movie theatres and beer.

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

movie theatres and beer.

Postby WS_Rashana on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:50 am

Over here in the states, we have these.

http://www.movietavern.com/index7.php
WS_Rashana
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: movie theatres and beer.

Postby Alan Foreman on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:44 am

Interesting idea, but I can see practicality problems from the off. Other patrons would get annoy fast for a number of reasons.
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Postby WS_Rashana on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:03 pm

I've been to these places twice, there's a silent method for summoning the waiters and discrete lighting that will shine on the menus and nothing else. The theatre also has fewer seats than one it's size would normally have and the extra space is used not only to provide tables but also elbow-room so the wait-staff can do their job while staying out of everybody's way.

And those huge beer tankards are awesome, they let you keep them and take them home and if you bring it it back they'll give you a fresh one filled to the brim for just the cost of a refill. :D
WS_Rashana
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby deathbringer on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:04 am

There's an "arts picturehouse" in Cambridge (above a pub, even. Though not the sort of pubs arty-farty types would set foot in unless they wanted to leave through the window) that has a bar where you can buy a pint and your ticket. Mind you said arty-farty types usually go there so i doubt many showings end up with pissed people MST3K'ing the film.
deathbringer
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Poisoned Minds