global warming

Finally, a comic that shows what cats are really like.

Moderators: Takhisis, jameslgrant

global warming

Postby saraB on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:58 am

I actually heard the noobs on the 700 club say something to the effect of "blizzards in winter? take that gore!"
and i just wish i could put todays strip infront of their face and shout at them.
i dont understand why so many people have such a hard time with this concept. if cats can get it right-!!
just for the record, i love you guys!
saraB
Junior Keenspotter

Re: global warming

Postby Crosshair on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:24 pm

saraB wrote:I actually heard the noobs on the 700 club say something to the effect of "blizzards in winter? take that gore!"
and i just wish i could put todays strip infront of their face and shout at them.
i dont understand why so many people have such a hard time with this concept. if cats can get it right-!!
just for the record, i love you guys!

Because the theory is wrong and flawed. It is no longer science, it is a religion. People get mad when you question their religion. When people try to force their religion onto others, people are going to ask questions. Ever wonder why Al Gore refuses to debate anyone about the science? If his case really was that firm he should have no trouble in grinding his opponents into the dirt and show them as fools. He can't and so he doesn't. Lord Monckton has been asking Gore for a debate for several years and Gore refuses. Lord Monckton debates anyone who wishes to debate him.

The science says we are now in a cooling trend. The globe has been warming on and off since the Maunder Minimum/Little Ice age ended around 1715. Between 1715 and 1750 the temperature increased around 4 degrees. Far more than the 1.3 or so we have seen in the entire 20th century. Temperature increase has never correlated with CO2 increases, but has correlated rather well with solar activity. Also note that most of the warming occurred before much of the additional CO2 was added to the atmosphere.

The current warming is nothing unusual.The Vikings were farming in Greenland during the Medieval Warm period, which was far warmer than it is today. Today their graves are under permafrost. If one actually stops to think about it, a warmer globe is a good thing. Why is there more biodiversity in the tropics than in the arctic? Cause nothing grows in the arctic and your nuts freeze off, that's why. There are some disadvantages to warming, but there are also many benefits. Grapes were once grown in Britain, but now it is too cold.

Of course the Emails were not just some "Paid grant-fund types" who were in these emails. These are some of the top "scientists" who have been peddling the whole global warming scare and corrupted the peer review process. Of course one should also mention that some of those in the emails are now being investigated in their respective countries. Nobody has tried to accuse the emails of being fake.

Mt. Kilimanjaro's ice loss has nothing to do with Global warming. The temperature never gets above freezing there. The main reason for the Ice loss is deforestation in the foothills surrounding the mountain. This results in less moisture in the air and as a consequence there is less snowfall to replace the ice lost through sublimation.

We are all environmentalists. We must not recklessly pollute the planet. It is our duty to be caretakers of the planet. That means we must make the best use of our limited resources and not squander them on scares and junk science. Even if it was true that we would get 3 degrees warming from a doubling of CO2, (The real figure is closer to .5-.8 degrees.) adaptation is FAR more cost effective than shutting down 80% of our economy for the next 80 years. (Are you willing to live in a mud hut for the rest of your life to "save the planet"? I don't think so.) Adaptability is what allowed humans to prosper. Just as we switched from Whale oil to petroleum in the 19th century, we will eventually switch to something better as technology advances. The only thing government has to do is stay out of the way.

It says a lot about them when the watermelons are against us burning coal, yet are even more strongly against us developing nuclear power? Coal plants put far more radioactivity into the atmosphere, soil, and water every day than nuclear plants ever have, yet they aren't crying about that.

Check out some of the stuff Lord Monckton has said and written for a good rebuttal to the Climate Change scare.
Crosshair
Junior Keenspotter

Postby earlgrey on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:49 am

Thank you, Crosshair, for putting that so concisely and definitively! I've been arguing with my TV screen (news media) for years that, "People, it (the climate) goes in cycles! Give me a break!" I'm more concerned with overfishing than I am with global warming!
earlgrey
Junior Keenspotter

Postby jameslgrant on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:44 am

Crosshair, is there a possibility that when you fucking tell people that the data they've reviewed is a "religion," it MIGHT be the cause for their ire? Do you think?
jameslgrant
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Two Lumps