The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Postby Kide on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:21 pm

I think there already is one criminal that has not been disabeled? You could maybe finihs that one of, at least I only read that Get away would have finished one, but then there should be one more left?
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby notimportant on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Not Important
"Sorry to bother you, then." Not Important watches the human go down (probably?) under the combined might of the Fourem clan, and turns around to stab the other one in the back. Anticipating the end of the battle, he then uses the last bit of battle confusion to try and hide the dagger he found in his mouth without anyone spotting it. The arena guards will probably remember to take back the equipment they gave to the goblins, but maybe they might overlook a dagger stolen during the fight?

Summary: Attack the left criminal. Use equipment action to try and hide the dagger on my person goblin.

I'm assuming we don't have clothes to hide stuff in. Eats, that criminal probably attacked you because you're the only one it can hurt out of the group hitting him. If you hit something else, the armor squad can finish him without taking damage.

Edit: Darn, I thought we had 5 attack going on the left one last round. Maybe they had extra hit points after all.
Edit 2: Switched targets because of overkill on the right one. This will lose me 1hp, I guess. LSN: Is it ok to edit posts for this, or would you rather we made new posts with our additional/changed action? I suppose the order of actions could matter; if so, I took this after the others.
Last edited by notimportant on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:21 pm

I am going to backflip on the right criminal's head and cave his face in with my trident, pressing as hard as possible
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby brontan on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:08 pm

Trips on rocks
"Fine, but we are goblins and know some interesting ways to kill someone." Trips tells the thug as he slowly drives the dagger into his gut and begins twisting it.

i.e. I stab him...
Trips on Rocks Survived till round 73
Hp 0/5
attack:0 (Dead)
defence:0 (Dead)
app: 0 (Dead)
brontan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ratha on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Keeper takes a breath, switches to the second crook, and takes a stab. Let's bring the criminal down.

"Diediediediediediediediedie!!!!!" he yells.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AdjectiveNoun on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:35 am

EatsAnAdventurer

"Aauuuugh! 'E got me! Ohh, I feel funny, I think I'm going to pass out!" EatsAnAdventurer falls back reeling, convinced that she's mortally wounded. However, fallling over doesn't occur quite as fast as she expects, and whilst her injuries do really really sting, it's not actually as bad as she thought. By a fairly narrow margin. Feeling rather battered, she declines to pitch back into the fray, but sneaks round the back and goes for the criminal who was downed a couple of rounds ago. She takes her hands and much-abused teeth to his throat, and performs a coup-de-grace on the disabled criminal on the floor.
Arena Slaves
EatsAnAdventurer
HP 1/5
ATK 1
DEF 1
APP 7
AdjectiveNoun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LoneStarNorth on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Such is the viciousness of the Goblins' final assault, and such is the confusion of the Criminals, that Clan Fourem is able to defeat both their remaining adversaries without taking further damage. They stand victorious, and the Crowd seems to approve.

"And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen! These mere goblins have overcome six desperate men with scarecely any losses of their own! They've earned their rest for today, but tomorrow will bring another battle, and I'm sure it will bring all of you back again to see it!"

Raises and Eats both take the opportunity to finish off another Criminal each. Only one remains still alive.

Not Important cleverly attempts to hide his new dagger. It might come in handy later...

The Arena Guards have appeared to take you back to your cell. You have one more turn to take any actions you like in the Arena, but since the match is over, the Crowd has stopped paying attention. Nothing you do now will alter your App or the Crowd Gauge.

APPEAL AFTER ROUND ONE:
Victory +1 (everyone)
Failure -1 (Lives By The Sword and Aims At Genitals)
Positive Reaction +1 (everyone)
(T) Courage +1 (Lives By The Sword)
(T) Savagery +1 (Get Away and Raises Eyebrows)

SPOILERS:I should mention that I made a mistake in the damage in an earlier post. As such, Betrays is still at full hp and Eats is at 2.

Hey wait a minute, what's that (T) mean? It stands for Trait; something your Goblin has become known for. Playing to a positive Trait gets an even more positive reaction, but someone who becomes known for negative Traits had best see to shaking them off ASAP. But wait, you say, how do I know what constitutes Courage? Or Savagery? You'll just have to figure it out :D
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Eh... I'll just coup de grace the last criminal, and try to break off about three quarters of the handle (on my trident) and hide it (the blade and rest of handle) somewhere.

