DANG! I'm delicious! [20070223]

Finally, a comic that shows what cats are really like.

Moderators: Takhisis, jameslgrant

DANG! I'm delicious! [20070223]

Postby SpinKitty on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:05 am

Not me, actually; but Snooch obviously is enjoying his new-found oatmealness. The little gods and goddesses do have problems with itchiness...

Very glad to see that the forum has relocated to Keenspot. ConstantTorment really was!
CRfH Code v3.2 R++ D&* !WB F- PSL++[Dave] U !IRC BSL RPG- P I+ E- GN AI (*I just want Dave to be happy!)
Member, Urban's Quills. Stay Sharp.
User avatar
SpinKitty
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:16 pm
Location: southern Maryland

Postby ShoeKitten on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:55 am

I'm kind of glad it turned out to be because Snooch was oatmeal flavored. I was afraid it might have been something a little less family-friendly. ;)
In memory of Blue, my beloved Russian Blue, 1989-2003.
User avatar
ShoeKitten
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:52 am

Postby wildqat on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:57 am

First thing I thought of:

<img src="http://wildqat.googlepages.com/Im_delish.jpg">
wildqat
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:50 am

Postby Cygnia on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:38 pm

I was reminded of this one myself... 8)

Image
User avatar
Cygnia
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:23 pm

HA!

Postby Takhisis on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:06 pm

Those are great! :lol:

I actually got the idea from some real oatmeal-infused cat bath wipes I picked up at the pet store... I realized the cat-loafs have got more snooty spa-style skin care products than I do at this point! Spoiled things.
Mel Hynes
Image
User avatar
Takhisis
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Cygnia on Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:31 pm

I've been seeing the words "gooshy food" popping up in a lot of cat macros lately. I don't think that's a coincidence... :D
User avatar
Cygnia
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:23 pm

Postby jameslgrant on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:35 pm

Cygnia wrote:I've been seeing the words "gooshy food" popping up in a lot of cat macros lately. I don't think that's a coincidence... :D


I'm still mystified. The first time I heard the word "Gooshyfood" was from Mel's lips, but I thought it was a pre-created word in society at large. Then I found out nobody else seems to have used it prior to the strip.

And a Google Search of the term shows that it's spread like fucking wildfire.
User avatar
jameslgrant
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:49 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Ang on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:07 am

I'm guilty. When I started reading TL back in August and saw the term, I was rather happy that there was finally a cute sort of way to put the horrors of canned food into.

I try not to feed my girls gooshyfood on a regular basis, and Snooch's waistline attests to that.
*Ang*
Ang
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Nueva Grande Brittania

Gooshyfood

Postby mmorrison on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:02 am

This oatmeal one made me giggle.

As for "gooshyfood", I've always called the stuff "smellyfood", but I find myself starting to say "gooshyfood" instead. I think it's a case of the perfect term existing already out in the ether, and as soon as one person channels it, everybody else recognizes it and starts to use it too.

Marcia Morrison
Massachusetts
mmorrison
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:33 am
Location: Lafayette, Colorado

Postby Cygnia on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:49 pm

After years of only dry kibble our vet finally recommended that Smokey should be given wet food in her diet.

It has now created a gooshy-addicted buttfuzz of a beast. :)
User avatar
Cygnia
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:23 pm

Postby Absynthe on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:42 pm

I love Snooch's reaction to his own tasty-ness. I accidentally spilled some (cold) chicken broth on one of my underfoots and she spent a couple of hours getting herself spotless. The rest of the gang wanted to help, but she was rather adamant about doing it herself.
Absynthe
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:36 pm

Postby megan11275 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:11 pm

In our house, "gooshy food" has come to mean anything yummy (and usually fattening), regardless of the species eating it :P
Lead me not into temptation; I can find it all by myself.
megan11275
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:04 pm

Postby Anman on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:17 pm

megan11275 wrote:In our house, "gooshy food" has come to mean anything yummy (and usually fattening), regardless of the species eating it :P


Or the species being eaten I presume.
User avatar
Anman
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Australia

Postby taryn_vee on Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:29 am

one of my lumps has decided that the parrot kibble is edible too... he vacuums up whatever birdie has thrown out and particularily likes the green fishy shaped kibble :D
User avatar
taryn_vee
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:24 am
Location: london

Postby jameslgrant on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:42 am

The real life Eben and Snooch have decided that all plush toys are Gooshy, and should be eviscerated.

