The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Postby ArdentSilver on Thu May 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Actually, according to LSN's last census it looks like you might both have 5 attack, the dagger giving you an extra attack, and the lion skin giving him one more too (I think*).

In that case, and assuming the boots of speed allow you to make two attacks (I think it does? It's been a while) I think we should definitely let Kide have the boots, as it will be the biggest boost to our offensive potential.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Thu May 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Remember to add your base Goblin Atk of 1 also. But yeah, that's right, you guys have the same total Atk.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Thu May 26, 2011 12:31 pm

All right then.... though.... if we are assuming that I will die this turn, it might be better if I gave something like the belt already away perhaps? So that we might have more items for the few goblins that will be alive after next round.... The other option would be to give the boots to the person with the weapon with reach, as they are not in the dange zone right now... thought then I would prefer they would get the gauntlets from randommerc as well to get more attack power....

Oh well....

Oh yeah... completly forgot that base attack score.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby ArdentSilver on Thu May 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Kide wrote:All right then.... though.... if we are assuming that I will die this turn, it might be better if I gave something like the belt already away perhaps? So that we might have more items for the few goblins that will be alive after next round.... The other option would be to give the boots to the person with the weapon with reach, as they are not in the dange zone right now... thought then I would prefer they would get the gauntlets from randommerc as well to get more attack power....

Oh well....

Oh yeah... completly forgot that base attack score.

Only problem there is that the goblin with the reach weapon, Bites, isn't in our square, so we can't swap items with him, unfortunately.

Also remember that with you wearing the boots, we knock up our damage output by about 1/3rd. I predict the fight's going to be over, one way or the other, in two rounds max.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Thu May 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Yeah it is going to be over pretty quickly that's for sure. One way or the other.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Thu May 26, 2011 12:48 pm

GetAwayIWantToBeAlone

I vote GetAway attacks the Master of Ceremonies with all his strength.

Raises Eyebrows

Raises Eyebrows rolls away from Amadeusz, only to charge back in a moment later, caution thrown to the wind, stabbing at Amadeusz as fast as possible, counting on the lower relative weight of his weapons to out do Amadeusz in quantity, if not in quality. He aims for the wrists, the armpits, the jugular, all the vulnerable spots he knows.

"One way or the other..." growls Eyebrows, between thrusts of the dagger. "This is going to be over soon. I don't expect you to stop and monologue, but the least you could do is share your plans before your die? Either the 'secret' dies with us when you mercilessly cut us down, or you take your vaunted plans with you to the grave." The goblin stabs once more, confidant that at this point, the goblins' combined attacks have drawn blood. "Which way will it be, Master of Ceremonies?"
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Thu May 26, 2011 12:53 pm

By the way I can attack twise with the booths, even if I will be cut down this turn Lonestarnorth? Just thought I would make certan that it works like that. And I will vote for Randommerc to attack as well, charge into the fray, as well... this will pretty much be the last turns that we can do a lot of damage to this guy, and if we can't have all of us attacking, then I would rather wait for how ever long it would take to get that move in, as that might be quite vital for our survival here.... So hope we can vote on his action.

Betrays A Friend

Betrays sees another one fall down and feels that it might be his turn to lay dead next turn... He just hopes he is able to damage Amadeuz enough so that the rest of the clan could survive from this place, and that this place would not be just one big death trap for all of them... He swings his sword twise against Amadeuz, after receiving the boots of speed. Well... at least there is an afterlife to look forward to...

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Thu May 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Shit. Missed the update because of keenspot, sorry.

Get Away charges and tries to avenge the death of in debt
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Thu May 26, 2011 2:55 pm

If I recall correctly, the boots allow you to attack twice, but with a -2 to ATK.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Thu May 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Hmmh.... If it is so, then I wonder if the guard armor or the healing wand would have been better choises... I donät know, just hope we get him down quickly... otherwise we are going to die here.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Thu May 26, 2011 3:21 pm

"One way or the other... this is going to be over soon. I don't expect you to stop and monologue, but the least you could do is share your plans before your die? Either the 'secret' dies with us when you mercilessly cut us down, or you take your vaunted plans with you to the grave. Which way will it be, Master of Ceremonies?"
"I feel secure in my legacy. Do you?"
"I guess that's a no. This is for our friends you son of a bitch."

Amadeusz has been slain.

You are free.

SPOILERS:Weirdest iPod ad ever.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Thu May 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Kide wrote:Hmmh.... If it is so, then I wonder if the guard armor or the healing wand would have been better choises... I donät know, just hope we get him down quickly... otherwise we are going to die here.

I don't know what it is that's replacing apostrophes with a-umlauts, but I find it quite amusing.

And also...

now what? :o

Raises Eyebrows will offer the Dagger back to Eats, and ask for the battered buckler back.

SPOILERS:I can predict LSN's next project now... Goblin Shadow Puppets...
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Thu May 26, 2011 3:51 pm

SPOILERS:The ä is next to the ' on some Scandinavian keyboards, Swedish and Finnish I suppose. Also, you guys won! Hooray! Take his fiddle-swords!
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Thu May 26, 2011 5:14 pm

LoneStarNorth wrote:"I guess that's a no. This is for our friends you son of a bitch."

