The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:19 am

SPOILERS:Awww, on the one day i couldn't camp the forum for this by continuously refreshing it... ;_; Oh well, will try again and will watch over here for any quitters too. :evilgrin:

Good luck, Goblins. Try to overrun them. ;P
Goblin Defence Lt. Play With Fire Unknown Duration Hiatus
Zombie Bait Zombie Falls Down Stairs Game Ended
Awesomesword Wanes Drill Sergeant
HP: 5/5, ATK:2, DEF: 5
Gargoyle Horn (+1, Ablate 1 def), Chainshirt(+3) & Buckler (+1)

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan Saves The Realm
HP: 4/5, ATK: 4 (Orcish Hand Axe: +2 ATK 1h. Parry 2., Light Axe: +1 ATK. off-hand. 3 Damage when Thrown, Recoverable if target dies.), DEF: 2 (+1 Goblin)
Pack: [Gem of Defense: Can be permanently applied to a piece of non-magical equipment to make the item magical and grant it +1 Defense in addition to its other stats.], [Firestick: Causes 2-5 Fire damage at range. 1h. Major Action. 3 charges.] , [Empty Jar]
Abilities: Soul Siphon (Minor Action: Heal 1 HP of target ally at touch range. Costs Saves 1 HP. No cooldown.) (Swings/Rounds: 1/1)
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AdjectiveNoun on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:03 am

EatsAnAdventurer

Eats is too busy running around in (approximately) circles to manage to get any of the equipment before her fellow goblins do. It's hard to tell if she's terrified or excited. In actual fact, she isn't sure herself. She'd always dreamed of being a warrior but, of course, being female she wasn't allowed to leave the village to go to a warcamp. The attack changed everything. She isn't entirely sure if the humans think letting females fight is normal, or if they just can't tell because she's a goblin, but hey!

"Aw man, aw man, look at all those humans! We're gonna die! We're gonna live! We're gonna ohmygosh get in a big fight and kill some people! I hope. Oh, wait, we're moving? Right! Onwards, into battle, glory and horrible, horrible death!"

She moves to the middle-left with the other goblins, hopping up and down like the ground's on fire, and continues to yabber brainlessly.
Arena Slaves
EatsAnAdventurer
HP 1/5
ATK 1
DEF 1
APP 7
AdjectiveNoun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:09 am

For LoneStarNorth:
SPOILERS:Can there be a "Subjective App by the crowd"? I mean, since you do pretty awesome games, i'm sure many forumers visit and read these, forming the potential 4th Wall Crowd, the other side of the arena which is not represented on the picture... :D It could be a 0.0001 % modifier on the real App score, or something. And valid only over a 20-30 votes in total, so it had to worth making it up. :D Even with this idea being rejected, this game will be epic, i'm looking forward to it.
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby BeamStalk on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:53 am

*sigh* didn't make it in time
Fuhmbles - Level 85 Goblin Shaman - Steamwheedle Cartel Server
Eatssocks - Level 21 Goblin Rogue - Steamwheedle Cartel Server
BeamStalk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Warlock on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 am

Warlock stands up in the crowd and cheers!
"Yeah! Kill 'em!!! Stab 'em! Kick 'em in the shin! Poke 'em in the eyes! Rip 'is 'ead off!!! Wooooo!!!!"
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wolfie21384 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:37 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:For LoneStarNorth:
SPOILERS:Can there be a "Subjective App by the crowd"? I mean, since you do pretty awesome games, i'm sure many forumers visit and read these, forming the potential 4th Wall Crowd, the other side of the arena which is not represented on the picture... :D It could be a 0.0001 % modifier on the real App score, or something. And valid only over a 20-30 votes in total, so it had to worth making it up. :D Even with this idea being rejected, this game will be epic, i'm looking forward to it.