EDIT: If one of the guards wants it, I will give it, don't want to die by guard :evilgrin:
Last edited by RandomMerc on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Not Important
Not Important tries to look inconspicious (something he's really good at), keeping quiet and attempting to not get the inside of his mouth chopped up. He walks over to Aims and helps him on his feet, supporting him on the walk out of the arena. He follows the guards' orders when they make any, except "hand over all weapons". If the guards tell him to open his mouth or something similar, he will however grudgingly hand over the dagger. Let's stay out of unnecessary trouble, he thinks.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Keeper drops his dagger and attempts to give first aid to either Lives or Aims. He'll rip the clothes off of a corpse if he needs something to bind wounds with.

HP: 4/5
Def: 2 (leather armour)
Att: 2 (dagger)
App: -3 (If I read it correctly).
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Betrays A Friend

Betrays feels releived that the fight was over with, now they would somehow need to try and figure out how to escape this place.... Betrays does not believe he could try and hide the mask in his persona, so he will do what the guards will order them to do. And looks down on Lives and Aims a little worried look on his face.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cragspyder on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:17 pm

Lives by the Sword

Though rather occupied by his current favourite pastime of coughing blood into the dirt, Lives by the Sword is elated to realize that the Clan Fourem goblins have emerged victorious!
Cragspyder
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby notimportant on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:13 pm

The 'Bravery' trait is easy enough to guess, it's for advancing past the middle, into enemy territory. "Savagery" could be for performing two CdGs. Wish I had made another, now. :)

Edit: Come to think of it, being famous for savagery wouldn't be very in character. I need to work on that.
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Your Traits don't have to be true to your character, they're just what the Crowd knows about you from your fighting. You can play up a Trait that doesn't match you at all just to make the Crowd like you more.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Raises Eyebrows

"MY NAME IS EYEBROWS!" Roars Raises Eyebrows to the approaching guards. He windmills his arms about in an attempt to appear ferocious, despite his stature. He settles down as the guards get nearer -- he knows how useless it would be to try and fight.

Instead, he goes over and helps Lives by the Sword stand up and walk back to their cell.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AdjectiveNoun on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:55 am

EatsAnAdventurer

Spitting little bits of skin, Eats discovers that she actually feels even better than she thought she did, though the adrenaline rush from victory is probably helping with that.
"Wahey!" she yells, dancing and waving her arms in the air, "Go go goblins, we killed them dead! Woot, rrraaah, wahey!"
When she spots the guards approaching, she stops freaking out and looks for something useful to do, but everyone seems to have most things covered. Seeing Eyebrows helping Lives up, she thinks this is an excellent idea, and goes to do the same for Aims.
"Hey, hey Aims, hey, are you awake? Oouuch, that looks nasty. Can you move your toes? D'you think you could get up if I helped? I wonder when they're feeding us.. I hope it's soon, my mouth tastes of human! Ick! I wonder what we'll be fighting tomorrow. I hope it tastes better, or I get something else sharp and pointy to use instead of my teeth!"
Arena Slaves
EatsAnAdventurer
HP 1/5
ATK 1
DEF 1
APP 7
AdjectiveNoun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby brontan on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Trips in rocks
Looking from his dagger to the guards Trips realizes that they are going to take his dagger away. With a groan he tries to hide the dagger on his body...
(maybe in his ear, depending on the size)
Trips on Rocks Survived till round 73
Hp 0/5
attack:0 (Dead)
defence:0 (Dead)
app: 0 (Dead)
brontan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:54 pm

SPOILERS:Some prisoners you all are. Look, guards. Resistance must be futile. Wimps.

Don't you realize the many ways you can make and hide weapons? Take any piece of clothing from one of the dead men and later on you have a garrote. But aside from 1 goblin tring to hide a dagger in his mouth, you are not even trying.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:58 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:
SPOILERS:Some prisoners you all are. Look, guards. Resistance must be futile. Wimps.

Don't you realize the many ways you can make and hide weapons? Take any piece of clothing from one of the dead men and later on you have a garrote. But aside from 1 goblin tring to hide a dagger in his mouth, you are not even trying.

"Muh meh murr, mr mrf mo mrmeuh mht mrr muf mrmenf..."*

*To be fair, we have no idea what we're up against, or how diligent the guards will be in taking away our equipment. I'm taking a risk (the guards might rough me up) that might not even be necessary (perhaps we can get out without needing to kill any guards). After this night, we will know more about how the guards act and what the escape possibilities are.
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Get Away kills the last Criminal, but fails to break or hide his Trident. The Guards push you all through the gates forcefully, except those who can't walk, whom they carry. After you are out of sight of the Crowd they do a thorough search for any equipment you have, and put it all in a chest until your next match. They get really mad when they catch Trips trying to stash a Dagger behind his ear.

