Individual IME (Individual Magical Effect) as of Chapter 4

Moderator: Thunt

Individual IME (Individual Magical Effect) as of Chapter 4

Postby skythorn on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Right - which character has what IME ... I have no idea about the green colour revealed today, but I have some prospects in mind. In doing that research I lost hours looking at various pages and recording what seemed to have that similar colour. As a result, I've found a lot of IME's and other little things that seem to be important in the storyline. Perhaps someone has had a better look-around than me and can correct my moderate efforts. Please feel free to make corrections.

note 1 : every time a character caused a scream worth of color or an onomatopoeia, it was coloured through his IME. (Credit : Synapse, but color changed to colour just 'cos I'm Aussie)
note 2 : List of named colours here.

Adventuring Parties

Goblin Adventure Party (GAP)
Thaco - Male Goblin Monk - Orange IME
Big Ears - Male Goblin Paladin - Bright Golden IME
Complains of Names - Male Goblin Barbarian - Purple IME (ref: 01152006)
Chief (Deceased) - Male Goblin Cleric - Blue IME (ref: 07162006)
Fumbles (AKA Senior Vorpal Kickasso) (ref: 09022005) - Multi-Class - Unknown IME (Possibly White? 11232010-2)

<Fogarth / MinMax Adventuring Party>
MinMax the Unstoppable Warrior - Male Human Fighter - Purple IME (ref : 05172010)
Forgath - Male Dwarven Cleric of Herbert - Light Brown IME (Ref : 10232005 & 12142005)
Kin - Female Yuan-Ti Adventurer of the Sunset Fields - unknown class - Olive Green IME (Ref: 04122010)

<Well of Terror Adventuring Party ??>
Dies Horribly - Male Goblin of Clan of Cryptic Falls, Unknown class - Bright Green IME (ref : 04092006 - 08272010)
Grem - Male Goblin-Prince Fighter of Clan Viper - White/Grey IME (ref 02012010/)
Saves a Fox - Female Goblin Fighter Level 6 (Unknown Clan)- Unknown IME (Action text is yellow/white seen here : 01262010)
K'Seliss - Male Lizardfolk Hybrid - Unknown Class, Clan or IME (Action text is Amber seen here 06142010)
Klik - Unknown Race, Gender and Class - IME Grey (ref : 04092006) or Green (ref : 04122010) - (First seen here : 12082005 Caged in wood)

<Unknown Adventuring Party>
Yodette - Female Human Adventurer (05062006) - Class, Clan, Level & IME Unknown
Tuck - Male Elven Archer (05062006) - Class, Clan, Level & IME Unknown
Baka - Male Japanese Samuri (05072006) - Class, Clan, Level & IME Unknown

Other Characters Encountered
Tryst Drow’den (Deceased) - female drow sorceress - Blue IME (ref: 11192005) (note: name not in comic - info from Wiki info)
Seth Bainwraith (Deceased) - male dual sword welding adventurer - unknown IME
Drasst Dont'sue (Deceased) - male mace wielding adventurer - unknown IME
(The 3 drow characters have been written out and replaced by Yodette, Tuck and Baka - of the 'unknown adventuring party')
Brassmoon Talking Wall - No IME
Noe (Deceased) - Male Warden of Dungeon - Light Green IME
Dellyn Goblinslayer (Deceased) - Male Human Ranger - Green/Yellow IME
Saral Caine (Deceased) - Male Human Fighter - White IME
Kore - Male Dwarven Paladin of unknown Clan, Level 14+ (Cursed) - Silver / Light Blue IME (Hachured text for noise effects)
Young and Beautiful (Deceased) - Female Fortune Teller - Goblin Cleric of Maglubiet - Light Green IME (Ref : 11052005 and 12142005)

Clans
Clan Viper Goblin Clan (03032006 + 08262006)
Duv - Chieftess of the Viper Clan (08262006) - Unknown IME
Riss - Fortune Teller / Cleric of (ref : 11022006) - Red IME (Ref: 09092007)

Clan of the Cryptic Falls Goblin Clan (ref : 11052010-2)
Thornback Clan Orc Clan (05132006)
Silkscale Clan of the Sunset Fields Yuan-Ti Clan (05102010)
Chorgrak Clan Hobgoblin Clan (11082006)
Orcs of Greyblood (ref: 04292006)
Bladebeard Clan dwarven Clan (ref: 08122005)

Locations
Well of Darkness - Dungeon (ref: 08282006)
Maze of Many - Dungeon (ref: 05102010)
Brassmoon - Town (ref: 08182006)
Maze of Waterfalls (ref: 05062006)
Swamp of Silence (ref: 05132006)
Sunset Fields (ref: 05102010)
Tarrock (ref: 08172006)
Bloodrain Forest (ref: 03262006)
Crossroads of Eternal Doom (ref: 07102005)
Clan of the Cryptic Falls War camp (ref: 08122005)
Clan of the Cryptic Falls Village 9

