Writers AND artists block.

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

Writers AND artists block.

Postby Alan Foreman on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Okay, sorry guys. Not only am I failing to draw anything, I can't think of anything to use for filler. So here's you chance to ask question about the SSDD universe to give me some ideas.
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Re: Writers AND artists block.

Postby Zander on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:56 pm

I've always been fond of the tech highlight pieces. So you got fullerene in a fashion that you can mass produce... Other than military hardware, how has this impacted commercial products of the time? Is it like titanium currently so that shady guys on the TV try to sell you titanium covered drill bits that don't even have any titanium in them?
Close the World-txeN eht nepO
Zander
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Toa on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:48 am

Sketches of tech pieces might be nice. Maybe some of the guns?
Don't panic!
Toa
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TheCook on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:46 am

I suppose you could go through the filler texts that you posted and sketch out a few diagrams that correspond with them.

or maybe some more sticky? I love that psychotic degenerate. :D

or maybe even some "Adventures with Norman Gates!"?

Maybe some strips about what happened when Rich and Norman were younger, since we had a nice little glimpse of what they were like when the old bobby was talkng to the youngin.

Some more kingston would be nice aswell.
TheCook
Junior Keenspotter

Postby NotTheOracle on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:55 am

I've lost track of where the bonus is in regards to the Oracle achieving sentience. I'm looking forward to how the Oracle and Norman end up working together.
NotTheOracle
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:31 am

Yeah I really should try drawing sticky again.
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Anti-Theory on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:34 pm

The timeline is a bit screwed up. I mean, there's the "present" which is the original S.S.D.D. time setting, then there's the "future" with Tessa and Norman in full control of the Anarchists, then there's some timeline that's in between the "present" and the "future" where the story is now with young Tessa and the others. If you haven't already planned to end the whole comic strip some day by making it all connect, maybe it would be a good idea to do it sooner?
Anti-Theory
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Just to make things clear, there IS a plan to the end. I know I want to get to plot point A to point B maybe stopping off a C for a cup of tea and a biscuit. The plan has been changed a few times (hopefully for the best) but there IS a roadmap for the story. All the threads smash together at the end, and that's why I'm being a bit cheeky and running bonus strips on their own, so there not a long time between the two arch. The problem is getting the wording and jokes right and then drawing the fucking thing. The actual getting from A to B. The future based story line is important later on, even tho I've given rather big hints to how it ends...

or have I? :shifty:

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby likeatrashcan on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Does the CAS have "war heros" aside from Gates?
likeatrashcan
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:11 pm

likeatrashcan wrote:Does the CAS have "war heros" aside from Gates?

Eh yeah. I've already covered a few of them. One is relative to the plot and the other is the reason why they wear silly hats.

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby likeatrashcan on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Alan Foreman wrote:
likeatrashcan wrote:Does the CAS have "war heros" aside from Gates?

Eh yeah. I've already covered a few of them. One is relative to the plot and the other is the reason why they wear silly hats.

For clarification: I mean more current heros. I suppose that the one guy who fired the Tower with the windows open (jack something?) counts... but anyone else aside from him?
likeatrashcan
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:52 am

likeatrashcan wrote:For clarification: I mean more current heros. I suppose that the one guy who fired the Tower with the windows open (jack something?) counts... but anyone else aside from him?

http://www.poisonedminds.com/d/20070730.html

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby Reuven on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:12 pm

Can we find out about Stick's former owner? I think it was a guy?

And, what server would I go to so I can play TF2 with you Al?
Um, err.. yeah.
Reuven
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby BamBix on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Well, since you asked, I registered here. Probably only for this time, but well.
I really like your comic; it is only slightly more cynical than real life, the art is 'simple' but expressive (faces seem to be your main subject, and you've improved A LOT since the first strips). Also the filler is actually interesting, and your universe seems pretty 'real'. And mean :P

Keep up the good work.
BamBix
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:25 am

Reuven wrote:Can we find out about Stick's former owner? I think it was a guy?

:grumble:

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Return to Poisoned Minds