"Don't even THINK it, goblin. We'll hold on to all the stuff we gave you in the first place, and maybe throw some more stuff in there for you later, but we're keeping anything belonging to another combatant to keep our profits up. And if we EVER catch one of you trying to hide something again, we'll beat you within an inch of your life."

Not Important is very, VERY grateful that they didn't notice HIS hidden Dagger.

They blindfold you and lead you down several flights of stairs to your cells, and lock you up in two separate rooms seemingly at random. The Arena stays open for several hours, and there is much hustle and bustle, but eventually night falls and things quiet down. Another Guard shows up just before everyone goes home to sleep to give you a rundown of the rules.

"Word is you goblins fought well today, and impressed the crowd a bit. That's good, because it's the only way you're gonna survive around here. So rest up and do it again tomorrow. You may be slaves, but there ARE certain rewards given out to popular gladiators. Who knows, you might even come to like it here.

And this SHOULD go without saying, but there are to be NO escape attempts by ANY of you. Anyone caught outside their cells will be REWARDED by not having to fight the next day, but only because they're going to spend that whole day and night in a cage with the crap beat out of 'em. So let's all behave, shall we?"

With that, the Guard leaves. You are now free to disobey his orders to yours hearts' content. But you'd better hurry; the night is long, but there'll be new guards and cleaning staff showing up to get ready for tomorrow's games sooner than you might think.

Also, due to your crowd-pleasing performance, you have been gifted with two extra servings of runny mush above the bare minimum needed to keep you alive. Anyone who eats one of these servings instantly gains 1 Hp, even if they were Disabled. But it's going to go bad in about five minutes so you have to eat it now. First come first served.

Turns left until next Battle: 5

SPOILERS:Okay guys, let's see what you can come up with.

What exactly constitutes and action in these circumstances? Just about anything. Inspect an object or item, try to move, life, take, break, or manipulate something, whatever. Go nuts. If I decide your action takes too long I'll just cut it off and you'll have to finish it next turn. Remember that everyone recovers 1 Hp before tomorrow's fight, and that if you do nothing but rest you regain another 1 Hp. Disabled people can't do anything here (unless they eat the extra mush, which they CAN call dibs on despite being Disabled). And no, extra Hp-recovering mush is not a pity reward, it's a real thing. After another battle or two you might figure out the mechanics behind it.

Also, Not Important has smuggled a Dagger into the prison, which was pretty clever and potentially useful. Unless he wants to get in a whole lot of trouble come morning, he needs to hide it somewhere before the next Battle, and can no longer use that item in combat, unless he smuggles it back IN, in which case he's STILL in a lot of trouble. Just a heads up.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Betrays A Friend

I could check out if our bedcloths are sturdy enogh to hold as if we need to somepoint climb somewhere, and if the thing above our beds on the right is a window or not.

Betrays looks warily at their new home, it wasn't anything like he had used to.... just a plain cold cell. He then looked through the bedclothes they had and tried to see if they were sturdy enough to hold a goblin if they would be made in to a rope later on. He then noticed a possible window above their beds on the right and climbed to the upper right bed and looked if that could be a way outside of this horrible place.
Last edited by Kide on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Get away

"Alright, I am trapped virtually alone, with my only companions goblins who DON'T UNDERSTAND ME, a bar preventing me from grapping that sickle and cutting the guard to bits to relieve my agony and the only weapon here a dagger and my imagination." Getawayiwanttobealone crys in his corner, then stands up, "but my imagination is great" he resolves as he leaps at the cell with a flying tackle. Or just tries to open it. Depends if it is unlocked.

SPOILERS:SUMMARY: I will examine the bars (Grey lines, right) and see if I can break them
This is a signature.

RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 pm

I can save you at least one action there:

It may LOOK like an exit in the top right of both cells, but that's just because the bedpost is right up against the wall. The only way in and out of these cells are the doors, but the bars are too close together for a Goblin to squeeze through.

Also, talking is a free action, even for the Disabled.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Ok, thank LoneStarNorth, for clearing that up.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Betrays a Friend

Betrays looks warily at their new home, it wasn't anything like he had used to.... just a plain cold cell. He then looked through the bedclothes they had and tried to see if they were sturdy enough to hold a goblin if they would be made in to a rope later on. He then climbs up on the rightmost bed, and sees if the walls are completly unbreakable, or if they can be broked down with some weapon or something.. "You at least have to check right?", Betrays thinks in his mind.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games