SPOILERS:Please oh please oh please oh please let us do this! I wanna heckle and cheer on the performers! We can all write in a specific color that isn't one of the goblins so we can be differentiated and whatnot... :) If not, I'll enjoy sitting comfortably in my chair and simply chatting at my screen as i watch what's going on!
Thuntworld Serial Killers
Rounds 5 & 30 Winner & DeliversDrinks, the Barmaid
Stop in for some ale, cider, or spirits! Guaranteed to have fun alive or dead!

Zombie Bait Finished.
ImageRunsLikeWind Deceased:Turn 62 Fugitives
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:12 am

"Why are all those goblins naked? Disgusting! Destroy the filthy things! (I can't believe I'm rooting for murderers.)"

Edit: Wait, are the criminals also naked?

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby michael7050 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 am

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

AGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

I CAN"T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid time delays..
ServesBeers, Owner of:
The Gobl'INN, the perfect venue to have beers, (and cider, ale etc) while you discuss the latest murders!
Find it today at Thuntworld Serial Killers! - ServesBeers is taking a vacation and apologises for any inconvienience
Stocked by: The Exalted Clan Of Brewerery -Chief - BrewsBeers,Chief Foreman - BrewsAGoodBeer,Stirrer #1 - StirsVats ,Stirrer #2 - WieldsAPaddle, Taster - GetsDrunk,Ingredients Manager - SpikesDrinks----In memory of Grim, who drew my Avatar, and abondoned this clan.
DrinksBeers, Guardian of the Twisting Falls Clan!
GoAwayIHaveAHangover, Lead Tactician of Clan MightyOak!
THE HANGOVER, Goblin Mage!
FiveMinutesLate ToTheParty - Goblin Defender!
Teetotaller , Escapee! - Died by a grisly fate. May EvilCoatrack speed him to Maglubiyets arms.
IsADrunkMage, Mage of the Catacombs! -Surivived! Now at Mud's Betting Stall!

GetsDrunkAndMakesRainbowsEverywhere, The mighty Rainbowmancer! - Abandoned by Pointsthingsout. :(

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby michael7050 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:47 am

Hmmm...

Having taken the time to read in depth each post, I see that there is still a chance to have some input.....

This crowd should have some thirsty patrons....

Beers and refreshing Beverages, only 1gp each!
ServesBeers, Owner of:
The Gobl'INN, the perfect venue to have beers, (and cider, ale etc) while you discuss the latest murders!
Find it today at Thuntworld Serial Killers! - ServesBeers is taking a vacation and apologises for any inconvienience
Stocked by: The Exalted Clan Of Brewerery -Chief - BrewsBeers,Chief Foreman - BrewsAGoodBeer,Stirrer #1 - StirsVats ,Stirrer #2 - WieldsAPaddle, Taster - GetsDrunk,Ingredients Manager - SpikesDrinks----In memory of Grim, who drew my Avatar, and abondoned this clan.
Teetotaller , Escapee! - Died by a grisly fate. May EvilCoatrack speed him to Maglubiyets arms.

GetsDrunkAndMakesRainbowsEverywhere, The mighty Rainbowmancer! - Abandoned by Pointsthingsout. :(

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wolfie21384 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:17 pm

michael7050 wrote:Hmmm...

Having taken the time to read in depth each post, I see that there is still a chance to have some input.....

Expanding your enterprise, my dear Bartender?
Thuntworld Serial Killers
Rounds 5 & 30 Winner & DeliversDrinks, the Barmaid
Stop in for some ale, cider, or spirits! Guaranteed to have fun alive or dead!

Zombie Bait Finished.
ImageRunsLikeWind Deceased:Turn 62 Fugitives
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Postby MadBoat on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:46 pm

michael7050 wrote:Hmmm...

