Alan, just what is going on over there?

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

Alan, just what is going on over there?

Postby Reuven on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:11 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

I realise I'm way late to the party on this, but.. that's quite frightening. At least the Oracle is nice and quiet about watching everyone.

Um, err.. yeah.
Reuven
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tom Radigan on Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:18 am

Would having a policeman on every corner be your preference?
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Reuven on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:03 pm

Err, no. I would carry a concealed wweapon if crime were a problem and police myself.

OMG! I'd TAKE RESPONSIBLITY FOR MY OWN SAFTEY! OMG OMG OMG! What a little nutter I am, not letting someone else look after me.
Um, err.. yeah.
Reuven
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Alan Foreman on Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:37 am

I think it a pycological thing. Your average chav won't listen to a copper, but will a booming, disembodied voice. You can size up a cop and give them lip. It's hard to be "macho" to a talking street post.
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zander on Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:56 pm

Alan Foreman wrote:I think it a pycological thing. Your average chav won't listen to a copper, but will a booming, disembodied voice. You can size up a cop and give them lip. It's hard to be "macho" to a talking street post.

Much easier to ignore, I'd imagine. Beyond the initial "Where the hell did that come from?" reaction, I mean... it's an inanimate object. Some how I don't think people will take it seriously unless it comes armed with a chainsaw and a flame thrower.
Close the World-txeN eht nepO
Zander
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Alan Foreman on Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:32 am

Yeah but then they send the real police in like they normally would. I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying it works on people that hang around shopping centres out of hours (the terminally thick)
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby LCARS on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:07 am

Must... resist... the potato cannon.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby deathbringer on Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:15 am

Tom Radigan wrote:Would having a policeman on every corner be your preference?

Well it would mine...
deathbringer
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tom Radigan on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:52 pm

deathbringer wrote:
Tom Radigan wrote:Would having a policeman on every corner be your preference?

Well it would mine...

Actually it would be desirable, but it's probably too expensive so the cameras are the next best thing. As long as the people on the other side pay attention to the images and don't slack off, everything will be fine.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby seadog_driftwood on Fri May 04, 2007 7:48 am

Alan Foreman wrote:Yeah but then they send the real police in like they normally would. I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying it works on people that hang around shopping centres out of hours (the terminally thick)

Long as the caperes (coppers - the word actually goes straight back to LATIN, mening "catchers") don't abuse this, which some of them obviously will. If they see, for example, some gypsies or a large bunch of black people hanging out, you think they're gonna let 'em go by quietly? Yeah, my ass they will - but that's because of racism more than anything else.
Still, it will be interesting to see how this affects the crime rate. Plus, it has great comedic value: imagine chatting with the wife through a pole, or trying to come on to a babe through one of these things. And if they got hijacked by some nerds - I'll leave that to your imagination.
One third human*, one third squirrel**, one third ermine***, all confused.
*(sadly)
**("woolly flying squirrel", Eupetaurus cinereus. It lives in the mountains of Kashmir)
***(Mustela erminea, a weasel with a black-tipped tail - looks like a small albino ferret, but with black eyes, for those who've not seen a picture of a weasel)
seadog_driftwood
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Poisoned Minds