Embiggening My Art

Dicks, dames, superheroes, and mad scientists - life is good!

Moderator: John T

Embiggening My Art

Postby John T on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:33 pm

As noted in today's (late) news, I started drawing the comic bigger again after a month of drawing it (badly) smaller. The benefits are substantial - everything is more detailed and has more room to breathe. The more detail I can put down in the "pencils" phase, the easier it is for me to ink, so that's another plus. It's also a LOT easier to draw people different sizes since I have so much extra room on the paper itself. With the small panels, full body shots were a rarity, if I ever even drew them at all.

Anyway, I made this thread to show a couple examples. They're panels from different strips that look somewhat similar. Enjoy this peek behind the curtain.

artcomp2.jpg
artcomp2.jpg (49.93 KiB) Viewed 676 times

artcomp1.jpg
artcomp1.jpg (49.46 KiB) Viewed 675 times
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
John T
Keenspot Despot

Re: Embiggening My Art

Postby Mister Munshun on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Wow, i don't ever recall seeing unfinished Trout-art before as long as I've been reading your stuff.

...Oh, and uh, bigger panels are much better... right?
Mike: "How come you're so evil?" Pearl: "I'm filled with hate. I don't know if that helps." -- Mystery Science Theater 3000
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Embiggening My Art

Postby Arantor on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:35 pm

It's always interesting to see under the hood, so to speak. The section at the back of Basil Flint, P.I. is quite interesting on that subject.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Flat Feet & High Heels