OMFG MICHEAL IS TOTALLY THE KILLER LOOK HE'S A FAN OF BLOODSPORTS OMGLOLWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Not Important
Not important watches his clanmates grab the equipment. He doesn't grab anything for himself, since he wouldn't make any good use of it. Becoming a warrior had never crossed his mind! "If only our warriors had been in the village. This arena would be right up their alley.", he thought to himself. He could imagine Chief Wields, Shakes-a-Spear and the veteran Limps charging the scruffy looking humans, chasing them into the stands. "But this group of goblins seem confident enough in their battle ability. Maybe they can get through this." He walks forward with the group, but veers a bit to the side, so he's slightly separated from the group and closer to the stands. He knows his influence over the battle will be minimal (it's his fate, after all), but he stays close to provide support if needed (and hopefully get in a flanking position later). He then turns to the stands and waves tenuatively, since he's not at all used to this many people watching him.

Summary: Not Important moves to Mid-Left, on the outer edge of the group. He then does a rather timid flaunting attempt, unless the move is a full action.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby michael7050 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:58 pm

MadBoat wrote:OMFG MICHEAL IS TOTALLY THE KILLER LOOK HE'S A FAN OF BLOODSPORTS OMGLOLWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!

:D

Didn't expect to see an Erfworld reference in here...

Wolfie21384 wrote:Expanding your enterprise, my dear Bartender?

Whenever there's a chance to make money.....

I'm saving the Queen Bee cider for last though, I don't want a blood-thirsty crowd while I'm still in it :)
ServesBeers, Owner of:

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zathyr on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:34 pm

SPOILERS:You know, I was going to let LSN speak for himself about all this non-player chatter, but honestly even I'm having a hard time following what the players are doing with all this jibber-jabber. If some folks want to roleplay the crowd cheering them on, maybe start a separate thread for that?
Wanders Off in The Awesomesword Wanes
HP 2?/5 | ATK 4 (base 1 + Greatsword +3) | DEF 4 (base 2 + Armour Torso +2)
Tactics: Attention Whore (+1 ATK and DEF when fighting alone)
(Cursed) Mask Of Screaming
Zathyr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:55 pm

The Goblins advance as a group, and the Criminals do the same. Sizing their foes up, it looks like this first match should be easy... REALLY easy. With the advantage of numbers and some superior equipment, the Goblins should easily come out on top.

There must be more to this match than first meets the eye...

BUCKLER
Def +1.

DAGGER
Atk +1.

GLADIATOR’S MASK
Def +1, App +1.

LEATHER ARMOUR
Def +1.

TRIDENT
Atk +2.

SPOILERS:Several people have asked and YES, moving counts as an action and you only get one action per turn. I might change that for the next combat, however, now that I realize how sloooow things are going to get in the first few turns. Possibly I'll add a Charge action for that purpose. But regardless, not all matches will start with all of you and all of the bad guys at opposite ends, and lots of bad guys and/or gear will "break" the rules. This is just the first battle to get everyone used to the game, myself included. Just go with what's in the first post for now.

And yes, Zathyr is right. There should NOT be more posts by spectators than by players. If you guys want to start a separate thread that'd be just fine with me! I might even drop some in-character posts in there now and then... But if not a separate thread, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to just tone it down. Thanks.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby TanaNari on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:24 pm

So... we can't move *and* attack... ok, that makes advancing into the center more acceptable since they''ll have to come in to fight us and won't get a surprise shot.

We'll need to be smart how we divide our attack up. Figure they probably don't have much more health and similar defence to us, it's best to concentrate fire exactly enough to take one out at a time and distract the others.

Give me a second to split us up based on who has what and what the enemy looks like it's capable of...
TanaNari
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RandomMerc on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Get Away

I keep behind someone and advance into middle ground, and try to hold out the trident for extra range.

"Guys, we should let the big tank people in front, and have the punchers, trips, and I get behind, so we could use you as distractions while we charge."
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby TanaNari on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:51 pm

We got a total of 12 points of damage we can do. I'm going to ass-u-me these humans probably have about 7 total def and hp. We shall see. If this works like LSN's other game (and I've no reason to believe it will, but either way *now* is the time to find out) we'll need that much damage each.

