Hey, waitaminute... (Amanda question)

Dicks, dames, superheroes, and mad scientists - life is good!

Moderator: John T

Hey, waitaminute... (Amanda question)

Postby Mister Munshun on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:22 am

Amanda's "ears like a bat" have actually gotten smaller with time. For years, I drew her with enormous elf ears and while I still like to make them a bit elven, I've toned it down a lot. I mean, she's still a 6'4" skinny freak of nature, but at least she doesn't have ears the size of her hands anymore.

That's got me a little confused. Is FF&HH's Amanda supposed to be the, like, other-worldly representation of the blonde girl from the old Flint comics whose name I've unfortunately forgotten who migrated over from the Sporkman comics? If not, did you mean you were just sketching her for practice for years?

Or am I just an idiot?
Last edited by John T on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo in subject heading
Mike: "How come you're so evil?" Pearl: "I'm filled with hate. I don't know if that helps." -- Mystery Science Theater 3000
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Hey, waitaminute... (Amana question)

Postby John T on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:25 am

Same character. Well, not the SAME character, technically. But they were all "Amanda," yes.
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
John T
Keenspot Despot

Re: Hey, waitaminute... (Amanda question)

Postby Arantor on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:31 am

Amanda may seem to be Amanda.

Sure, they have the same broad personality, the same facial freckles and great people skills :lol: but Sporkman's Amanda is Miss Amanda Noname, while FF&HH's Amanda is Amanda Beaumont.

And interestingly, their cameramen were both called Rob, although Sporkman's Rob died in 2001, according to Death.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:02 am

Sporkman pre-2008 represents the universe of my original comics, in which Amanda had no real last name, and in which Rob got his head lopped off (by, fun fact, Butch from "Chopping Block.") In rebooting my world, I decided that Amanda should have a REAL last name, thus the change. Still, same character, more or less.
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mister Munshun on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:29 am

That's awesome, and I'm glad I finally caught on. For awhile now I was thinking Amanda was totally new.
Mike: "How come you're so evil?" Pearl: "I'm filled with hate. I don't know if that helps." -- Mystery Science Theater 3000
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Flat Feet & High Heels