Locus is moving!

Monsters and nekkid ladies!

Moderator: Adam Black

Locus is moving!

Postby Adam Black on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm still in the early stages of contract negotiations and what-not, but I thought I'd let you guys know that Locus will be moving off Keenspot to a different webcomic host/hub/doohickey. I'm excited about it, too.

This move will occur once Issue Six is done, which will be the end of October. So there's no need to update bookmarks yet or anything like that. Just be aware that Locus isn't going to be here from Issue Seven onwards--which starts Monday, November 2, 2009.

I will have more news later this month and probably on and off throughout October as well. It's going to be good news, so stay tuned.

Special thanks to the Crosbys for putting up with my crazy titty comic for a whole year. :lol:
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Locus is moving!

Postby Primitive Screwhead on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:54 am

Taking the leap, eh?
Good for you mon frère!
Can't wait to see the new digs. :D
Primitive Screwhead
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks! Locus will be moving over to Outland Entertainment, which is run by a couple of friends of mine, and also hosts some comics by people who are also friends of mine.

I'm really looking forward to it. We're already talking about Locus-related plans--hopefully I'll have some news for you guys this month sometime.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:40 pm

Whoa! That's crazy as horse shit! OE's page does look pretty swanky. And these are friends of yours? There are some damn good lookin' comics on that page.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 am

When I was drawing Kiss comics for Platinum Studios, I met those two. Matt was working for PS in some sort of web design fashion (it's been awhile; I don't recall exactly), and Jeremy was heading his own comic-making studio. He had artists and writers and such working under him, and they were putting together Cowboys & Aliens II over on Drunk Duck.

Matt and I got talking at the SDCC back in 2007, and found out we had a lot in common. We even attended the same college. A little while after that, PS started going downhill and a bunch of people left, including Matt and Jeremy. They went on to start OE. Hell, Panelflow is Matt's baby. He coded the whole thing by hand.

Matt asked me if I wanted to put Locus up on OE, but I'd just signed my Keenspot contract at the time so I turned him down. Now it's a year later, and I think this is the next step for Locus--a group of guys running a webcomics hosting site who are as excited about my comic as I am. They've got a bunch of ideas in the pipe for Locus--we're just getting started talking about it, and I'm already stoked.

I think you're in the same boat as I am: you've got a comic that needs some promotional love, but it's not mainstream/family-friendly enough to get the attention it deserves.

Let me know if you want me to introduce you to Matt and Jeremy. :wink:
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DocMerlin on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 am

Awesome, man...rolling stones collect no moss.
DocMerlin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby raoullefere on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Aw, man, and I just registered with Keenspot, too. You do know they require your firstborn. I *sniff* hope 'lil Athos will be happy here.

Seriously, I checked out Outland. It does look more like a Locus kind of place, and possibly a Raoul one, too. I look forward to the move.

P.S. Whatta ya have to pony up to be on their forum?
raoullefere
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:12 pm

I don't think they have a forum, actually. But I might be missing what's right in front of my face, which is pretty common with me. :lol:

You can sign up for an account over there, which will let you leave comments on each comic page, which is something I miss from the DD days.

As for forums--I think I've managed to talk Hambone into helping me set one up! It will be much more organized and customized, which I'm looking forward to.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Adam Black on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Here's where Locus will be, once November rolls around.

I'll be changing a lot of things in the weeks ahead (especially that blue background), but figured I'd link it anyway, to show you what the new place is going to look like...for the most part.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Adam Black on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:56 pm

I've been uploading pages to the new site in my spare time, and thought you guys would dig the Episode page.

Is that cool or what? I dig the hell out of it. :D
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:34 am

Whoa! new page is lookin' pimp! I'll have to register there. Also the episode page is quite nice indeed!
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:32 pm

That episode page is THE SHIT, man. I love it.

There's more stuff coming, too. Matt's working on a few other things for me, which should be done in time for Issue Seven in November.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Locus