The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Postby Kide on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Betrays A Friend

Ok, we need to take the 2 wounded guyes down this turn, otherwise it's going to get even worse.

Betrays attacks the same criminal he attacked last turn, and hope enogh of the other goblins will join him, so that they could bring this one down. He goes low and tries to trip the thug quickly, so that he might fell and be a easier target.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby Ratha on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Keeper accepts his new dagger. This is more like it! Now the humans had better watch out. They'd better attack him, or be downed quickly.

He screams at the crooks. "I am the Keeper of Doors. All shall feel their fate at my hands!" It's more for the audience than anything else, but hopefully the crooks will turn their attention towards him now.

Because he's got armour, so he's the one that needs to take the hits.

He switches his attack to the first crook to hit lives. That looks like the more wounded one. He tries stabbing at the arms, hoping to disable his ability to attack anyone else.

Keeper of doors:
HP: 4/5
Attack: 2 (dagger)
Defense: 2 (leather armour)
Appeal: -5

Keeper is distinctly aware of the lack of any doors nearby.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:27 pm

I think only one more goblin needs to attack the same criminal I am (Betrays) attacking against if I am right. Last turn we made 4 points of damage to the criminal (where they of course resisted one damage at least/ Betrays, Lives and Trips attacked against him last run, where all Betrays and Lives had one attack and Trips had 2 attack). One goblin will not be able to damage them.

But when we bought down the thiefs last time, we attacked one of the criminals with Aims, Raises, Betrays, and Trips, where all the others had one attack each and trips had 2 attack with his dagger. So am I correct that we only need one more goblin to attack the same thug that me/Betrays is now attackin against?

I think one or a maxium of 2 goblins should attack the same target that I am, but as I am not the best with mathematics someone else could check it as well, if I made the right calculations. Nevertheless we need to brign 2 of the wounded ones down this turn, so that the would be no more than 2 able to attack as after this turn. Or tha's my opinion of the situation.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:02 pm

It looks to me as the criminals have a 2 defense, since Keeper and Eats "were just able to hurt a criminal thanks to the dagger" (combined 3 atk instead of 2). We also know that a combined atk of 5 disabled a criminal in one hit (the second knife wielder), which would put their HP at max 3, assuming we didn't get some bonus on that attack. If this is accurate:
- The leftmost criminal has 1 HP left, needing an attack of 3 to disable.
- The rightmost criminal has 2 hp, needing 4 atk to disable.
- The middle two are unhurt. (need 5 atk to disable)

We currently have 2 atk on the left criminal (Raises, Betrays), and 2 atk on one of the middle ones (Keeper). It would be efficient if another unarmed goblin (I guess this means Eats) hit the left one, and perhaps Get Away could assist Keeper for 5 on that guy? That leaves me and Trips to down the rightmost one.

EDIT: Sorry, I remembered that I hate it when someone plans the whole turn and the others don't get a say. It's much more fun if everyone controls just their own character. Do your best, and long live clan Fourem! :)
Last edited by notimportant on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:06 pm

^That might very well be correct, so some unarmored goblin please attack the same goblin Betrays and Raises are already attacking against.

Then one more criminal needs to be disabeled, the one that is already hurt a little bit or the one that Keeper is already attacking against, so that we could get 2 of them down this turn.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Actually, we had a combined attack of six on each of those, meaning they could potentially have 4 hp each.

On the first we had: Keeper, Eats, Not Important, and Get away (4 goblins + 2 trident = 6 attack).

On the other we had: Disabled. Aims, Raises, Betrays, and Trips (5 goblins + 1 dagger = 6 attack).
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Ratha wrote:On the other we had: Disabled. Aims, Raises, Betrays, and Trips (5 goblins + 1 dagger = 6 attack).

Ah, how could I forget old Disabled-and-Cranky, the clan elder and storyteller...wait, wasn't he hiding in the cave and avoided the capturers? :wink:
(Sorry, I don't mean to make fun of an honest mistake, but it was pretty funny.)

We have 7 goblins, 3 knives and a trident, 12 attack in all. We could take out three criminals, if the round is executed perfectly. (Though perfection is boring.)
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:39 pm

*slaps head* Oops. It occurs to me that I may have read that incorrectly. :oops:

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby brontan on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:35 pm

Alright this is getting even worse. Who do you want me to attack middle left or middle right?
Trips on Rocks Survived till round 73
Hp 0/5
attack:0 (Dead)
defence:0 (Dead)
app: 0 (Dead)
brontan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RandomMerc on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Get Away

I guess I will attempt to slide between a criminal's legs, hitting right in between them with my trident and, plucking it out, continuing to slide through.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:08 am

Not Important
Not Important runs around the pack of humans and goblins, surveying the battle. The humans looked like they were no match for a group charge, even though they were strong individually. He spots the human in the back of the pack that's already slightly injured. He quickly approaches from behind, and attempts to jump onto its back, pulling its headband over its eyes again. It worked well last time, after all. And this time, he uses a dagger to aid his scratching and biting. "I hope one of my friends takes a knife to this one while I'm holding it occupied...that would probably finish it.", he thinks.

Summary: Attack the criminal on the right, the one damaged last round.

Trips, I think you can finish this one with an attack.
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby AdjectiveNoun on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:28 am

EatsAnAdventurer

"Yaaooooww!" EatsAnAdventurer falls back briefly as she gets hit and shakes her head to clear it. "Ooooh, now you're asking for it, you big bag of boneless bothers!"
She takes an instant to look around, trying to work out which goblins are fighting what. It looks like Keeper's abandoned their mutual target of last turn, but Imp's joined her. She's not entirely clear which one Get Away's going for, but then she's never been quite clear on what he's up to at any given moment. Then tactical consideration goes out the window, and she flings herself back at the thug who hit her last turn, howling.

"I'll pull your eyes out and shove 'em up your nose! I'll kick you so hard you'll be eating your own teeth for weeks! I'll bite your ears off and spit them at the next idiot who tries to hit me! Yaaaaahhhhhaahaha!"

EatsAnAdventurer attacks the criminal she attacked last round (right-most, I believe).
Arena Slaves
EatsAnAdventurer
HP 1/5
ATK 1
DEF 1
APP 7
AdjectiveNoun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby brontan on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:18 am

alright will do.
Trips on Rocks
weaving trough the mass of bodies, Trips dives into the last thug trying to slice his throat open, while shouting "This is for Lives you big gutless sack of bones"
Hp 0/5
brontan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:08 pm

I'm going to be updating a bit late tonight due to holiday cleaning.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:12 pm

The Goblins continue to focus on the two wounded Criminals, and by the power of their combined attacks (now that their other three companions have joined in) Disable them both! Those of you who have secured protective items all focus on the same target, and neither he nor his back-stabbing friend are able to get through your defenses. The rest of you are a little less successful, as Eats (gnawing on the Criminal's head) and Get Away (castrating him) sustain minor wounds and take 1 damage each.

The Crowd is back on your side, and the two remaining Criminals are beginning to panic.

SPOILERS:That's a lot better, good job. Swinging the Crowd Guage in your favour rapidly can cause opponents to make mistakes, such as those two uninjured Criminals neglecting to use teamwork.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Betrays A Friend

Ok, then there is 2 left, do some of the ones who do not have that great of a attack power and not that great of the defence either (ecpesially if you already hurt) want to coup de grace the 2 criminals? It could probaply brings some more favor from the crowd, and me might not need all of us to finnihs these 2 of? Or do we? Nevertheless I will attack the one that is closer to me at least for now... I wonder would crowd me more pleased if I would finnish one of the criminals with coup de grace, when I do have the mask on?

Betrays feels unstopable after they are able to finish the human criminal off, and he then faces the next one who is closest to him. He throws himself upon the criminal with all his might, and tries to twist his arms so that he would be unable to fight or harm anyone else than himself. Trying to dislocate one if possible.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:06 pm

I twist around and decapitate the same criminal that I attacked before, and laugh manically as his blood runs across the cold, sweet earth :evilgrin:
Last edited by RandomMerc on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Not Important
Not Important leaps from the falling human straight onto the next one, using the momentum to drive the dagger into whatever part of the human he can reach. Then, speaking low in Common so the human can hear it, he says "We don't normally leave our opponents alive... *gestures towards the two humans being Coup de Graced* ...but if you tell us something right now that would help us escape this town, we might choose to not slit your throat after we knock you out." He hopes his clanmates will allow the human enough time to speak, if he tries to.

Summary: Attack the rightmost non-disabled criminal, and try some parlay action. Or was that an intimidate check?
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby brontan on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Trips on Rocks
Using the disabled thug as a springboard, Trips leaps onto the thug next to him, helping Not with the "parley"

leap onto right most non-disabled thug and help with "parley", If that doesnt work stab him in the eyes.
Hp 0/5
brontan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ArdentSilver on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Raises Eyebrows

Raises Eyebrows lifts his bloodstained teeth from the arm of the disabled criminal. He tosses the wounded arm away haughtily: this criminal isn't even worth the time to finish gracefully. Shield and teeth red, the goblin continues his relentless push east, once more hurtling ahead into the throng of flailing bodies, attempting to strike down one of the scum still standing.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ratha on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:23 am

Keeper looks up from the most recently felled criminal. Not important appears to be trying to interogate one of their two remaining foes as inconspicously as possible. Keeper decides to attack the other one, stabbing whatever part of the crook presents itself.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AdjectiveNoun on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:42 am

EatsAnAdventurer

"Hey, hey, Get Away, you're killing my human! Grrr, I wanted to do that! ... ooowww... I hurt now..." She finds her enthusiasm beginning to peter out as pain kicks in, but survival is on the line here, so she jumps back into the fray, and attacks the left-hand criminal, trying to keep her allies between herself and harm.
Arena Slaves
EatsAnAdventurer
HP 1/5
ATK 1
DEF 1
APP 7
AdjectiveNoun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LoneStarNorth on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Betrays, Eats, Keeper, and Raises Eyebrows all gang up on one Criminal again, and are very nearly able to knock him out, but not quite. He retaliates by smacking Eats in the face, which she is getting REALLY sick of, and deals 1 damage.

Not Important and Trips team up to flank and stab the other. While doing so, Not Important tries some diplomacy. AGGRESIVE diplomacy.

"We don't normally leave our opponents alive... but if you tell us something right now that would help us escape this town, we might choose to not slit your throat after we knock you out."
"That's a pretty crap offer. I'm bein' executed anyway!"

The Criminal punchs Not Important for 1 damage.

Get Away gleefully finishes off yet another victim. The Crowd loves it.

SPOILERS:Almost got it, guys. Hurry before someone else gets Disabled!
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Betrays A Friend

Betrays attacks the same criminal again, hitting him in to the head. Thank goodenss this is soon over... Betrays thinks to himself.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:10 pm

*Raises Eyebrows*

Raises Eyebrows, on account of lack of weapons, hangs back momentarily -- as soon as the criminal gets disabled, he intends to finish off the weakened criminal, rather than wait a second turn.

Perhaps the bloodthristy mien will sway the crowd to bo
ot!
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games