Just when I was getting used to "Spotted Dick"...

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

Just when I was getting used to "Spotted Dick"...

Postby Tom Radigan on Sat May 02, 2009 12:22 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/2698507.stm

And I thought the term just mean "cigarette" in the UK.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Just when I was getting used to "Spotted Dick"...

Postby Nyerguds on Tue May 05, 2009 7:42 am

no, that's 'fags' :P
What's the problem when it's all right?
There's nothing left!

Nocturn wrote:Screw all that "We used to like it and hope it gets better!" bullshit. We're a snarky bunch and Dominic Deegan is the perfect snarking material.
Nyerguds
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Just when I was getting used to "Spotted Dick"...

Postby deathbringer on Mon May 11, 2009 7:40 am

Lets clear this up eh?

Faggot
Once meant: A bundle of sticks used as kindling for burning people at the stake. These people were criminals and/or suspected witches. There was NEVER a mass-burning of homosexuals in a sort of "gay holocaust", as people will sometimes claim. The same sort of people that reckon fuck stands for "Fornicating Under Consent of the King".

Also means: Some sort of meatball thing.

Normally means: Actually to most people in Britain today it does mean gay.

Fag
Once meant: At boy's (and perhaps girl's) boarding schools, it was a young boy who became a sort of servant to an older student, and tidied his room, polished his shoes etc. Was meant to teach otherwise upper-class boys a sense of what it was like to be "on the floor" so that hopefully in thier future careers as office managers or army officers they would treat thier underlings with respect and not demand the impossible.

Also means: When a fag was a young 'servant' at a boarding school, "fagged out" for tired, "it's too much fag" for "it's too much hard work", "i'm going to have to fag all day at this" for "i'm going to have to work all day at this" &c &c were popular phrases. If the boarding school stories of the time are to be beleived anyway.

Now means: A cigarrete. Actually among the lower classes it probably meant that all the time.

Fasces
A bundle of sticks used to symbolise authority in Roman times, a department of France, in the US Senate and in Fascist Italy. I once saw some thick scum thinking this symbol was also called a "faggot". Often depicted with an axe to symbolise the authority of the state.
deathbringer
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Poisoned Minds