Inigo would be proud.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby RandomMerc on Thu May 26, 2011 6:53 pm

SPOILERS:WHOOO HOO! I WON IN A LSN GAME!

Get Away turns around and walks out of the arena like the badass he is.

Well, maybe he skips just a little bit.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Thu May 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Betrays A Friend

Betrays sighs in relief and then starts to work on getting out of this place as quickly as he can. He first sees if any of the worgs would be willing to leave the arena with them as their master is defeated, and that they could carry the two fallen goblins from the arena with them, he does not wish to leave any more of them behind. "Someone see if Amadeuz have any gear to offer for us, I think he owes as some more things now that he killed to more of us...", He says and starts to quickly get out of this place when everybody else is ready to leave.

And yeah, it is scandinavian letter just like the ö is, but the ä is so close to the ', that I accidently press it almost all the time... and don't remeber to always fix it by replacing the letter with this '. I am sure it can be amusing... :roll:

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Silentobserver on Thu May 26, 2011 10:47 pm

SPOILERS:Then suddenly! The tarrasque! Or, better yet, loot his hat, sacrifice yourself, and help us out in our game. :D
Silentobserver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MindWorX on Fri May 27, 2011 5:02 am

SPOILERS:Flaunt! Flaunt like you've never flaunted before!
MindWorX
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Wolfie21384 on Fri May 27, 2011 5:15 am

MindWorX wrote:
SPOILERS:Flaunt! Flaunt like you've never flaunted before!

SPOILERS:But can they beat the epic flaunting that they did before?
Thuntworld Serial Killers
Rounds 5 & 30 Winner & DeliversDrinks, the Barmaid
Stop in for some ale, cider, or spirits! Guaranteed to have fun alive or dead!

Zombie Bait Finished.
ImageRunsLikeWind Deceased:Turn 62 Fugitives
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Fri May 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Update... in a bit. Just in case anyone wants to post something else.

This is the end, in case you haven't figured it out. PREPARE TO BE (OVER/UNDER)WHELMED WITH SPLASH IMAGES.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Fri May 27, 2011 2:20 pm

I have to go to sleep... =/ Well, have to see the update at the morning I guess, a shame really would have wanted to see it before going to sleep. Well somthing to wait in th morning I suppose.... ^^

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Fri May 27, 2011 2:59 pm

"Look, the worgs are running for it! I think that's our cue to go."
"What about Keeper and In Debt? Are we just leaving them here? With HIM?"
"You KNOW the Clan laws. That's how it has to be. Besides, the guards could show up any minute."
"What about this guy's swords?"
"Leave 'em."
"Look, some of the worgs stayed behind. I think they're waiting for us!"

"Raises, c'mon. We're getting out of here."
"...Yeah. Let's go."

The Clan Fourem survivors fled swiftly. Escaping the city was no challenge. Their mounts were swift, and it was a moonless night. They soon left Coppersun, and its Arena, far behind them. They would never return.

Three days later they reached the Clan Fourem village, only to find than their Clanmates were packing everything up, on order of Chief Wields An Awesome Sword. Apparently, they hadn't been the only ones to have an adventure recently.

They were greeted warmly by their friends. Apparently, the Chief and four other warriors had been about to come looking for them while the rest of the Clan moved to a distant valley. After so many days of fear and isolation, it felt good to know they hadn't been forgotten. And better knowing they hadn't forced their Clanmates to risk the same tortures they'd already faced.

It didn't matter where the village was. They were home.

Bites Off More Than He Can Chew decided to join the ranks of the Clan Fourem warriors. After his experiences in Coppersun, he couldn't go back to the life of a villager. He was eventually killed by a ranger while scouting alone, but not before taking down the rest of his party.

Betrays A Friend had more than proven himself to his Clanmates. Never again did they feel any mistrust towards him. He went on to become one of the Chief's most trusted advisors.

Eats An Adventurer eventually became head worg trainer of the Clan, and was known to raise the most fearsome and loyal mounts anyone could remember. She also became very protective of the worg pups. Once a halfling snuck into the village and tried to steal some. Eats bit his nose off.

Raises Eyebrows managed to go back to his previous life in the village, but the events in the Arena seldom left his mind. There were so many questions left unanswered, and so many friends left behind. Unfortunately, he would never find peace in his lifetime, long and full though it was.

Get Away I Want To Be Alone seemed to return to normal, but he continued to dress up as a lion when he thought nobody was looking. One day a group of younglings caught him admiring his reflection in a lake and making purring noises. This turned out to be his secret destiny.

The village's new location proved to be a paradise. This was fortunate, as with all the effort it took to move all the memorial statues there would likely have been a mutiny otherwise. But after many weeks of back and forth trips, all were relocated.

Four more were immediately carved. They, and all statues after them, would feature gemstone eyes.

SPOILERS:Congratulations guys :D

I'll be posting some bonus features soonish. I'll also take any questions anyone may have.
Last edited by LoneStarNorth on Fri May 27, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Fri May 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Can't wait to see this =D

Good job, guys :wink:
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri May 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Congratulations, Arena Freegoblins!

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby arles on Fri May 27, 2011 5:36 pm

It was a huge honor to make a cameo in your epilogue, guys. You behaved like true proud goblins. Well done!

And LSN, another master work. You must be the most beloved user of the forum by now XD

LONG LIVE CLAN FOUREM!
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games