The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Postby TanaNari on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Actually... I *am strongly* considering doing something modelled after this. The only problem is I got upwards of 60 hours of work a week, so that doesn't leave much time for anything else... much less managing it myself.
TanaNari
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cragspyder on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Lives by the Sword

Lives by the Sword observes the oncoming Goblin-style dogpile with approval.

Then he takes a deep breath, and steps past the melee into the mid-right position.

He thinks these two cowards are up to something, and he won't let them spring their trap unhindered.

Besides, he already called his target. He can't back down now.

There is the off-chance the two thugs in the back have alchemist's fire or a similar AOE trap, which might engulf all the Goblins as well as their comrades. Seems like the cowardly, devious thing to do. Who knows what they were given before the match?

Prepared to get my ass beat, especially since they will be getting first attack, due to the current one action system (which is a fine system, by the way! No whining intended!)

Also, selfish crowd-pandering. Too bad I can't move and flourish in the same action :)
Cragspyder
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby notimportant on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:24 am

LSN: Maybe you could make the Arena image a little taller, increasing the Ground area's height. Then you could place goblin and arena fighters somewhat staggered, like a 3D top-down view, except not actually 3D, and with the same sprites.

Goblins: Someone should probably follow Lives to that other square, so the thugs won't have him outnumbered. They seem the cowardly type, who would gang up on an outnumbered opponent.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cragspyder on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:35 am

There's no need to risk yourselves on my account.

No doubt they will gang up on me. Take out the two with the knives and we'll see if these folks have anything in store.

Just as a heads up, I can take damage and be disabled in one round, of course, but unless they take me down in one round, they can never disable or kill me. I can use my action to switch squares and they will never be able to attack me again as long as I always use a move action, as they need to be in the same square as me to attack.

Um, unless they have ranged weapons of course.
Cragspyder
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ratha on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:17 pm

LoneStarNorth wrote:Move: You move to an adjacent space. The Arena is divided into five spaces. Goblins who remain at the far Left are furthest from harm, but the Crowd doesn’t react well to cowardice. Conversely, Goblins who head to the far Right are closest to danger, which the Crowd enjoys. However, staying at the far ends causes the larger part of the Crowd to ignore you, so your actions will have little effect on the Crowd Guage. Goblins who stay in the Middle are in full view of the entire Crowd, and their actions affect the Crowd Gauge very strongly, for better or worse. The Middle Left and Middle Right are sort of neutral zones, neither cowardly nor brave, neither hidden nor open. If you attempt to move while an enemy is in the space you start in, that enemy can still attack you!

Actually lives, that's not QUITE the case.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:26 pm

I understand it that you can attack something if it's in the same area as yourself at the start of the round. So I'm not sure they get to attack you this round, unless there is a "Ready an attack against anything that moves to me" command.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:30 pm

I wasn't talking about him moving into the square. He's saying that he'll be able to retreat without them hitting him (if I understand him correctly) and if I understand the rules correctly, that's not the case.
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Ratha wrote:I wasn't talking about him moving into the square. He's saying that he'll be able to retreat without them hitting him (if I understand him correctly) and if I understand the rules correctly, that's not the case.

I agree with you.
EDIT: But it's good to try it out now, so we know for sure how it works when the opponents are more dangerous.
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cragspyder on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Ratha wrote:
LoneStarNorth wrote:Move: You move to an adjacent space. The Arena is divided into five spaces. Goblins who remain at the far Left are furthest from harm, but the Crowd doesn’t react well to cowardice. Conversely, Goblins who head to the far Right are closest to danger, which the Crowd enjoys. However, staying at the far ends causes the larger part of the Crowd to ignore you, so your actions will have little effect on the Crowd Guage. Goblins who stay in the Middle are in full view of the entire Crowd, and their actions affect the Crowd Gauge very strongly, for better or worse. The Middle Left and Middle Right are sort of neutral zones, neither cowardly nor brave, neither hidden nor open. If you attempt to move while an enemy is in the space you start in, that enemy can still attack you!

Actually lives, that's not QUITE the case.

Oh, lord. Good to know I was thorough when I read it the first time.

