The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Postby ArdentSilver on Thu May 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Raises Eyebrows

Raises Eyebrows lets the Scythe Hook remain embedded in the arena sand. He dashes forth, circling around Amadeusz, lunging for a quick hamstring strike.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Thu May 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Betrays, Get Away, Raises, and Eats attack Amadeusz with a combined Atk of 13, which is pretty amazing. And yet they still only deal comparitivel minor damage! Enough to drop most Goblins, admittedly...

Amadeusz counters by attacking Betrays twice, dealing a total of 6 damage! Fortunately, In Debt is ready with his Wand and heals him back up to 2 Hp.

Bites flaunts, but since he hasn't even attacked yet this combat, and since Amadeusz is clearly holding his own while outnumbered, this has a NEGATIVE effect on the Crowd Gauge.

Raises has dropped his Hook Staff in the middle space, where anyone can pick it up if they choose.

SPOILERS:Progress is being made, but maybe not fast enough...
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 pm

In Debt stand over his fallen friend
It's tough to fail them once again
Now three of his friends have made there last fight
Yet he only heals, it isn't quite right
A goblin is dead, and under his watch
He is getting his doubts now after that botch
And what can he do but heal this turn?
The pile of dead shows what is to learn

In debt turns on his defensive mode
If he dies he cant save the rest from death's road
He moves behind his armored friend
Wand taping there shoulder's if there at deaths end
And healing himself, but not for his sake
If he dies, there hp are at stake

SPOILERS:I think he is aiming for me this round... If i die, you can get ether the boots or the wand, so ill try not to die

Summery:
Avoid being attacked
Healing any goblin taking a hit, including myself. Or heal self.
Last edited by kelten on Mon May 23, 2011 3:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Fri May 20, 2011 1:04 am

SPOILERS:whoops.. sorry guys. No idea how the mechanics of this actually work.

Bites

"So, that's how its gonna be, huh?" Bites will attack him some boss battle, screaming something seriously annoying, like "Boss battle, BOSS BATTLE!" All the while, humming his own boss battle theme music.
"Dum, de dum de dum, dum dum, dum de dum de dum, dum dum. dum de dum de dum, dum dum, dum da de dum, dum dum...."
"Wait for it, here comes the crecendo.."
"DA DA DA DA, DUM DUM DE DUM DUM DUM. DA DA DE DUM DUM DUM DUM, DA DA DE DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DE DA DA DA'!

SPOILERS:LSN, this is the second last update I'll be able to make before I depart for Italy *SQUEE!*
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Fri May 20, 2011 7:21 am

Buona Fortuna!
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Fri May 20, 2011 9:04 am

vid20 wrote:
SPOILERS:LSN, this is the second last update I'll be able to make before I depart for Italy *SQUEE!*

More likely the last then? Gonna be a skip day today and tomorrow. I have a big penultimate D&D session to prep for, then run. Points can resume control of Bites if he's up to it.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby pointsthingsout on Fri May 20, 2011 10:52 am

LoneStarNorth wrote:
vid20 wrote:

More likely the last then? Gonna be a skip day today and tomorrow. I have a big penultimate D&D session to prep for, then run. Points can resume control of Bites if he's up to it.

SPOILERS:Pardon my French but:
HELL TO THE YES I'M UP TO IT!
I got out of the hospital 4 days early due to an early recovery! Thanks to everyone who told me to get well soon on this forum!
pointsthingsout
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Fri May 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Betrays A Friend

Betrays attacks Amadeuz again, trying to be the target of his attacks, so that he wonät be able to attack In Dept, if he in anyway can do that.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby ArdentSilver on Fri May 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Might I suggest that Bites pass off his armor/mask to Betrays (who I think is missing armor/mask), grab the hook scythe, and move left or right to contiue attacking Amadeusz next turn? Armored but unarmed goblins are poor targets, remember, so the folks with weapons need all the DEF they can get; using the hook scythe will keep you mostly safe to boot, since you won't be in the square at all.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Fri May 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Yeah, Betrays has the parrying dagger now and the belt. No armor or mask. Of course being able to attack away from the Amadeus from the other square could definitly be a good idea, for one of us. That way they are safe as long, as the guy does not wish to charge into that direction.

Also In dept as a healer might need a bit more defensive gear too... It would definitly be bad, if he would fall!
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby AdjectiveNoun on Fri May 20, 2011 2:07 pm

EatsAnAdventurer

Eats feels oddly calm. She ought to be there in the thick of it getting hurt with all her friends. She is probably going to die here, but she finds she doesn't actually give much of a damn. Funny, that. She shoots Amadeusz again.
Arena Slaves
EatsAnAdventurer
HP 1/5
ATK 1
DEF 1
APP 7
AdjectiveNoun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ArdentSilver on Sun May 22, 2011 7:54 am

Raises Eyebrows

Eyebrows continues his backstabbing. A thought occurs. "What's with your mask, anyway? Are your horribly scarred or just plain ugly, or what?"