You should have seen what they did to that damned Santa doll.
User avatar
jameslgrant
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:49 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby FayeCat on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:52 am

I shudder to think about whatever gooshy doom happened to that poor santa.

Ever see a cat gut one of the catnip mice in under 5 minutes?
I have...It's not pretty.
<img src="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/402970981_0387d7804c_o.jpg" width="525" height="110" alt="sig1">
User avatar
FayeCat
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:36 pm

Postby Cygnia on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:07 am

jameslgrant wrote:The real life Eben and Snooch have decided that all plush toys are Gooshy, and should be eviscerated.

You should have seen what they did to that damned Santa doll.


I can believe it. Half of my plush Eben's whiskers have been chewed off when I made the mistake of keeping the Boys on my desk. Smokey doesn't tolerate "rivals" well.
User avatar
Cygnia
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:23 pm

Postby hkgirl91 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:44 pm

Cygnia wrote:Half of my plush Eben's whiskers have been chewed off when I made the mistake of keeping the Boys on my desk. Smokey doesn't tolerate "rivals" well.


One of my boys seems to ignore plush toys. The other thinks they are a furry equivalent to blow-up-dolls.
User avatar
hkgirl91
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:17 am

Postby Ang on Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:05 pm

Odd question: Do those wipes actually work? One of my girls is pretty itchy sometimes (she scratches herself so hard she makes herself bleed :( ) and I know they don't have fleas because, well, their dainty white paws have never touched the great outdoors.

Now I just have to make sure my tubbo (Rin) doesn't lick it all off for her own oatmeal-flavored goodness. Mishu is too prissy for wipes, especially with her fluffy Himalayan hair. :roll:
*Ang*
Ang
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Nueva Grande Brittania

Postby Absynthe on Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:17 pm

Ang wrote:Odd question: Do those wipes actually work? One of my girls is pretty itchy sometimes (she scratches herself so hard she makes herself bleed :( ) and I know they don't have fleas because, well, their dainty white paws have never touched the great outdoors.

Now I just have to make sure my tubbo (Rin) doesn't lick it all off for her own oatmeal-flavored goodness. Mishu is too prissy for wipes, especially with her fluffy Himalayan hair. :roll:


I don't have any experience with the wipes per se, but I have had itchy-skinned kitties with no apparent cause. Turned out that she was having a mild allergic reaction to one of the ingredients in her food. Went throuh a couple of different foods and then all was well. I don't recall exactly, but I think it was gluten that was the culprit.
Absynthe
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:36 pm

Postby Ang on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:50 pm

Absynthe wrote:
Ang wrote:Odd question: Do those wipes actually work? One of my girls is pretty itchy sometimes (she scratches herself so hard she makes herself bleed :( ) and I know they don't have fleas because, well, their dainty white paws have never touched the great outdoors.

Now I just have to make sure my tubbo (Rin) doesn't lick it all off for her own oatmeal-flavored goodness. Mishu is too prissy for wipes, especially with her fluffy Himalayan hair. :roll:


I don't have any experience with the wipes per se, but I have had itchy-skinned kitties with no apparent cause. Turned out that she was having a mild allergic reaction to one of the ingredients in her food. Went throuh a couple of different foods and then all was well. I don't recall exactly, but I think it was gluten that was the culprit.


I'll have to check that out, thanks!
*Ang*
Ang
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Nueva Grande Brittania

Postby falkie on Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:30 am

Wildqat, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to gank your pic there to use as an icon on my livejournal, that's just too cute!

Cygnia, your pic is cute in a disturbing sort of way! *chuckles*
User avatar
falkie
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:39 pm
Location: Florida

Postby Cygnia on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:04 pm

That's Choo-Choo Bear, showing off the trick he knows (namely, spitting mints on command).
User avatar
Cygnia
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:23 pm

Postby ChibiBecca on Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:00 pm

that seems a pretty specialised trick. o-o does he store mints in his mouth..?
User avatar
ChibiBecca
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 11:00 pm
Location: England

Postby sexy_fork on Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:39 pm

ChibiBecca wrote:that seems a pretty specialised trick. o-o does he store mints in his mouth..?


...you've never read something positive, have you?
User avatar
sexy_fork
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:10 pm

 
Next

Return to Two Lumps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron