Church for Nov. 1

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

Church for Nov. 1

Postby Iceburgh69 on Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:05 am

I rather have to agree that Democracy doesn't really work all that well. It'd help if we had more to choose from than greedy powertrippers with no sense to rub between all of them combined. Irritating as it is, there's little that can really be done at the moment. The people are too lazy or scared to do what needs to be done to fix it. I'd love to go back to a tribal system, or a series of clans working together. But for now, it won't work. What we really need is for people to remember that the people have the power to ultimatly remove from office the ineffective, the stupid, and the greedy. Because the ones who voted in our idiot - I mean president, they're voten in directly by the people they're supposed to be representing.

Just a couple of cents worth.
Iceburgh69
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Tom Radigan on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:41 pm

Even people who despise Bush are probably now glad that Kerry didn't replace him:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061031/pl_nm/usa_politics_kerry_dc

Kerry made a misstatement, but he made things worse by going on the attack and blaming Republicans than admit to his own stupidity. Reportedly all the other Democrats are distancing themselves from him because of this. I'm certainly glad Bush and not Kerry is our President, and it's not because I'm a Bush fan.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:40 pm

I'm honestly starting to believe that Kerry was a plant and was meant to lose the lest election. Think about it. The democrats would have all the Iraq shit to wipe up and by now the Republicans would be harping on how they would be doing it so much better. If it was then as a long term strategy it's brilliant. Let them in for 4 more years, let them fuck up spectacularly and roll in for a stronger 8/12 year term.

Don't believe me? The reason Labour has been in power for so long here is because people still remember how badly the Conservatives fucked the country up! The average person is like "Labour suck, but there's no way in HELL I'm letting those lying fuck-wits back in!"
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tom Radigan on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:03 pm

That's exactly why the Republicans aren't too worried despite everything. Nobody wants to vote for the Democrats. Kerry made things even worse for them when he opened his mouth.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:27 am

Clinton didn't make half the mess Bush has, yet somehow a lot of Americans still think that the Democrats are STILL to blame for everything. I used to wonder why until I remembered that a lot of Americans are REALLY stupid and believe anything you tell them as long as it strokes their ego.
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tom Radigan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:45 am

Alan Foreman wrote:Clinton didn't make half the mess Bush has, yet somehow a lot of Americans still think that the Democrats are STILL to blame for everything. I used to wonder why until I remembered that a lot of Americans are REALLY stupid and believe anything you tell them as long as it strokes their ego.

A nice self-serving fairy tale, but the reality is that Americans are a lot wiser that everyone else gives us credit for, and non-Americans aren't as worldly or smart as they like to pretend, and they certainly don't understand us like they pretend they do. I know this for a fact.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:55 am

Tom Radigan wrote:
Alan Foreman wrote:Clinton didn't make half the mess Bush has, yet somehow a lot of Americans still think that the Democrats are STILL to blame for everything. I used to wonder why until I remembered that a lot of Americans are REALLY stupid and believe anything you tell them as long as it strokes their ego.

A nice self-serving fairy tale, but the reality is that Americans are a lot wiser that everyone else gives us credit for, and non-Americans aren't as worldly or smart as they like to pretend, and they certainly don't understand us like they pretend they do. I know this for a fact.

Well there's the tiny fact that you re-elected a retard a few years ago, so convincing the the rest of the world that Americans are smart will be a hard sell. You know, most countries like a leader that can finish a whole sentence without fucking it up. And if you want to use some facts, the fact %51 of Americans don't believe in evolution, despite all of that "evidence" stuff like dinosaurs and DNA and shit, means that I truly believe that these dribbling fuck-wits will swallow anything FOX News tell them that's cunningly hidden in a question, to avoid being sued for blatant slander. Everywhere has stupid people, it's just that the US is blessed with more knuckle daggers then average.

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tom Radigan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:13 pm

The reason we voted Bush back in was because otherwise we would have had Kerry:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061031/pl_nm/usa_politics_kerry_dc

Bush may not be able to string sentences together, but he never came close to anything like THIS doozy. :grumble: Furthermore, he compounded his mistake by trying to blame the mess on the Republicans, and finally he came to his senses and apologized, but the damage was done. His fellow Democrats are now distancing themselves from him and don't want his assistance in their campaigns.

FOX news? Hell, you've got The Guardian. I rest my case.

I'd say plenty of non-Americans are stupid too. I went to Canada a decade ago, and when I mentioned I was from Chicago, the people I told this to thought the place was full of gang violence. These people weren't children or ditch diggers, but professionals who should have known better. (For the record, gang violence exists only in the worst slum areas, with most victims being fellow gangbangers.) And so many non-Americans have blind faith in global warming and think catastrophe is on the horizon and that's what all the scientists are saying.

Guess what? WRONG! No, plenty of climatologists now dispute this assertion, and the evidence is actually inconclusive. Sorry to burst so many bubbles.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:05 pm

Tom Radigan wrote:
Guess what? WRONG! No, plenty of climatologists now dispute this assertion, and the evidence is actually inconclusive. Sorry to burst so many bubbles.

Yes, all of them funded by big oil companies. What are the chances of that happening ay? And what a surprise that Americans don't believe in global warming seeing they are %80 of the problem. I mean how DARE the rest of the world tell you to get off your fat arse and walk once in a while. It's your God given right to be a lazy, selfish fuck-wit after all.

I can see why you don't want to sign any more treaties. I mean the last free market one meant you couldn't get along making over-priced crap that nobody wants any more. The ability to for Americans to buy "not shit" products like everyone else has hit the economy hard. Oh and that little war thing didn't help. Raising oil prices and happily giving all the money away to Haliburton puts a crimp on things too.

Here's a quid. Go by yourself a house!

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tom Radigan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:35 pm

Oh,yeah, we're responsible for all the world's problems. Or maybe we just make a favorite scapegoat. It's easier than taking responsibility for yourselves. That's why we still have troops in Europe despite the end of the Cold War and have had to join in the forces in the former Yugoslavia. The "global warming" hysteria is just a new excuse for anti-Americanism, not based on any valid science. Like acid rain was back in the 1970's. A problem, but a vastly exaggerated one.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Oh no, the fact everyone hates you is just a bonus. And you can't be a scape goat when you are far and away the biggest polluter on the planet. My dictionary says so.

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tom Radigan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:49 pm

I think you need a better dictionary.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tom Radigan on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:29 am

By the way, years ago it was once said that the US had 70% of the world's lawyers, presuming it was the fact that our society is so litigous. It turns out the reason for this figure is because the US has a different definition of a lawyer than many other countries, and nonlawyers take up legal positions in other countries that lawyers do in the US, so when that is factored in, the US turns out not to be unusually crammed with laywers after all. Which is why I doubt your claim about our being such big polluters.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:37 am

Ah, the good old "la la la, I can't hear you" defence. It's worked SO well for all Americans in the past, why drop it now?

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tom Radigan on Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:42 am

Alan Foreman wrote:Ah, the good old "la la la, I can't hear you" defence. It's worked SO well for all Americans in the past, why drop it now?

No, it's the "you lied to us before, why should we believe you now?" defense. If global warming is so real, how come in the Chicagoland area, our weather is so...normal?
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:25 pm

Well here it's November and I'm sitting in a shirt. Only the last few days have been even remotely cold. In the US, global warming manifests itself in extream whether such as hurricanes. This is due to geography (a subject as an American you're probably aren't too hot on). The effects of a warming earth gives more energy to these storms and causing them to act diffently. In an odd twist, this can actually cool areas due to the change in sea currents.

As is, "normal" weather in Chicago is abnormal, seeing how that area is normally hit with extremes.

I'm sure you have some link to some right wing news source denouncing it all as pinko propaganda. Go ahead, have a ball. Me, I'm bore easily, and seeing how facts and figures bounce off you without you making any sort of concession, you're ether a troll or a "true believer." I will admit flaws and the like (the kyoto treaty is a worthless pile of wank for one), but you NEVER do. Ether way you're a fucking idiot.

