"Classic" Comics

Dicks, dames, superheroes, and mad scientists - life is good!

Moderator: John T

"Classic" Comics

Postby John T on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:21 pm

For the sake both providing backstory and scoring some extra adviews, I've shoved the former Flint Again archives into the Flat Feet & High Heels archives. I still consider 20080714 to be the first FF&HH strip, however, even though it's not in the middle of the archives. Figure that one out.

I don't really plan on making the "prehistory" archives searchable just yet - I intend to reformat and edit them in the future, thus making transcribing them an exercise in futility.
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
John T
Keenspot Despot

Re: "Classic" Comics

Postby Arantor on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on that - otherwise I would have started transcriptions!! Just shout when you want me to start digging into the archive.

And am I right in thinking that the blonde lady in the last panel of today's strip is Amanda? Just it sounds like it should be her (based on both Basil's reaction and her line) but if it is she's changed her jacket and hairstyle since we saw her last.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:16 pm

Yeah, that's her. She has indeed changed clothes twice in the same day. Amanda's funny that way.
John S. Troutman
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Arantor on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 pm

And she wonders why she needs to learn discipline with regards money...
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mister Munshun on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:08 am

The commentary on some strips is almost - but not quite - funnier than the actual strips. Today's (8/22) is a perfect example, re: Basil's mom forcing him into dresses and pigtails.
Mike: "How come you're so evil?" Pearl: "I'm filled with hate. I don't know if that helps." -- Mystery Science Theater 3000
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:31 am

Really? I might try and be more wordy in the future, then. It's as good a place as any to get all the extra info out of my head.
John S. Troutman
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Arantor on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:28 pm

I always like reading it too - just another reason why I'm glad the feed doesn't have the comic in.

More wordy please!
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mister Munshun on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:40 am

I'm always appreciative of a little insight into the creative process.

I'm also a sucker for commentary in just about any form. I listen to commentary tracks on a lot of my movies more often than the actual dialogue track.
Mike: "How come you're so evil?" Pearl: "I'm filled with hate. I don't know if that helps." -- Mystery Science Theater 3000
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:51 am

Mister Munshun wrote:I'm also a sucker for commentary in just about any form. I listen to commentary tracks on a lot of my movies more often than the actual dialogue track.

That largely depends on how entertaining the speakers are. I can safely say that I've actually listened to the commentaries on Kevin Smith DVDs more than the films themselves.
John S. Troutman
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mister Munshun on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:07 pm

John T wrote:
Mister Munshun wrote:I'm also a sucker for commentary in just about any form. I listen to commentary tracks on a lot of my movies more often than the actual dialogue track.

That largely depends on how entertaining the speakers are. I can safely say that I've actually listened to the commentaries on Kevin Smith DVDs more than the films themselves.

Ditto. I've actually watched Mallrats maybe three times since I bought the 10th ann. DVD, but I've listened to the commentary on it 20 or 30 times. And the commentary on the Clerks cartoon is one of my favorites as well.
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:59 pm

Mallrats is definently the best of Smith's commentaries. One of my others favs is the cast commentary on "Fellowship of the Ring." The four hobbits doing commentary together are fucking HILARIOUS.
John S. Troutman
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mister Munshun on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:22 am

Did you hear? That guy from Fashionable Male killed himself last night!
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:06 am

Ben Affleck is the star of the commentary. I don't care how much crap he got or will ever get in the press - that's one funny mofo.
John S. Troutman
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mister Munshun on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:45 am

I like how Affleck suspiciously sounds drunk in all the commentaries i've heard him in.
Mister Munshun
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Flat Feet & High Heels