Donation Drive: Because Debt Is A Bad Thing!

Dicks, dames, superheroes, and mad scientists - life is good!

Moderator: John T

Donation Drive: Because Debt Is A Bad Thing!

Postby John T on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm cross-posting this from the October 6th newspost at FFHH. Thanks, guys!
---
I hate to even say things like this, but I'm having trouble paying my bills this month. I'm going through a lengthy chunk of unemployment right now and it's distinctly possible that I won't be able to cover my bills for October. With that in mind, I'm going to ask (nay, beg) for donations from you, my very fine readers.

Furthermore, I'll throw in a cherry to sweeten the pot - for every $100 in donations I recieve, I'll draw THREE EXTRA STRIPS for the coming week. So if you readers, in your infinite generosity, were to donate $100 total this week, next week you'd get eight comics instead of five. Sound like a good deal? If $100 isn't reached in a given week, I'll simply roll it over until we actually DO get to $100. I will limit it to three bonus strips a week, though, so if there's an amazingly blessed week in which I recieve $200 in donations, I'll do three strips the next week and three strips the week after that. While I love your generosity, I simply don't have time to do more than eight FFHH strips in a week.

So that's my pitch - I'm near going into debt and need your help. Just clicking the button below gets things on their way. Anything you could give would be appreciated, and to sweeten the deal, you'll get extra strips out of the deal everytime we hit $100 total. I thank you very, very kindly in advance. (FYI, I can currently only accept donations through Paypal. If you don't have a Paypal account, though, you can still just use a credit/debit card by clicking the Paypal link.)

I can't post the code for the Paypal button on this forum, so if you're interested, please head to the front page of Flat Feet and hit the "donate" button! Thanks!
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
John T
Keenspot Despot

Re: Donation Drive: Because Debt Is A Bad Thing!

Postby Mister Munshun on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:00 am

God I wish I had extra funds to throw your way, but I'm unemployed myself at the moment.

Maybe posting this on some other comic forums that would be familiar with your work would generate a bigger response? I know when people have been in trouble before they've gotten their other comic friends to spread the word. Maybe check out things like Girly's forum, or the ones for Something Positive, or elsewhere on the Keenspot forums?
Mike: "How come you're so evil?" Pearl: "I'm filled with hate. I don't know if that helps." -- Mystery Science Theater 3000
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arantor on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 am

I have been thinking about an ad campaign for webcomics via WordOwl - a "comic of the week" or something. I might have to get that running and make FF&HH the first one, followed by Sporkman for week 2, but I don't know how that'll work out. I don't want to clutter the front page more than necessary for example.
Last edited by Arantor on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:20 am

Mister Munshun wrote:God I wish I had extra funds to throw your way, but I'm unemployed myself at the moment.

I appreciate the thought nonetheless. Man, our economy sucks, don't it?

Maybe posting this on some other comic forums that would be familiar with your work would generate a bigger response? I know when people have been in trouble before they've gotten their other comic friends to spread the word. Maybe check out things like Girly's forum, or the ones for Something Positive, or elsewhere on the Keenspot forums?

I would, except I doubt anyone that doesn't read the comic would really care. If I jumped into another forum and begged for donations, they'd probably laugh or just think I was a shmuck. MIght even turn them OFF from seeing the comic later on. Then again, I'm quite paranoid about such things. In any event, I'll leave the donation drive in-house for the time being.
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mister Munshun on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:15 am

Congratulations on how the drive's been going so far. I'm glad you're getting the help you need.
Mike: "How come you're so evil?" Pearl: "I'm filled with hate. I don't know if that helps." -- Mystery Science Theater 3000
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Flat Feet & High Heels