This isn't some kind of "it's my ball" type shit. You know I don't like writing, so why waste my time responding to you. Be more interesting or GTFO

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tom Radigan on Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:13 pm

*Something boring Alan couldn't be bothered to read.*
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Rainspattered Goodnight on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:09 pm

My opinion being towards writing, I'd be amiable to continuing this debate, if it could even be called such. It is rather an early yuletide gift; Mr. Foreman is giving Mr. Radigan his ass. To speak specifically, Mr. Foreman is handing it to him.
Really, though, Kerry makes one tasteless joke which was, evidently, merely him misspeaking. President Bush, one might recall, made a slightly larger error when he gave our action in the middle east the title of a Crusade. It's like he was trying to give people evidence that he was attacking moslems. He might have, in case Osama bin Laden missed the hint of "Please reference this statement in your future speeches about U.S. imperialism as it serves as strong evidence for them," mentioned the name of Pope Urban II or "accidentally" referred to one Middle Easter leader as "The Saladin," but short of that, the meaning was pretty clear. I think that's arguably a much more terrible thing than a joke that might make soldiers a little soar.
Now, I'm no fan of Kerry. I find both of America's majour political parties extremely distasteful. It's sad when a friend visiting from Japan, a nation with only one political party (essentially; all the others suck and nobody but a few people who want to kill all whites in Japan/destroy all old Japanese culture vote for them), remarks on how little choice you have when it comes to elections. Anyway, that's not the point of this. The point is, I don't like Kerry at all, but he'd be better than Bush. Although, if Mr. Foreman's correct about the Democratic strategy, I'm cool with that. Because, like this, when a single example of a misstep in action from either is cited, Kerry does something small, politically incorrect, and embarassing. Bush does something damning, racist, or that results in death. Admitedly, he's had more opportunity since he's in the white house and Kerry isn't. So I suppose this point could be argued.
However, the issue of democrats not causing near the mess of this administartion is wholly ture. Clinton did some bad things. I didn't like him all that much, although he was better than Reagan and Bush I. However, he didn't do something, like, say, legalize torture, and in the process of doing so say "Fuck you," to both the Geneva convention (for the umpteenth time, at least, in his administration) and the writ of Habeus Corpus (perhaps the most singularly important document in American Law). Very little of what is going on right now is the Democrat's fault, honestly. Most of this is the legacy of the presidencies directly before clinton. Bush and Reagan, to be specific.
Now, let's go on to Global Warming. Cite me one of those climatologists and something to show his credibility. Because I haven't heard of a single scientist arguing this. Global Warming is a fairly indisputable scientific fact; Sea levels and average temperatures are both steadily rising. The cause, not the phenomenon, is in debate. The solution, as well. Some climatologists believe oil consumption has nothing to do with it and it can be solved without decreasing oil usage (by such things as tiny dust particles fired into the air from massive cannons, and, yes, that is scientifically feasible, or a gigantic screen in space or the atmosphere that would partially block out the sun). Global Warming itself is a fact. Over a given period of time, the world is getting warmer. A minute, infantile level of observational skill can tell you that. It's the cause that's debated by a few oil-employed climatologists who are actually scientifically credible. Nobody with any background of science that I have ever heard of can refute or counter-argue the existance of the fact.

America, I'd like to clarify, doesn't have any more stupid people than the rest of the world. Our IQs are just as high as anywhere else. The problem lies in the idea that IQ represents potential; Americans don't often live up to ours. This is a result of a poor education system, a culture not focussed aroudn intellect, a legal system and culture that does its best to prevent peopel from, ever, ever taking responsibility for their own actions, and a book of laws so thick you don't have to think about what to do, there's a law about it, in any situation. We've litigated ourselves to a sedentary cultural death, following hte Roman path of increased momentum to prevent minour falls leading up to a greater fall when momentum finally cannot carry you any farther.
Essentially, we're not stupid, we're a mix of ignorant and too full of ourselves to look at anything our country does in a negative way; America, Love it or Leave it. It is unpatriotic to try and change things for the better, and anybody who wants to is a no good goddamn pinko commy terrorist and also is a gay-fag-fudge-packer. I left out a racial slur, since I don't know the race of the protester in question, but they're one of those, too. :roll:
Rainspattered Goodnight
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tom Radigan on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:39 am

For a big-time debate on the topic of global warming, check this out:
http://www.asimovs.com/discus/
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:28 am

God I'm bored of this fucking thread.

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Return to Poisoned Minds