Eyebrows tries to cut or pull off Amadeusz' mask as he continues to attack with his dagger.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RandomMerc on Sun May 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Get away drops to the ground to try and dodge an attack, and shoves his trident into the human's genitals, trying to get the violin out of his hands.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Mon May 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Betrays, Get Away, Raises, and Bites attack Amadeusz with all their strength, still dealing good damage, but not enough to take the guy out, apparently. Amadeusz responds by... moving left? What is he up to?

Since nobody was attacked, In Debt heals himself to full.

Eats calmly shoots Amadeusz with her wand. She is beyond caring about the outcome of this battle.

SPOILERS:Change of tactics!
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Mon May 23, 2011 4:07 pm

SPOILERS:Hmmm... I'm guessing all charge at the space he's in, then heal Eats, who's about to get the shit kicked outta her?

Just a thought.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Raises Eyebrows

"Oh, no you don't, boggart!"

Quick as lightning, Eyebrows looks down at his dagger, the Hook Scythe, and Bites.

"Swap you the scythe for your mask, bro?"

And then, whether he gets the mask or not, Raises Eyebrows will charge Amadeusz for glorious justice.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kelten on Thu May 26, 2011 12:54 am

Ahha! The spirits of the future gave me a chance to correct my mistakes! Everyone stay in this square! Its a trap! And If we rush, I will die!
In debt heals the others, clearly in debt to the time loop

(The forum spirits are messing with you lonestar)
Stabsafoot
Equipment:
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Thu May 26, 2011 10:27 am

Betrays, Raises, and Bites all attack Amadeusz in a desperate bid to keep him from killing Eats. Eats herself shoots him with her Wand. But killing Eats was seemingly never his intention.

In Debt charges into the middle hoping to heal someone who gets attacked, and that someone is him.

But Amadeusz has TWO attacks.

In Debt has been slain. He can send his Wand Of Cure Light Wounds, his Boots Of Speed, or his Guard Armour to another living Goblin.

Despite this tragedy, Amadeusz is finally starting to look worn down...

SPOILERS:Sorry a second time, kelten :wink:
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Thu May 26, 2011 10:45 am

I'll reiterate that I don't see the use in transferring the Wand of Cure Light Wounds; I don't think we have the luxury to have one of us stop attacking. Eats could use the guard armor, and, if the boots allow one to attack twice, Betrays or GetAway would greatly benefit from that (I forget how, exactly, the boots work).

And can we just establish that, if a player fails to post, that they will attack, from now on? :grumble:
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Thu May 26, 2011 10:49 am

Yeah... unfortunatly Get Away (randommerc) has not been attacking nearly all the times we would have needed him to... like not charging in to the middle square either when I and keeper already did.... =/ I thought that it might be a bad thing to go after him ,but we could not know what he was up to....

I am not sure what would be the best thing... though healing wand won't be that useful because there is no boots of speed anymore either... So more of us will die and that is a fact, as I think I am only in one hitpoint as well... So... I don't know if we are able to survive through this...

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Thu May 26, 2011 11:48 am

BOooo

well, i did guess he would wait for us to stay and attack, but i didn't think he had that high a damage to kill me with the first blow after i was fully healed.
Thank's for letting me play lonestar. Can you add me to the crowd?

So do the rest of you want the wand or the boot's? From now on two goblin will die per round. Things are going to go bad fast.
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Thu May 26, 2011 11:55 am

Yep.... We would pretty much have to be able to kill him at least in 2 turns or we wonät be able to do it at all... So I don't know what would be the best thing to do... I would assume as we have only so little time, that the boots of Speed would be the more usefull now. If you send them to me, I can at least attack him twice.... though I still don't know if it will be enogh, and I will probaply die next turn, so it still might be best to send them to someone else.... Because then I would have too many items to send away, and we would only loose more equipment...

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Thu May 26, 2011 12:00 pm

Kide wrote:Yep.... We would pretty much have to be able to kill him at least in 2 turns or we wonät be able to do it at all... So I don't know what would be the best thing to do... I would assume as we have only so little time, that the boots of Speed would be the more usefull now. If you send them to me, I can at least attack him twice.... though I still don't know if it will be enogh, and I will probaply die next turn, so it still might be best to send them to someone else.... Because then I would have too many items to send away, and we would only loose more equipment...

Who has higher attack - you or RandomMerc?
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Thu May 26, 2011 12:06 pm

I think we have pretty much the same.... Hmmh... I have the sword, so it gives +3 attack, randommerc has the trident which gives +2 attack. But randommerc has the gauntlet, and I think it gave some attack bonus too right? was it 2? I also have the dagger, which I think gives one attack... So I should have attack of 4, and possibly randommerc has an attack of 4 as well? Is this correct?

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Thu May 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Boots go to kide, because he is more active

Hope you made the right choice
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games