Major Objects
Blue Orb of Bloodlight (08282006)
Key of Darkness (Ref: 04192010 / 02012010)
Jade Teapot of Tan-Li (ref: 05102010)
Bone Spear (ref: 08062006)
Shield of Wonder (Destroyed)
Dwarven Anymug - (ref: 04232006)
<unknown name> - (Kore's Reanimation Holy Magicks Pills) - (ref: 03252006)

Edit : 22 Jan 2010
Last edited by skythorn on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
--- My avatar is a spiny devil from central Australia. It's about 6 centimetres in length, cute as a button, and tries hard to be spiky and hard ---
--- to eat: mostly it fails but it's a successful small insect predator non-the-less. My website is a small MMORPG game I have a small part ----
--- ownership interest in which arose from me helping a player lead buyout : - the game can be horribly addictive : you have been warned. -------
------------
Goblins Comic Wiki : holding background information on Goblins Webcomic gleaned from the comic and Thunt chat. ----------------
skythorn
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Individual IME (Individual Magical Effect) as of Chapter

Postby Wolfie21384 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Kin's IME is here Light green Ref:04122010

Vorpal's IME is here White Ref: 03182006

SavesAFox is Orange/White Ref:01262010

K'Seliss is Yellow Ref:06142010
Thuntworld Serial Killers
Rounds 5 & 30 Winner & DeliversDrinks, the Barmaid
Stop in for some ale, cider, or spirits! Guaranteed to have fun alive or dead!

Zombie Bait Finished.
ImageRunsLikeWind Deceased:Turn 62 Fugitives
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Postby Whooh on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:03 pm

I believe Fumbles is White.
www.culdceptcentral.com "Where you can find all things Culdcept!"
XBL: Whooh05
Whooh
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Bloogonis on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Objects should also have Shield of Wonder (destroyed)

What about the three drow trio, the female had a Blue IME I believe. also K'Seliss is most definitely Male, and its said that he is a lizardfolk, just a modified one. I think Grems IME is white because that is the color the Key shone with while he held it, he is also a goblin, not a hobgoblin.
Bloogonis
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ageisia on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Fumbles' IME is white, as we saw when he held Complains' sword and when he yelled out "Senor Vorpal Kick'asso" when attacking Kore.
Ageisia
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TinSoldier on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Grem is a goblin, not a hobgoblin.

K'Seliss is male, and is probably a lizardfolk hybrid.

You have Dellyn and Saral Caine's names misspelled. And Forgath's.

Other than that, some of this info should be put in the Goblins Comic Wiki.
I was expecting something unexpected.
TinSoldier
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby skythorn on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:34 am

@ Wolfie21384 - Thanks - good links there. Appreciated. Updates made.
@ Bloogonis - Shield is worth placing on the objects - The 3 drow characters have been written out and replaced by the 3 humans who are not really part of the story right now. have been
@ Tinsoldier - Thanks on those updates (and multitude of misspellings) - Updated. (... and there's a goblins Wiki?)
@ Wolfie & Ageisia - Do you mean page 11232010-2 - he was not holding a sword, just leaping with bare fists ... I think there is another page when he hed Complain's Sword but I can't find it. There was the Big Ears page, but ... ah found it (thanks Wolfie21384) 03182006 clearly shows the sword being white.

Hmm - no-one spotted that I missed out the Axe of Prissan ... 08112007

Also - I noticed that the text of a character's action sound effects does not necessarrily represent the IME of that character. Some are coloured brown or green just because the contrast works well. Refer Thaco (IME Brown) and Chief (IME Blue) interacting with a [urlhttp://www.goblinscomic.com/04292006/]Green[/url] sound effect. Also Kore's text effects were black earlier and now either White/Lightblue or White. In my view it's just artist's licence and not always reflective of the IME.
--- My avatar is a spiny devil from central Australia. It's about 6 centimetres in length, cute as a button, and tries hard to be spiky and hard ---
--- to eat: mostly it fails but it's a successful small insect predator non-the-less. My website is a small MMORPG game I have a small part ----
--- ownership interest in which arose from me helping a player lead buyout : - the game can be horribly addictive : you have been warned. -------
------------
Goblins Comic Wiki : holding background information on Goblins Webcomic gleaned from the comic and Thunt chat. ----------------
skythorn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby UmmonTL on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:06 am

skythorn wrote:Kin - Yuan-Ti - unknown class - Olive Green IME (Ref: 04122010)

I also don't see the connection between action sound effect and IME, while you might expect Kin to have a green IME there is no magic being used in the referred scene. I think the color is used because its the almost same as her hair, just to create a clear association between sound and actor.
UmmonTL
Junior Keenspotter

Postby skythorn on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:11 am

UmmonTL wrote:

I also don't see the connection between action sound effect and IME, while you might expect Kin to have a green IME there is no magic being used in the referred scene. I think the color is used because its the almost same as her hair, just to create a clear association between sound and actor.

Yep, I agree ... I think when I wake, I will change some references follow that of Saves-A-Fox and K'Seliss - like Unknown IME (Action text is yellow/white seen here : 01262010)
------------
skythorn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Synapse on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:15 am

skythorn wrote:
UmmonTL wrote:

Yep, I agree ... I think when I wake, I will change some references follow that of Saves-A-Fox and K'Seliss - like Unknown IME (Action text is yellow/white seen here : 01262010)

So far, every time a character caused a scream worth of color or an onomatopoeia, it was colored through his IME. See the fight between Dellyn and Minmax for example, or any big yell by the characters who showed their IME.
Synapse
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Acrox on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:33 am

Any chance of this teleporting being done via "opening a portal" (like Nightcrawler - It's nigh instantaneous but is still a "extraplanar walk" complete with opening and closing doors and the characteristic "BAMF" from the open/close and infernal fumes from said plane) so it would explain the green IME?

Also, either they donned some freakish weaponry or Goblinslayer is still alive... sorta (IIRC, GS's plant IME part was green, and probably anything empowered by that weird wood would show green IME. Since it's a plant, it might still be alive unto itself)
Acrox
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Synapse on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:44 am

He wouldn't know about Complains.
Synapse
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Inkwisitor on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:52 am

Inkwisitor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ScratchesBrain on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:30 am

I love this topic. And also, Savesafox's is just orange. I believe the orangewhite was because she was hitting the egg, which was white while it was cracking.

see: http://www.goblinscomic.com/01262010/

editedit: Yodette's is blue. http://www.goblinscomic.com/11192005/
ScratchesBrain
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ComplainsOfRules on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Looking through these archive links in the thread, I just realized that in earlier comics, the goblins' heads are rounded, but after a certain point their heads are almost FLAT from a side view. It's discombobulating seeing so little from a side view of their heads. x_x
A vote for me is a vote for freedom from machine tyranny.
ComplainsOfRules
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Saves A Fox's IME is cream-colored. The orange/white color from the egg-room seems to have been a mistake, since her sound effects took on a cream color when fighting the stapler-remover monsters on the platform here: http://www.goblinscomic.com/07052010/

Additionally, when she used Klik as a weapon, the merging of the two was a cream/gray mix: http://www.goblinscomic.com/08022010/
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Can we make this thread a sticky? It's awesome 8)
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Naranth on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:18 pm

EvilCoatrack wrote:Saves A Fox's IME is cream-colored. The orange/white color from the egg-room seems to have been a mistake, since her sound effects took on a cream color when fighting the stapler-remover monsters on the platform here: http://www.goblinscomic.com/07052010/

Additionally, when she used Klik as a weapon, the merging of the two was a cream/gray mix: http://www.goblinscomic.com/08022010/

I'd guess that it wasn't a mistake, the orange was the Egg itself, and hers was the cream on the bottom
Naranth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:33 pm

TinSoldier wrote:Other than that, some of this info should be put in the Goblins Comic Wiki.

Is that working/ being worked on?

This thread really should get a sticky or bumped when it disappears from first page, and of course, being transferred to the wiki.
Well, i don't know how serious it is, but if there's capacity then
a, i could help editing, too
b, The wiki really needs a proper index to see whats there and how those pages are connected
c, you should ask thunt to put it's link under the "Community" menuitem to get it promoted.

Other:
Do we include the evolution of their IMEs, or at least theories what will they become? (demon tail, clan armor, tower, etc ...)
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby TinSoldier on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:09 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:
TinSoldier wrote:Other than that, some of this info should be put in the Goblins Comic Wiki.

Is that working/ being worked on?
It's updated whenever people think about it. And it's good for me to remind folks that it exists. (I didn't create it though.)
I was expecting something unexpected.
TinSoldier
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Pauxlo on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:48 pm

The "sound effect colour" in this update (about ███) certainly is not olive green (███).
From the colors named in the wikipedia page,
  • Light green ███,
  • Granny smith Apple ███
  • Mint green ███
  • Moss green ███
  • Pale green ███
  • Tea green ███
  • Turquoise green ███
fit most, for my eyes.

(You may want to use this technique I used in this post to show all the named colors. Use a color picker to get the color values in the comic.)

The color values are not unique there, though - even inside one letter the exact value of green varies (maybe due to JPEG compression).
Pauxlo
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ScratchesBrain on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:34 pm

arles wrote:Can we make this thread a sticky? It's awesome 8)

This.
ScratchesBrain
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Synapse on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Individual Individual Magic Effect heh.

Hint: If you want to tell the exact colors of IMEs, use an aiding software. Firefox's addon "Colorpick" is a good one. There's only so many named colors for the millions a hexadecimal code can bring.
Synapse
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby mnementh on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:45 pm

So... do you suppose THunt is actually paying as close attention to the IME colors as WE are? :lol: Somehow I just don't see him writing down the hexcode every time he clicks "fill"...

mnem
"Oooh... look at all teh pretty colors. It's like Walt Disney threw up."
mnementh
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sasuga on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Synapse wrote:Individual Individual Magic Effect heh.

I would like to discuss this more, but first I have to go to the ATM machine and enter my PIN number. :wink:
Sasuga
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Goblins