The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Arena Slaves (Forum Game)

Postby AdjectiveNoun on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:16 am

EatsAnAdventurer

When she realises that the ankle she's chewing has stopped kicking, Eats bounces up to her feet and looks around.

"Wahey! We got one, we got one, we got 'em good, we got two! My mouth tastes baaad now, but we got 'em! Rawr! Go go goblins! Hey, wait, is that- Lives! What you doing you crazy goblin?? We're coming for you! Arrrrrraaaaahhhh!!"

She rushes forwards, dodging around her companions and narrowly avoiding tripping over a fallen human, and rushes to help Lives, hoping his new friends won't beat him down before help arrives.

EatsAnAdventurer moves (at high speed pitch) into the middle right.
Arena Slaves
EatsAnAdventurer
HP 1/5
ATK 1
DEF 1
APP 7
AdjectiveNoun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LoneStarNorth on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Get Away, Raises, and Not Important finish off the two Disabled Criminals, to the Crowd's approval. Get Away then picks up one of the two fallen Daggers, while Raises bathes his Buckler in blood to turn it permanently red. Snazzy!

Aims, Betrays, Eats, Trips, and Keeper advance to protect Lives By The Sword, but it seems the Criminals were expecting exactly this! They ignore Lives, who cannot seem to hurt them on his own, and instead gang up to Disable Aims! The Crowd goes wild at the first Goblin casualty!

"Har har! I can't believe that actually worked! We got 'em now!"

The other two Criminals also advance to the Middle Right.

SPOILERS:These guys don't have an actual sneak attack mechanic, but they DO fight dirty. To clarify, Disabled means you are at 0 Hp and cannot take actions (except to talk if you want). You may find ways of healing in battle later, but currently, Disabled Goblins have to sit out the rest of the fight AND that night's actions. It's pretty rough.

On the subject of looting: you can take any items that you see on a dead enemy's person while they were living. Some things that look like items may not be, for example the headbands. Item looting/trading/dropping can be done once per turn as a free action, but only ONE item action can be taken per Goblin. If, for example, Get Away gives his new Dagger to Raises, Raises could not also pick up the second Dagger.

And let me just say once more: you CAN revise your actions by editting your post or posting a second time!
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby TanaNari on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Well, we have confirmation. First to post is first to act (and be closest and thus targetted). Even when specifically stating that they're waiting for others to move before they do (and being BEHIND them).
Last edited by TanaNari on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TanaNari
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kide on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Betrays A friend

Ok, so what are we gonna do now? It really would have been good if the ones with at least armor, and maybe with weapons would have already move forward.... these thugs have now some avantage against us...

Ok, I will attack against the first criminal, so that they would hopefully hit me, some others have to attack the same thief as well, so that we can at least damage them.

Betrays looks really worried now, he would have rather stayed behind and waited that the criminals would have advanced to them, but at least is seems that the croud is plesed by all the blood.... He looks angrily on the thugs who have now hurt Lives and aims ecpesially. He charges against the first criminal trying to make him concentrade on himself, and not on any other goblin. He bites, rips, kicks and does anything in his power without any real lethal weapon.

Attacks the first criminal in line.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby notimportant on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Not Important
Not Important grabs the other dagger, thinking it may come in handy... if the guards would let him keep it... but at least it will help the group in this battle. He turns his attention to the rest of the group, and notices they are in peril. He hurries over to them, hoping they will be able to prevent the humans from finishing Aims off.

Summary: Pick up other dagger, move to right middle area.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:59 pm

TanaNari wrote:Well, we have confirmation. First to post is first to act (and be closest and thus targetted). Even when specifically stating that they're waiting for others to move before they do (and being BEHIND them).

It would seem so, but it could still be they just attack a random goblin that inhabit the square. In retrospect, Lives moving forward played right into their hands, since they got two attacks each without retaliation. Had we all stayed in centre, we could probably have done the same to them, if they had approached.

Edit: A possible way to get more attack power for this round: Get Away can move and then use his free "trade equipment" action to give a weapon to an unarmed goblin in the next square, who can then use it in their attack. I could have done the same if I had picked up the dagger last turn, but now I had to use my "equipment" action to loot.
Last edited by notimportant on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Get Away

If I haven't tossed the dagger yet I will give it to someone (whoever calls dibs, but I think the guy with a buckler has it now), and advance to middle right, hiding behind one of my allies so that hopefully next turn I will be able to hit one.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Yep.... It would have certanly be a better tactic tp stay in the center. Even though I would not want to say so, but tacticly it would have been to still stay in the centre even when Lives was in danger.... they still disabeled one of us now.

We shall see will they now attack against me, or will they again attack at random, then we can confirm one or the other theory at least possibly. It could of course be that there is a different rule when changing from one square to another, and another rule to when we are attacking. Just have to make a bad situation as good as possible right now.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Well, we had to do something when our Lives was at stake!
*expects tomatoes from the crowd for the pun*
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Well that is more being in the charachter, though I still would have hoped that there would have not been 3 goblins killing the 2 disabeled thugs, but ohh well. Let's just try and fight back now then. =)

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cragspyder on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Lives by the Sword

Lives by the Sword finds the shame of recent events unbearable.

First, the thugs laughed off his fanciest fighting moves with nary a scratch. On top of this, a fellow clanmate went down in an effort to protect him from his own bravado.

Lives by the Sword moves to assist Betrays a Friend in attacking the nearest thug, attempting to intercept any attacks intended for his clanmates with his body, if possible. He will also try to keep an eye on the downed Aims, and will attempt to interrupt any thug that tries to finish him off.

In the past, Lives was always wary of assisting Betrays a Friend with anything. Who wouldn't be, with a name like that?

Now though, Lives wonders if the naming ceremony was anything more then a meaningless tradition. After all, who has failed his friends more then himself?

Welp, I was much happier with my last actions when I figured the only goblin that would come off poorly was myself. Now I've robbed Tarinari of participating in the fight, and the after-battle actions, whatever they might be.

Sorry doesn't quite cut it, I guess, but sorry. Avatar updated: Now with more fail!

NotImportant: Terrible pun. I love it.
Cragspyder
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ArdentSilver on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Raises Eyebrows

Raises Eyebrows raises his bloody buckler above his head, chanting is battle cry as he runs after the rest of the goblin posse. "Aroaaaaa!"

**Move Right -- the two daggers have already been dealt with, yes?**
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Ahh, I remember when my Last Ditch group was trying to figure out my "aggro rules". I still don't think they've figured it out completely, but it might save you some time (and missing teeth) to ask one of 'em...

About the Daggers: Get Away has one for sure. As of currently posted actions, Not Important picked up the other and Get Away is looking to trade his to whoever calls dibs.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Cragspyder wrote: Avatar updated: Now with more fail!

I suppose you should add one for the three of us doing a two person job (which was probably not even essential, other than for crowd pleasing and measly daggers). I'll accept one third of the blame for that, I could have changed my action, but hoped one of the others would.

On aggro: I'd imagine it depends on the creature. Humans are intelligent, and won't just go for the first thing they see. From the Dungeon game:
SPOILERS:Animals will attack the first person, but won't keep attacking if they are doing no damage...and undead just mindlessly attacks whatever attacks them.
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Keeper takes a look at the goings on. Yeah, this isn't good. This is, in fact, quite bad. Still, nothing to be done for it. He gathers his strength, and attacks the second criminal,hoping that others will take the blows of the other three criminals.

And for effect, he yells. No words. He can't think of any. Just some incoherent screaming.

"AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!"

HP 4/5
Att 1
Def 2 (leather armour)
Appeal -5

Keepr is afraid.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby brontan on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Well this is slowly going downhill...
Trips on Rocks
"Don't worry Aims, we'll protect ya!" Trips hops in front of his fallen ally, yelling incoherently and swinging at the closest enemy.

I really dont know if i should talk in the first or third person...
Trips on Rocks Survived till round 73
Hp 0/5
attack:0 (Dead)
defence:0 (Dead)
app: 0 (Dead)
brontan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TanaNari on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Cragspyder wrote:[i]Lives by the Sword
Now I've robbed Tarinari of participating in the fight, and the after-battle actions, whatever they might be.

Sorry doesn't quite cut it, I guess, but sorry. Avatar updated: Now with more fail!

You also keep mispelling my name, you jerk.

Nah, don't worry too much about it. We confirmed something about the system, at least. But when we switch to the after-battle, you gotta listen to me. Since I can't do anything other than look and talk.
TanaNari
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RandomMerc on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:36 pm

So no one wants the dagger? Because I could just keep it, and see if hiding it will do some good later.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Since no one else seems to be taking it, I guess I could. But that would be two items for me instead of 1. Still, since I'm attacking this round, I really could use it. So if you want, and no one else takes it, toss it to Keeper and he'll use it to slash at thief number two.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:47 pm

Well, Betrays could take the dagger if it is possible in the way, that I am still the first one attacking the first criminal.

So if no one else wants it I am happy to take it, so we could some more damge to the criminal, though it might be a clever plan to also try and smuggle it from the arena.... Your choice RandomMerc.

Betrays a Friend still grabs the dagger before attacking the first criminal if he can do it so, that he still is the first one attacking the criminal, if RandomMerc will give it to me.

Edit: Yep, you can give it to keeper, would not really cahnge the situation, I would have two items just as well as he if I take the dagger.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby AdjectiveNoun on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:21 am

EatsAnAdventurer

"Aaiiims! How dare you you stinky-footed, ill-shaven, tomato-eating cheese-lovers! You smug saps are going down! Face the wrath of Clan Fourem! You'll live to regret this, briefly! You can all eat goblin fists! We're gonna kill you all! We're gonna smash your faces in so hard your eyes come out the back of your heads! We're gonna murder you black and blue!"

Still spouting insults and threats, she launches herself forwards to help Keeper of Doors attack the second criminal in line. When she gets there, she attempts to grapple his arms, kicking and biting in an attempt to reduce his ability to damage herself or Keeper, whilst doing some damage herself.
Arena Slaves
EatsAnAdventurer
HP 1/5
ATK 1
DEF 1
APP 7
AdjectiveNoun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby notimportant on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:36 am

I guess Aims was first to fall, but Raises was first to dye!
*looks out for tomatoes*
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Okay. This is getting distinctly annoying. Keenspot appears to be eating my posts. Either that or I keep confusing the "Save" and "Submit" buttons, and the save button is useless when I want to submit.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Trips, Betrays, and Lives all gang up on one of the two Criminals that hit Aims, and manage to deal some damage, but not enough to bring him down. This leaves the two new Criminals an opening to hit Lives, Disabling him. Keeper and Eats distract one of the others and are only able to hurt him thanks to Keeper's new Dagger. During the exchange, Betrays and Eats take 1 and 2 damage respectively. The Crowd's favour is swinging back towards the Criminals...

Not Important, Get Away, and Raises approach the melee.

SPOILERS:Uh oh, there goes another one. A tactical error early on carries significant consequences down the road.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Raises Eyebrows

"MY! NAME! IS! EYEBROWS! Aroaaaaa!"

*Attack the closest thug, charging at his kneecaps*
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games