I haven't been on this forum in months!

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

I haven't been on this forum in months!

Postby Jake R on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:13 am

But I'm posting here anyway because you told me so.

Keep drawing. PM is one of the few comics I actually look forward to out of the few dozen I read, and I often find it more entertaining than PvP, PA and CAD combined.

Also, your Church is the best I'll ever go to, as it's the only one handing out pure knowledge instead of lies.
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: I haven't been on this forum in months!

Postby Alan Foreman on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:43 am

Jake R wrote:
Also, your Church is the best I'll ever go to, as it's the only one handing out pure knowledge instead of lies.

HA! Don't confuse my ranting as "knowledge" please :D
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Syndic on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:51 am

So, you made me register at a new forum just to spout some sappy crap? a pox on you! :wink:

Oh and personally I hate hollow reassuring, I defiantly respond better to constructive criticism. This post says to me you give a shit far more then a "I LIK UR COMIK! UR GRATE!" email. I don't want mindless praise. I want to know that people care.

Uh, soo.... yeah nope, I'm not a comic artist or author myself. I can't deliver any useful constructive criticism, sorry. I can just tell when I like a comic... though the church of poisoned minds is better than the comic, at least for my personal taste. I like to read the comic, but the sardonic comments in the church work even better for me. Especially the expressions you draw on your face in the church are awesome...

Dang, now it HAS become mindless praise, hasn't it? :shifty:

So anyway, greetings from germany! I'm out (probably until the next rant of yours reminds me, I'm not really into forums)
Syndic
Junior Keenspotter

Postby deathbringer on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:52 am

The only webcomics i stuck with when i was really into them were SSDD, Road Waffles and Boy Meets Boy. The other two have ended so SSDD is the only one i even read now (well also occasionally one called Dewback Wing). I can't beleive i read more paper comics, that i have to pay for, than ones i can read for nothing without even getting up!

I'm assuming you have some big grand idea that the plot is working towards, but are getting bogged down in the small events? If that's the case why not motor on a bit towards a big scene? I remember a few years ago going "I need to draw this, and then this, and then this, and then THIS will make sense". Now i'm doing more of a "let's just draw the cool shit and stick the other stuff in captions" sort of thing.
deathbringer
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Boojum072 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 pm

Alan Foreman wrote:
Jake R wrote:

HA! Don't confuse my ranting as "knowledge" please :D

As far as Ranting goes, I must admit you give some of the better political commentary I've read recently. My personal view on politics can be summed up by Douglas Adam's "Anyone who is able to get themselves elected president, should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I vote, but since I live in Florida my vote only seems to count half the time. Doesn't matter, to me it's mainly just one bunch of useless bastards arguing with another bunch of useless bastards while the rest of us actually try to get some work done.
Boojum072
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Poisoned Minds