Just how badass is Isaac?

Monsters and nekkid ladies!

Moderator: Adam Black

Re: Just how badass is Isaac?

Postby BigJimLauver on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:40 pm

I'm unsure if I have any sort of reply to the post above me (thanks Prim, for rendering me speechless with shits and giggles) besides advice to not open one's eyes any time soon.
BigJimLauver
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Morach on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 am

That screenshot you posted looks familiar prim,but for the life of me I just can't remember. :o
Morach
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SuedodeuS on Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:49 am

Morach wrote:That screenshot you posted looks familiar prim,but for the life of me I just can't remember. :o

Raiders of the Lost Ark, if memory serves. That's one o' them thar Nazis what made the mistake of looking at the Ark of the Covenant.
Quos deus vult perdere, prius dementat.
Latin: Those whom a god wishes to destroy, he first drives mad.
SuedodeuS
Junior Keenspotter

Postby raoullefere on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:03 pm

SuedodeuS wrote:I think those might have been later concepts (or in some of the Jewish texts not included in the Old Testament), rather than in the Bible itself, but I could be mistaken.

It's something the Greeks came up with, as I recall. In Greek mythology, no mortal can look on the divine form of one of the gods. One of Zeus' paramours, Semele, insisted on seeing him in his divine form (Hera, of course, put her up to this), and the sight incinerated her. Zeus only managed to save their child, Dionysus. I don't know if the Israelites have/had a similar concept or if this idea (with Moses, for example, in Exodus 33:20-23) is due to Hellenistic influence.

I mainly recall this because Rick Riordan jogged my memory when he brought it up in one of his Percy Jackson novels. Pretty good stuff for anyone who, like me, is a fan of Greek mythology.

I suspect Miettron will purposely burn out Isaac's eyes as 'punishment' for finding him. If he's capable of all these other horrors, that should be right up his alley.

You don't steal Apollo's ride
You don't call red Loki's con
You don't say the name of Old C'whosis
An' you don't track down Miettron
Doo Doo Doo DOO de doo da-da doo
raoullefere
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Primitive Screwhead on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:27 am

SuedodeuS wrote:
Morach wrote:That screenshot you posted looks familiar prim,but for the life of me I just can't remember. :o

Raiders of the Lost Ark, if memory serves. That's one o' them thar Nazis what made the mistake of looking at the Ark of the Covenant.

Correct! That was Major Arnold Ernst Toht from the "Ark opens and a lot of Nazis die" scene in Raiders, as was Hambone's quote. :wink:
Primitive Screwhead
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:29 am

raoullefere wrote:You don't steal Apollo's ride
You don't call red Loki's con
You don't say the name of Old C'whosis
An' you don't track down Miettron
Doo Doo Doo DOO de doo da-da doo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter