sales

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

sales

Postby Demopoly on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:49 pm

I may be shot down in flames for suggesting it, but you could put some art up for sale, do tee shirts, or something that's clever and evil at the same time. Gods know I'd buy that sh*t. I love sarcasm. I wear those shirts to work in the leasing office for the Census. "Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic." Love it. Anyway, ooh, shiny things! Wait, I was getting back to a point somewhere...

I'd love to see you making a good living from art, not just because I love your strips but because I am nuts about artwork and the internet. Give me something I can buy, hopefully in price ranges like these: art thing for a distant friend, art thing for my girlfriend, and art thing for obscene self indulgence.

Retro and Kitsch seem to go well together. Can you make/print a comforter mural in 16 bit graphics of the corporate logos you've created for the strip? How about tee shirts of a certain cgi-rendered anarchist bunny? Hell I'd even like a maytek logo coffee mug. Seriously. I want that. I know I'm retarded for wanting another coffee mug when I hate coffee and only drink it at work so I don't strangle everyone there.

PS.
I'm a nut case you'd usually refer to as a 'mad scientist.' Feel free to ask me physics questions or mock me, either way I'm happy. We're an odd breed of attention hoes. Yes, I'm glad to be here. I know you weren't asking. Your comic has given me something to be thankful for since at least 2005. Thank you. I am happy to see that I'm not the only one who thinks most people are idiots. Whatever happened to enlightenment, it must have skipped America.
Demopoly
Junior Keenspotter

Re: sales

Postby cypherpunks on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Actually, the American government was very much a child of the Enlightenment; unfortunately the American people were too occupied marrying their cousins to notice, and have since dragged those ideals down to its level. As a great wit once wrote, "America is the first country to have gone from barbarism to decadence without the usual intervening period of civilization."

Gordon Brown may have been a conniving tosspot, but America could look with envy at a country led by a vaguely competent conniving tosspot.
cypherpunks
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mr_K on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:57 am

Brown? Competent? Hehehehehehe, good one. He was a class A bumbling oaf rather than a particularly malicious individual.
Now, David 'Eton' Cameron, it may be the Northerner talking in me, but he's the conniving toss-pot to watch out for. He's a bloke more savvy in PR than in anything else it seems. Well, so far anyway. Almost make's me glad I'm stuck across the pond for another year.

Good to see another physicist on here, Demopoly. Welcome.
"bears do not run away. bears vamoose"
Mr_K
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Tom Radigan on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 am

With the empty suit in the White House now, we look at envy at quite a few other countries.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Bumbling oafs

Postby cypherpunks on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Brown may be a bumbling oaf by British standards, but he's capable of handling opposition Questions on a regular basis.

From a country that is mysteriously not paralyzed with laughter at the names Dan Quayle, George W. Bush and Sarah Palin, he is a shining beacon of puissant statesmanship. A poor showing from a land that brought forth Disraeli and Churchill, but an enviable failure.
cypherpunks
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Bumbling oafs

Postby Tom Radigan on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:23 am

cypherpunks wrote:Brown may be a bumbling oaf by British standards, but he's capable of handling opposition Questions on a regular basis.

From a country that is mysteriously not paralyzed with laughter at the names Dan Quayle, George W. Bush and Sarah Palin, he is a shining beacon of puissant statesmanship. A poor showing from a land that brought forth Disraeli and Churchill, but an enviable failure.

Well, the Americans were hardly the only ones who seriously believed that some Chicago party hack was going to be the messiah who was going to put everything right. :roll:
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tom Radigan on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:01 pm

And many of us Americans are finally seeing the light:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2010/03/mad_magazine_mad_for_obama_no.html?obref=obinsite

For those who are unaware, MAD magazine is the first subversive publication most Americans encounter as they grow up, and Alfred E. Neuman is their fictional mascot.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Poisoned Minds