Somewhere game guide?

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

Somewhere game guide?

Postby webkilla on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:29 am

http://www.poisonedminds.com/SomewhereGame/

So... I suck at this kind of oldschool text games

I get that you're supposed to find the fork - but for the love of it, I can't figure out how
webkilla
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Somewhere game guide?

Postby Rockin' Kat on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:23 pm

As far as this kind of game goes, it was really quite easy... as I actually finished it. Here's a spreadsheet map I made while playing it. I've been sitting on it for a while but thought I'd go ahead and reply now that it's been a while.

-RK
Rockin' Kat
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Somewhere game guide?

Postby Rockin' Kat on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:03 pm

Fun fact: When I made that map, I reversed East and West in the compass and plotted out the entire map of the game inverted in the same way. I had pulled it up a few times since and never realized I did that. It wasn't until I went and print previewed it, screenshot it, resized it, saved it, uploaded it, and previewed it embedded in a forum post, and then posted it that I realized it was completely inverted on east/west. So I had to go and copy paste the columns into a new spreadsheet and fix all the borders just to make it so it would make sense to someone who was not myself.

This is why I don't do particularly well at text adventures. Between flipping east and west when I'm visualizing directions and not being able to figure out the commands, I just get lost usually.
-RK
Rockin' Kat
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Poisoned Minds