Chalk one up on the failboard.
Cragspyder
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ArdentSilver on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:01 pm

That about right?
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby michael7050 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:11 pm

:D
ServesBeers, Owner of:
The Gobl'INN, the perfect venue to have beers, (and cider, ale etc) while you discuss the latest murders!
Find it today at Thuntworld Serial Killers! - ServesBeers is taking a vacation and apologises for any inconvienience
Stocked by: The Exalted Clan Of Brewerery -Chief - BrewsBeers,Chief Foreman - BrewsAGoodBeer,Stirrer #1 - StirsVats ,Stirrer #2 - WieldsAPaddle, Taster - GetsDrunk,Ingredients Manager - SpikesDrinks----In memory of Grim, who drew my Avatar, and abondoned this clan.
DrinksBeers, Guardian of the Twisting Falls Clan!
GoAwayIHaveAHangover, Lead Tactician of Clan MightyOak!
THE HANGOVER, Goblin Mage!
FiveMinutesLate ToTheParty - Goblin Defender!
Teetotaller , Escapee! - Died by a grisly fate. May EvilCoatrack speed him to Maglubiyets arms.
IsADrunkMage, Mage of the Catacombs! -Surivived! Now at Mud's Betting Stall!

GetsDrunkAndMakesRainbowsEverywhere, The mighty Rainbowmancer! - Abandoned by Pointsthingsout. :(

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cragspyder on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Avatar updated. But I will be keeping track of all the OTHER fails, too. Should there be any.
Cragspyder
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LoneStarNorth on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:02 pm

First Blood!

Keeper, Eats, Not Important, and Get Away gang up on the first Criminal. He has time only to slash Keeper for 1 damage before you beat the everloving crap out of him, leaving him Disabled. Aims, Raises, Betrays, and Trips deal a similar beatdown to the other knife-wielder after knocking him down as a team. That Criminal is also Disabled, though he deals a bit more damage, namely 2 points to Aims. The Crowd roars with approval at such a vicious masacre!

Lives does not fare as well, as the two remaining Criminals gleefully smack him around for 3 damage. The Crowd approves of Lives' bravery, however, if not his intelligence.

"Here's what you came to see, ladies and gentlemen. Behold the savagery of goblinkind! Let's send some more crooks in there to get their just desserts!"

Two more Criminals are thrown into the Arena.

SPOILERS:Good job on those first two dudes! Gang-beatings are pretty effective, as you can see. But as you can also see, even these lowly Criminals have higher stats than you! Even if you take them down in one turn they still get to attack you, so be careful.

Also, you know you can change your actions after posting them, right...? Just make a new post, perhaps strikeout your old one. Didn't I mention that? I guess I thought everyone would know from Last Ditch :oops:
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby madmartin26 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:32 pm

lurker

lives better be careful, he could be disabled next round if no one helps him.
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TanaNari on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Well.... lives is going to be suffering pretty badly. Now to figure out... why did *I* get attacked first. I guess "first to lead the charge is attacked" didn't apply here. Since I was pretty clear about waiting and letting an armored opponent go *first*. Maybe it's because I posted first? Hmm.

Oh well, we'll find out I guess. Everyone's gotta advance to the next square no matter how we do this. Retreating now isn't such a good plan and we gotta save lives. It also seems loot isn't "dropped" here, either. Darn. I wanted a pointy object.

Aims moves to help lives, making sure (again) to let an armored ally go first. He looks at the disabled criminals hoping to get lucky and take one of their weapons. Since that hope is dashed, he changes his gaze to the remaining criminals, wipes some blood off his face- not knowing or caring if it's his or his enemy's- and advances on them.
TanaNari
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RandomMerc on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Get Away

I am going to coup de grace one of the disabled criminals and toss his weapon to Lives, because he needs it more than anyone.
Than, I am advancing into the next square and wedging my trident in between one of the unarmed criminal's eyes (or if I cannot reach it, the tender, vulnerable spot) :evilgrin:
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:43 pm

TanaNari wrote:It also seems loot isn't "dropped" here, either. Darn. I wanted a pointy object.

"If you want my dagger you'll have to pry it out of my cold _____ hands!"
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Not Important

Not Important calmly notices that Lives by the Sword needs help. However, daring heroic rescue attempts isn't his cup of tea, other goblins are always quick to take care of such things. He is content with cleaning up after the battle. He tries to use the first knife human's knife to slit their throat, but if the knife is unusable, he resorts to using his hands and teeth. "Noone seems to care about these humans, and leaving them alive isn't worth the risk", he thinks to himself.

Summary: Coup de Grace on the first Criminal.
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 pm

RandomMerc wrote:Get Away

I am going to coup de grace one of the disabled criminals and toss his weapon to Lives, because he needs it more than anyone.
Than, I am advancing into the next square and wedging my trident in between one of the unarmed criminal's eyes (or if I cannot reach it, the tender, vulnerable spot)

You beat me to it, but I suppose you did the other guy. But I think you took three or four actions there, and we can only do one per round.
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Keeper grins maniacally. The rush of battle! Yes! Haha!