Betrays- you target the last guy in the back of the pack. With your bonus to appeal, this will make you most visible and hopefully do us some good. You also run the greatest risk of harm, so it's your call. Your responsibility is mostly to test the appeal effect and how off/def works in this game.

Everyone else is going to pile the two carrying knives. We can put 7 damage on one and four on the other. Or if we feel the need to be safe, 8 on one and three on the other. I'm torn between getting a certain kill, and wind up taking an extra round of fighting to finish the others... or taking a tactical risk to potentially end this faster.

First Knifer: Doors, you have armor, go for him. Away, join that attack (tot 4dmg now). Everyone not mentioned by name hit this guy as well. That's tot 7

Second Knifer: Raises, our last armored member. Trips join raises (tot 3dmg). I'll join this group to make 4. Unless we decide to split 8/3. Then I'll do the first group.

Either way- armor goes in first, the rest follow behind. Betray, take front point- you wanted the intimidating mask, after all.

If everyone agrees, I advance to center with my clanmates. Since we can't attack 'till tomorrow's update no matter what we do.
TanaNari
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RandomMerc on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:57 pm

TanaNari wrote:We got a total of 12 points of damage we can do. I'm going to ass-u-me these humans probably have about 7 total def and hp. We shall see. If this works like LSN's other game (and I've no reason to believe it will, but either way *now* is the time to find out) we'll need that much damage each.

Betrays- you target the last guy in the back of the pack. With your bonus to appeal, this will make you most visible and hopefully do us some good. You also run the greatest risk of harm, so it's your call. Your responsibility is mostly to test the appeal effect and how off/def works in this game.

Everyone else is going to pile the two carrying knives. We can put 7 damage on one and four on the other. Or if we feel the need to be safe, 8 on one and three on the other. I'm torn between getting a certain kill, and wind up taking an extra round of fighting to finish the others... or taking a tactical risk to potentially end this faster.

First Knifer: Doors, you have armor, go for him. Away, join that attack (tot 4dmg now). Everyone not mentioned by name hit this guy as well. That's tot 7

Second Knifer: Raises, our last armored member. Trips join raises (tot 3dmg). I'll join this group to make 4. Unless we decide to split 8/3. Then I'll do the first group.

Either way- armor goes in first, the rest follow behind. Betray, take front point- you wanted the intimidating mask, after all.

If everyone agrees, I advance to center with my clanmates. Since we can't attack 'till tomorrow's update no matter what we do.

Don't forget that if we are creative we do more damage... could give us some more spare people.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:06 pm

TanaNari wrote:What TanaNari said.

I'm up for all of that. I'll get started on it now.

Keeper of Doors places himself at the front of the clan and advances to the center of the arena. Now that he's wearing the armour, he'd better be up front. He'll just have to trust that the rest of the clan follows beside him.

And that the other's with heavy armour walk beside him. The clan will not fail!

But just to ensure that he's the one taking the hits, now's the time to hurl some really nasty insults at the humans.

"Awww, look at that!" he yells. "Some stupid humans got thrown in here with us! What's the matter? You loosers couldn't fight real battles, so they gave you an easy one? Watch them laugh at you as they fail miserably! You fools couldn't fight your way through a paper sack made of hot butter!"

Yeah, that's right thinks Doors. Pay attention to me. Pay attention to ME!
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AdjectiveNoun on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:23 pm

EatsAnAdventurer

Eats skips forwards into the Centre, overexuberant momentum carrying her a little way ahead of many of the others to start with until she quickly digs her heels in to stay in line with the rest, and behind Doors.

"Those," she declares, "Look to me like very shifty individuals! I mean, if even the humans don't want them any more, these have got to be ess-kay-yu-em of the worst sort! Expect underhanded tactics of the most dreadful kind! Er, no offence, Aims. Just watch your backs, everyone! Along with your sides, fronts, tops and, er, other vulnerable parts!"
Arena Slaves
EatsAnAdventurer
HP 1/5
ATK 1
DEF 1
APP 7
AdjectiveNoun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kide on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Betrays A Friend

Ok, that's an okay plan for us, I will try and attack the last human next time around as you suggested TanaNari.

