TvTropes

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

TvTropes

Postby zarpaulus on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:46 am

I found SSDD comics cited as examples on the following tropes: Divided States of America, Furry Confusion, Immune to Drugs, Indy Hat Roll, Menstrual Menace, Missing Floor, Super Soldier (though only the Gigglers were mentioned), and Vacuum Hurrican Kick (as a subversion).

So I decided to make a page for the comic: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SSDD

If you want, you can add more tropes or edit it.
zarpaulus
Junior Keenspotter

Re: TvTropes

Postby Alan Foreman on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:32 am

Heh, mostly right, bar things like the Inlay Pawns (which haven't even been shown yet), are NOT infantry. Also, Cook isn't a mad scientist. Annoyed, but not mad.

The fact that almost all the cliche links were "subverted" made me smile tho.
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Re: TvTropes

Postby zarpaulus on Wed May 13, 2009 8:25 am

Alan Foreman wrote:Heh, mostly right, bar things like the Inlay Pawns (which haven't even been shown yet), are NOT infantry. Also, Cook isn't a mad scientist. Annoyed, but not mad.

Sorry (editing article), I just guessed on the Pawns (based on the purpose of the chess piece), and the mad scientist thing was due to Tessa's "bond villain" comment.
zarpaulus
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Poisoned Minds