So have you officially moved CYS to the back burner?

Discuss COUNT YOUR SHEEP, NO ROOM FOR MAGIC, THE WISDOM OF MOO, and other comics by the talented Adrian "Adis!" Ramos.

Moderators: Kisai, Chris Crosby

So have you officially moved CYS to the back burner?

Postby canklepenguin on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:41 am

The comic updates once a week and irregularly to boot, is the end near? One of the things you notice with the web comics that make it is that they're good at delivering their product in some consistent manner. I know Aids is busy, but it really feels like he doesn't care about ol Ship anymore. Even before the updates stopped coming so often it seemed like he was more interested in promoting his other comics, which is fine, but gives the impression he's got too many things going on to do any of them well. *sigh* I'll miss ship and the gang, here's to hoping Aids can learn to focus a bit, whatever project he chooses to focus on.
canklepenguin
Junior Keenspotter

Re: So have you officially moved CYS to the back burner?

Postby Black Drazon on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 pm

I wouldn't get too upset. Wisdom of Moo and My T-Shirt Fairy Tale are updating even less (T-Shirt at one, Moo at two or three). It's pretty much slow all around, I'm sure there's a good reason. There usually is with hiatuses and schedule slumps. Hope it doesn't last long!
Black Drazon
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kaden on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 am

With four comics, once a week each is probably about all he'll be able to do. Not sure what his real life is like, and what delays it could be causing, since I can find something blog like other than twitter.
Kaden
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Undomelin on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:35 pm

canklepenguin, I'm guessing he has real-life responsibilities that are taking priority (I imagine it's hard to pay the bills with webcomic revenue alone). Also, his nom de plume is "Adis!", not... er... what you wrote. >_<

Anyway, I, too, miss having new CYS strips more frequently. :( On the bright side, at least now he's said he's going to update on a regular weekly schedule, so that's something.
Undomelin
Junior Keenspotter

Postby canklepenguin on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:48 am

Undomelin wrote:canklepenguin, I'm guessing he has real-life responsibilities that are taking priority (I imagine it's hard to pay the bills with webcomic revenue alone). Also, his nom de plume is "Adis!", not... er... what you wrote. >_<

Anyway, I, too, miss having new CYS strips more frequently. :( On the bright side, at least now he's said he's going to update on a regular weekly schedule, so that's something.

I understand that real wold stuff can get in the way of a non money making webcomic pretty easily, but I'm actually more disappointed rather than hopeful that he said the comic would be updated on a regular basis and hasn't made good on that claim once since. If you say to the fans 'hey I'll update this when I feel like it' and then the comics come sporadically then that's fine, but saying you're going to do updates every Wednesday and then not once doing it just kinda makes you lose credibility.
canklepenguin
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Undomelin on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:39 am

canklepenguin wrote:
Undomelin wrote:canklepenguin, I'm guessing he has real-life responsibilities that are taking priority (I imagine it's hard to pay the bills with webcomic revenue alone). Also, his nom de plume is "Adis!", not... er... what you wrote. >_<

I understand that real wold stuff can get in the way of a non money making webcomic pretty easily, but I'm actually more disappointed rather than hopeful that he said the comic would be updated on a regular basis and hasn't made good on that claim once since. If you say to the fans 'hey I'll update this when I feel like it' and then the comics come sporadically then that's fine, but saying you're going to do updates every Wednesday and then not once doing it just kinda makes you lose credibility.

True. I'm sure that at that time he made the promise, he did intend to keep to it, but he probably later got overwhelmed with the other stuff. That happens sometimes in life, but when it does happen, it's a good idea to at least give people an update with a revised e.t.a.. Even if the update's news is disappointing, it can still be reassuring: It restores some confidence among readers that the project is still active, and it lets readers know that the author feels just as disappointed as they do that the schedule could not be met. Long periods of silence can make people give up.

*sigh* now I feel guilty and hypocritical, because lately I've been similarly negligent about some matters/projects in my own life. Oh well, I think what I said is true, even if I've insufficiently heeded it myself. =P

Anyway, I'm happy to see a new funny and cute strip up today. Here's hoping there are many more to come in the near future!
Undomelin
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Adis!