overkill is the standard response when a fic slaughters your childhood memories."
kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:23 am

Speaks-with-a-lisp (Lisps for short) is a pretty regular goblin. When he learned to speak, everyone was surprised to see he didn't actually have a lisp. As he grew up, he became increasingly worried that his lisp would come as a result of some injury to his face, so he started to purposely lisp when he spoke (much to the dismay of Skeptical). He still forgets his lisp at times when he's agitated.
Also, he loves animals, except reptiles.

Name: Speaks-with-a-lisp
I.M.E.: Green (#00BF00)
Appearance: Average height and appearance for a goblin. Same colour as his I.M.E.
Backstory: Lisps is a pretty regular... wait, I already did this!
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 am

notimportant wrote:Speaks-with-a-lisp (Lisps for short) is a pretty regular goblin. When he learned to speak, everyone was surprised to see he didn't actually have a lisp. As he grew up, he became increasingly worried that his lisp would come as a result of some injury to his face, so he started to purposely lisp when he spoke (much to the dismay of Skeptical). He still forgets his lisp at times when he's agitated.
Also, he loves animals, except reptiles.

Name: Speaks-with-a-lisp
I.M.E.: Green (#00BF00)
Appearance: Average height and appearance for a goblin. Same colour as his I.M.E.
Backstory: Lisps is a pretty regular... wait, I already did this!

Oh, poor crazy TalkstoFoxes, what has the teller done to you? And Speaks-with-a-lisp, you only prove my point. And finally Gullible, you prove that anyone, not just a teller, can name a goblin well. Tellers. Who needs 'em?

Oh, Talks, do you hate all traps or can we use anti-adventurer ones?

I think I'm going to like this group! Please vote Skeptical of Names for chief, it has the added bonus of explaining the lack of a teller. (The only possible more awesome thing would be skeptical being a teller who hasn't done a naming yet. That would be brilliant.)

Inverted Luck
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby kitsune106 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 am

ArcticTornado wrote:
Oh, poor crazy TalkstoFoxes, what has the teller done to you? And Speaks-with-a-lisp, you only prove my point. And finally Gullible, you prove that anyone, not just a teller, can name a goblin well. Tellers. Who needs 'em?

Oh, Talks, do you hate all traps or can we use anti-adventurer ones?

I think I'm going to like this group! Please vote Skeptical of Names for chief, it has the added bonus of explaining the lack of a teller. (The only possible more awesome thing would be skeptical being a teller who hasn't done a naming yet. That would be brilliant.)

"hey.. i used pt traps against the burly trapper. IT ws fun to watch him struggle like a rabbit in that noose trap.... and sure, we can use traps.. jsut as long as they won't catch foxes...."
she does look around for her pet fox, and if she does not see it, will swear an oath of vengeance on the adventurers who killed it.

well, sure. as long as i can give out ideas... i have lots of ideas.
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes

"Do not meddle in the affiars of hte assasins. For they are heavily armed and not subtle."

"Overkill is the standard response when a fic slaughters your childhood memories."
kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:52 am

Of course you can give out ideas. It'd be a pretty rubbish group if only one person was allowed to have ideas.

Inverted Luck
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby kitsune106 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:07 am

ArcticTornado wrote:Of course you can give out ideas. It'd be a pretty rubbish group if only one person was allowed to have ideas.

that;s very true. hopefully the chief will be a very good one.
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes

kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby LambertS on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:18 am

Darn, just missed this, good luck to you all.
LambertS
Junior Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:37 am

"I'll thupport Thkeptical for Thief...I mean, Chief."
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:39 am

Skeptical Of Names
Well, I've been asked what my plan is.

Firstly, any specific plans will have to wait until we know anything about the surrounding area looks to DM.

But generally, we need food, a place to hide out (Are we safe from the adventurers at the moment?) weapons, armour, clothes, money, and people who don't want to kill us.