But what is this? Lives looks to be in trouble. Keeper no longer fears the two criminals he just fought, they look to be down for the count. And so, he rushes to the next area, screaming wildly at the top of his lungs in order to attract the attention of the two crooks attacking lives.

"EAAAAAAARGHHH!"

HP 4/5
Attack 1
Defense 2 (leather armour)
Appeal -5

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cragspyder on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:34 pm

LoneStarNorth wrote:
Lives does not fare as well, as the two remaining Criminals gleefully smack him around for 3 damage. The Crowd approves of Lives' bravery, however, if not his intelligence.

Int was my dump stat.

Lol at the smiles on the thugs that are kickin' the crap out of me :)

I suppose I could let you all move into mid-right square and I move back to center. Since LoneStarNorth takes his 'turn' last, the criminals will likely ignore a retreating goblin to face his eight angry brothers/sisters.

However, might as well stay in character!

Lives by the Sword

Vision blurring due to his newly-broken nose, Lives by the Sword idly wonders if he could have made some better life decisions in the past.

Like, for example, about ten seconds ago, when he decided to take on two medium-sized humanoids with his fists, he wonders if he might have been better served by taking five levels of Monk as a child instead of pilfering the Chief's prized fungus-brew.

Lives by the Sword grins at the humans with his bloody teeth.

He then spits blood in the face of the thug on his right, turns, and drop-kicks the other thug in the kneecap. Putting all his weight behind it should result in a satisfying 'pop'.

Lives also prepares to dodge the half-blinded retaliation from the first thug, hopefully in such a way as to force him to hit his comrade. You know, the way children beat adults in the movies.

Lives idly wonders what a 'movie' is.

Likely to result in two undamaged thugs (they must have Def of at least 1 and I have Atk 1) and a disabled (or dead) Goblin, but hey, going out with a bang (or 'pop') is fun too!

In the first round.

Oops!
Cragspyder
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ArdentSilver on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Raises Eyebrows

Raises Eyebrows dances a bit on the body of the downed criminal. "How'd you like that? How'd you like that?"

The goblin bounces from the thief's slight potbelly, leaping into the air, and landing hard on the thief's knee, buckler first. Bone crunches audibly. Raises Eyebrows darts back to the thief's chest. "Not so tall now are you?" Eyebrows stops mid-taunt, one foot poised to spring, the other splayed out, testing the air.

A feral gleam emerges in Raises Eyebrows' eye as a sinister grin spreads over his face. He puts his foot down, and leans in to the thief's face. "I know just how to turn my shield red..." The little slate goblin throws a quick left hook, clipping the thug's mouth with his buckler. Teeth and blood spray out, spattering the shield with gore.

"More! More blood! Bleed for me! BLEED FOR ME! Aroaaaaa!" Holding the buckler in his two knobby hands, Raises Eyebrows brings the shield across the thief's temple, shattering the skull and drenching both goblin and shield with blood.

**Coup de grace on Criminal #2**
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RandomMerc on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:32 pm

notimportant wrote:
RandomMerc wrote:Get Away

Than, I am advancing into the next square and wedging my trident in between one of the unarmed criminal's eyes (or if I cannot reach it, the tender, vulnerable spot)

You beat me to it, but I suppose you did the other guy. But I think you took three or four actions there, and we can only do one per round.

Alright... I will just coup de grace the criminal you aren't killing already.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Betrays A Friend

Okay, as there is already 3 coup the graces, I suppouse I should go and help Lives. Probaply some of the others should advance forward as well, possibly the ones who have armor at least? As there is probaply 4 humans in that square on the next round.

Betrays felt proud, that they had succeeded in defeating the worst of the thugs, though soon he realized that Lives was in troble. He really would have prefered not to rush in to the next area, as the new 2 thugs would probaply advance to there next as well.... but he felt that he really had no choice. He just quickly picked himself up and run to the next section of the arena to help Lives at the same time rushily thinking of some kind of a battle plan against 4 unarmed humans.

Betrays moves forward to help Lives.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby brontan on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Trips on Rocks
"Lives! NOOOOOOOO!!" Trips screams as he dives into the next square.
Trips on Rocks Survived till round 73
Hp 0/5
attack:0 (Dead)
defence:0 (Dead)
app: 0 (Dead)
brontan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games