Martial Arts pimpage!

Finally, a comic that shows what cats are really like.

Moderators: Takhisis, jameslgrant

Martial Arts pimpage!

Postby Takhisis on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:26 am

As some of you may know, I'm currently studying capoeira. It's a Brazilian martial art based on dance and acrobatics. It's crazy and a heck of a lot of fun. :)

On Saturday May 12, from 1PM - 5PM, our organization will be holding our first Dallas-based batizado, basically a party/festival where schools from around the country will be gathering. There will be demonstrations, acrobatics, music, competition, and hopefully some new ranks gained.

For some of the kinds of stuff you can expect:

A demo video by Mestrando Jamaika, who will be there

A news story on our school.. if you speak Spanish it gives a lot of good info, if not then the video at least shows you what we do.

At any rate, we are trying to get as many people as possible to come watch and have a good time, and we're currently pre-selling tickets for a discount! (There's also a leetle competition among the students to sell the most tickets :wink: )

PRE-ORDERED TICKETS ARE ONLY $3.50! ($3 for the ticket, 50 cents for envelope and postage.) If you are in the DFW area, or plan on being in the area on May 10 and would like to attend, please drop me a PM and I'll send you a paypal link.

It's a very low price for an afternoon of entertainment, plus you'll be helping me and my school out. You know you want to! Plus it's the only time you'll EVER get to see me wearing pink. :lol:
Mel Hynes
Takhisis
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Two Lumps