So, here are my solutions:

Step one: pick up big sticks off the ground for clubs.

Step two: hunt an animal for eating. NOT A FOX! This gives us food, clothes, vendor trash, and depending on what we kill, claws or teeth to stick to poles to make spears. Better yet, if we kill a cave-dwelling animal, we have a shelter.

Step three: Once we're rested, we try and contact sentient creatures nearby. This step very much depends on what Falahris tells us about the area.

Step four: Get into some proper adventuring, become stronger, eventually avenge our warcamp.
No, wait! if only the warcamp was destroyed, we still have the village, solving many problems at once.

I also think each goblin should pick a specialty. For instance TalkstoFoxes could be a scout. Gullible should not be chosen for negotiations - should we tell him that anything a human or someone fighting us says is a lie unless we tell him it isn't? As for me, I don't know. I'm very good at magic, or I could be an all-rounder back-up guy.

Also, what do you guys think about splitting up? I think we have too small a group, and anyway it's kind of pointless until we have a plan.
Last edited by ArcticTornado on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Inverted Luck
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:47 am

I will also support sceptical for cheif.

Heh. "Look chief, ambidextrous and counting!"
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kitsune106 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:59 am

good call chief skepitical. i also support him for chief.

hmmm, what else? and what does each person want to specialize in?

if possible, foxes would want to be a ranger like goblin
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes

kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, foxes.

One hand... Ambidextrous, eh... You know who dual-weild? Rogues! And they're dextrous!

Okay, I don't really know what you should do. I'm tempted to say artificer, since you like making things, but there's no way we'll be able to emulate that class.

Gullible, I don't know... maybe it would be a good idea to wear lots of armour in case you walk into a trap.

Lisps... you seem a pious goblin, willing to believe in the power of the tellers. Why not try and become a healer?

Disclaimer: No-one has to do what I say, especially regarding this post. It's entirely your choice how you play your character. I don't mind in the slightest, and will try to fill whatever role the group is lacking in. Also, since there are no classes, your role is entirely based on the equipment you get and how you play your character. If you do take a role, it is not a straightjacket.

So, that would give us: Scout, Sneak, Tank, Healer.

What else do we need? Magic, ranged, party face.

EDIT: It is way too much of a pain to put each person's name in color.

Oh, and Chief Skeptical looks around for a big stick to hit things with

Inverted Luck
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby kitsune106 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:21 am

ooc:
good plan there chief.

Foxes nods.
"Okay... hang on..."

she puts two fingers into her mouth and whistles, trying to call the foxes she has befriended to her. If they come, she will yip to them, asking what has happened to them, and if they have any information for her. if none comes... she will once again mutter an oath to slay the adventurers who killed her vulpine friends.
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes

kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:19 am

"Hm... we could thneak back to the warcamp, and thee if there are any other thurvivorth? Or maybe we can pick up thome dithcarded weaponth?"
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:35 am

That's not a bad idea, actually. If the adventurers are gone it should be safe, there'll be supplies, and no-one will expect us to return - unless we get hit by the "no looting dead goblins" rule.

EDIT: We need a clan name.
And do we all have hidden destinies like last ditch? because that was epic.

EDIT EDIT: Mainly, we need the DM to give us more information about what's going on. And how do we use magic?
Last edited by ArcticTornado on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Inverted Luck
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:57 am

I would be wary of revisiting the site of the slaughter of our brethren so soon, but I'll go with whatever the group decides. I'd also like to go swimming given the opportunity.

Gullible looks around for a thick stick that might be useable as a dimestaff (like a quarterstaff but goblin-sized).

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PSychotic on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:55 pm

yo dm falahris! i know the five spots have already been filled, but... it seems that the goblins are going back to gather supplies at their old camp. seems like they could meet another clan member who was out while the attack happened (whether trading, making alliances, hunting, or something else). also seems mighty likely that there could be scavengers back at the camp.

so can i join? :nervous:
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to Goblins Games