Betrays a Friend walks forward ready to face the lowest humans in their human society, hoping to end the fight as quickly as possible. He walks besides Keeper of Doors and steps just a little bit closer to the thugs than rest of the goblins still growling to the human scumbags raising his hands in the air trying to seem like a monster from their nightmares. Thinking to himself "I will show you what kind of monster I am". He makes himself ready for the attack next round.

And sorry for any possibly spelling mistakes, english is not my native language after all.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby Cragspyder on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Lives by the Sword

Lives by the Sword advances to the centre position. He steps away from the group of goblins and points meaningfully to the human second from the back, making it obvious that he intends to attack him alone, mano-y-mano...errr, goblino. "Thieves may not have honour, but they do have pride." he thinks to himself. "Hopefully, picking on someone smaller then himself will make sure he is confident enough to attack me alone."

Well, real-time strategy teaches us that focus fire works the best, so Tarinari's idea is sound. However, we want to minimize damage to ourselves (and spread it out amongst all of us) as well. There is still one thug unassigned, that will be free to assist one of his pals (most likely against Betrays). I'll do my best to make sure that he is occupied until the rest of us can swarm him. As well, they are likely rogue types, which means potential sneak attack bonuses or other dirty fighting if they are allowed to choose their own targets (which they might anyways, we have no idea what they have prepared for us or if the rules are the same as The Last Ditch Dungeon). Please note LoneStarNorth's foreshadowing!

See also: blatant selfishness in order to build APP for myself by taking on a larger humanoid one-on-one with no weapons...but risky....
Last edited by Cragspyder on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cragspyder
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby notimportant on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Not Important
Not Important notices that his fellow goblins have quickly adapted to the situation, and that they are already making clever plans for defeating the group of scruffy humans. This is not surprising, since Clan Fourem has always had to deal with adventurer attacks. He is somewhat puzzled about the circumstances, and wonders if the group of humans are actually hostile. Maybe they were also captured and made to fight for entertainment? He also feels a little annoyed over having to do exactly what The Captors want him to, but he's not the kind of goblin who'd speak up about it, unless other goblins did. Instead, he nods at Aims' advice and advances to the center of the arena. He keeps his eyes warily on the crowds... some of them looks ready to throw rocks at him, and he'd want a chance to duck.

Summary: Not Important moves to Center Stage, walking at the edge of the group and watching the crowd.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby TanaNari on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Right, of course creativity- I'm not saying don't fight dirty. I am called *Aims at Genitals* after all. Fighting dirty's kinda my thing.

All I was doing was suggesting targets. Lives is right though, we probably shouldn't leave one of these alone. Guess that means I'm going for the first knifer. I am iffy about spreading down to 7/4 instead of 8/3... but now we're going to have to do 7/3. Unless we switch up and just have an armored fighter go alone against the second knifer and everyone else hit the first guy. I'm discussing this now because I'd rather we have the entire plan ready *before* the final bell.

Aims advances forward, confident his plan will work nicely. He knows that no plan survives contact with the enemy- they rarely survive contact with friends and allies. But this one's solid and gives us our best hope of survival. Waiting for an appropriate moment to strike, he smiles cruelly at the second knifer in line. Let this one think I'm coming for him, so I can have my opening on the one I really want. Next spring, he would have been ready to join the warcamp and fight along side his heroes in glorious battle against the humans who hounded them so. This wasn't what he'd expected, but battle is battle. Time to prove himself.

He talks loudly, letting the criminals hear him "We won't kill you if you run now- I don't know how they plan to execute you, but I promise you it's nothing compared to what awaits you at our hands if you fight us".
Last edited by TanaNari on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TanaNari
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games