V for Vendetta

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

V for Vendetta

Postby Raven_Wolf on Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:07 am

Highly sudgest seeing this movie. it is of Revalutionalry perportions. It would do you well to remeber the fith of november. Almost like this movie was made FOR Norman Gates. :D

And the best quote from it being, "People shouldn't be afraid of their goverments. Goverments should be afraid of their people."
"I am like the wind. I come and go, leaving a memory in one's past." ~~Jean-Paul Allee~~
Raven_Wolf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tom Radigan on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:38 am

Based on today's (3/29/06) Church strip, I suspect Alan might agree with this review of the movie in The New Yorker magazine (scroll down):

http://www.newyorker.com/goingson/movies/
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Thy Brilliance on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:15 pm

The comic was better than the movie anyway.
SwimmingTrunks's Comic: Antagonist | Save Internet Radio
Laura's website: Seraph Child | Help Fight Hate
Thy Brilliance
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Alan Foreman on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:18 pm

The only film I'm considering going to see involves reptiles aboard and aircraft. That'll be good to see mob handed! But what pissed me off about the V thing, is the assumption people know what I would like just by looking at my stupid strips.
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Raven_Wolf on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:18 pm

I said Normal gates would like. I just sudgested it for everyone else. :p but hey, I'm just some stupid damn yank!
"I am like the wind. I come and go, leaving a memory in one's past." ~~Jean-Paul Allee~~
Raven_Wolf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cyberpawz on Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:01 pm

Actually even though I am a "Yank" it takes on a lot of concepts that I thought were very well done...

1. It proves that an idea, although may start small can become something more than what one person ever dreamed of.

2. No person or country is incorruptible.

3. Although the comics was more in depth, and very well done, the movie for as little time as it was given, did a decent job. That being said the traditionalists will still piss and moan about it.

4. Norman Gates would like the movie... if for anything else to give him ideas on how to cause more trouble.

As for me, I liked it... hell I'll buy the DVD when it came out. The fight scenes were well done, and V was portrayed to the most extent true to form.

The only gripe I had was that some characters were flatter than they should be, the movie was semi predictable, but all in all I don't listen to most movie critics every time I do, I find myself spending money on crap.

The best example was the Matrix Trilogy, the trilogy got great reviews, but they sucked to no end. I would of asked for my money back if, and only if I could of gotten the time back as well... think in that case, mental masturbation would of been a better waste of my time...

So be it... but in any case V for Vendetta was worth the money... or at least in my opinion.
Cyberpawz
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby deathbringer on Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:03 pm

But they showed Guy Fawkes being hung!
deathbringer
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tom Radigan on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:13 am

Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tom Radigan on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:52 pm

Alan Foreman wrote:The only film I'm considering going to see involves reptiles aboard and aircraft. That'll be good to see mob handed! But what pissed me off about the V thing, is the assumption people know what I would like just by looking at my stupid strips.

By the way, a girlfriend of mine saw the reptile movie you mentioned. She found it so bad she walked out on it. Not funny bad, just stupid bad. I hope you didn't get suckered into seeing it.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:22 am

I found it was okay. It was sold as a dumb summer film and it was a dumb summer film. It did what it said on the tin, so I didn't feel ripped off.
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Rainspattered Goodnight on Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:08 pm

The sheer number of plotholes alone made it worth seeing; I consider myself an intelligent man, but ye gods, I cannot count that high. Really, if anyone went into that expecting to see a good movie, I figure they deserve to get ripped off.
Rainspattered Goodnight
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Looney left on Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:02 pm

I thought it was alright. a film that will no-doubt be banned in the UK soon as "glorification of terrorism."

Incidentally, a film about a British terrorist who imitates guy fawkes should be called farenhiet 5/11 or something, not V for vendeta.
Freedom, for the supporters of the governement, no matter how numerous they may be, is not freedom at all, freedom is always and exlusivly, freedom for the one who thinks diferently.
Looney left
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Tom Radigan on Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:34 am

The movie was based on the 1980's comic series of the same name by Alan Moore, who for the record hated the way the movie came out. The comic was about near-future Britain after a limited nuclear war and the authoritarian government that replaced it, and V is a vigilante who attempts to overthrow it.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Rainspattered Goodnight on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:37 pm

It's a bitter re-phrasing of "V for Victory," and I found the name quite a propriate. Farenheight 5/11 is an utterly inane name. For several reasons; a) This has absolutely nothing to do with Bradbury'sFarenheight 451 or Michael's Moore's film, other than a passing thematic similarity, and no, not all works with the same theme must have a name that is a pun on another work in that theme's name; b) Celsius is used more often than Farenheight in Britain; c) Whether it is May Eleventh or the Fifth of November is very confusing with the whole slash-date thing; d) That title makes a serious work sound like a joke. That's it. That I can think of now. Any more great title ideas that I should know about before I choose to retain my faith in humanity and live another day?
Rainspattered Goodnight
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Poisoned Minds