RIP Caramon

Finally, a comic that shows what cats are really like.

Moderators: Takhisis, jameslgrant

Re: RIP Caramon

Postby madvoice on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:59 pm

I guess this could come as an intro post. I've only plucked up the courage to join the forum after seeing the poignant post about Caramon.

I have been following James L Grant since his Flem days (goes back a ways) and have since come to love Two Lumps.

I am deeply saddened to hear of the loss of Caramon. So, from the land 'Down Under' to the land 'Up Over' I send my condolences to James and Mel.

Every time I look at my neutered red Burmese cat Blinky I see the antics of Snooch (he is a tub-o-lard and just as silly). I cannot deny I have shed a few tears for Caramon's loss. Through Two Lumps it feels as if both Raistlin and Caramon have become family.
madvoice
Junior Keenspotter

Postby VulturesMom on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:32 am

I am so sorry to hear about Caramon, I know what you're going through. I've lost a couple of kitties due to Kidney failure, and it's heck getting over the death. It's been close to 5 years that my previous Siamese died (the vet let me hold her while she was put to sleep and I was a basket case later on at work), but I swear I catch a glimpse of her out of the corner of my eye. I've got a couple of other cats now, and they are working their way into my heart to join Fancy and my first cat Sheba who also died of Kidney failure. Caramon will still be with you and Raistlin in spirit and getting in lots of 'trouble' up there in cat heaven. I know my 2 as well as my current ones will be waiting on me when it's my time.

Again, my condolences.
VulturesMom
Junior Keenspotter

Postby VulturesMom on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:33 am

I am so sorry to hear about Caramon, I know what you're going through. I've lost a couple of kitties due to Kidney failure, and it's heck getting over the death. It's been close to 5 years that my previous Siamese died (the vet let me hold her while she was put to sleep and I was a basket case later on at work), but I swear I catch a glimpse of her out of the corner of my eye. I've got a couple of other cats now, and they are working their way into my heart to join Fancy and my first cat Sheba who also died of Kidney failure. Caramon will still be with you and Raistlin in spirit and getting in lots of 'trouble' up there in cat heaven. I know my 2 as well as my current ones will be waiting on me when it's my time.

Again, my condolences.
VulturesMom
Junior Keenspotter

Postby SpinKitty on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:45 am

So sad to hear of Caramon's passing. May he be always remembered.
CRfH Code v3.2 R++ D&* !WB F- PSL++[Dave] U !IRC BSL RPG- P I+ E- GN AI (*I just want Dave to be happy!)
Member, Urban's Quills. Stay Sharp.
SpinKitty
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BravoGolf on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:38 pm

I don't know what to say here that's already been expressed in this thread.

I lost a cat back in January 2008. She was a calico short hair, and she was almost 19. Her name was Ichi (Japanese for "one;" she was the first born of a litter), and we had to euthanize her because she was almost always sick, partly due to her age. She also going blind, with cataracts in her right eye, and she had arthritis.

When she was born, she wasn't expected to survive for more than a few years, but she managed to make it to 2008. Ichi was born in May 1990, about five months before I was.
BravoGolf
Junior Keenspotter

Postby rachelkitty85 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 pm

I have been reading your comic for a number of years now... and I know I am a post amongst 5 deca worth... However I feel I must express my deepest condolences for your loss. Caramon will live on forever.. immortalized in the pages of Two Lumps.

This comic has caught my eye on so many levels, I read here nearly everytime it updates. I cannot help but be moved to bouts of rolling laughter by the antics of the Captain of the Carpet ship... or the "I will eat your skull" comments listed everytime they come forth. I will surely miss Caramon although I didn't even know him. Cats are like people, they feel, they think.. they get hungry.. and demand to be fed.. However to the extent opposite.. I don't know many people that when you don't feed them.. they piss on everything in the house.. Leeroy Jenkins be damned.... Eben and Snooth.. For the win.

Rest in peace Caramon.... and my deepest sympathy to Raistlin, Mel and J. May your world be forever filled with the gooshyfood of happiness.. and may Caramon's Meer be heard eternally in your hearts..
rachelkitty85
Junior Keenspotter

Postby rachelkitty85 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:22 pm

I have been reading your comic for a number of years now... and I know I am a post amongst 5 deca worth... However I feel I must express my deepest condolences for your loss. Caramon will live on forever.. immortalized in the pages of Two Lumps.

This comic has caught my eye on so many levels, I read here nearly everytime it updates. I cannot help but be moved to bouts of rolling laughter by the antics of the Captain of the Carpet ship... or the "I will eat your skull" comments listed everytime they come forth. I will surely miss Caramon although I didn't even know him. Cats are like people, they feel, they think.. they get hungry.. and demand to be fed.. However to the extent opposite.. I don't know many people that when you don't feed them.. they piss on everything in the house.. Leeroy Jenkins be damned.... Eben and Snooth.. For the win.

Rest in peace Caramon.... and my deepest sympathy to Raistlin, Mel and J. May your world be forever filled with the gooshyfood of happiness.. and may Caramon's Meer be heard eternally in your hearts..
rachelkitty85
Junior Keenspotter

Postby VulturesMom on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 am

I just read about your loss of one of your cat/family member's. I am so sorry to read about the loss of Caramon. He reminds me so much of one of my fat cats that it isn't funny. He'll always have a place in your heart and you'll never really forget him. I lost a cat once to Kidney failure and I swear I still see her out of the corner of my eye. They'll always be there ready and waiting when it comes your time. Again my condolences.
VulturesMom
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Willowren on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Caramon. I lost my tiger stripe named Jasmine quite unexpectedly just last month to an aggressive pancreatic cancer that overtook her. It's more than painful to lose something that has become so completely part of your life. I'm glad that Caramon can live on in Snooch, and he still has quite the legacy to leave.
Willowren
Junior Keenspotter

Postby kwas on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:26 am

Damn. Just read the news :-(

Kudos to Caramon!

cu, w0lf.

ps: I dont want to think about what would happen if Nemo would die. Hopefully he'll be living have a long and prosper life.
kwas
Junior Keenspotter

Postby LifeSavor on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Im sorry to hear about your loss, I just thought I'd say that if, somehow, instead of a kidney-related failure.. Caramon suffered from a liver related failure [from too much alcohol or something :rootbeer: ], then it'd be.. I duno. A little better? :-?

I duno. Just thought I'd attempt to respond to this tragedy with some humor. :oops:
LifeSavor
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ironbandit on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Great woe in the passing of Caramon, but as it is said, all good things must come to an end. However, Caramon will always be remembered as the embodiment of Snooch. Kidney failure, eh? Where did Snooch's desire for all things alcoholic stem from? If Caramon imbibed it may well have contributed to his demise, but he passed on as happy as he could be, under the circumstances. He will live on in the comic, as long as you keep creating them.

I lived for a time with 2 cats of similar behavior, the first was a Siamese/mix and the second MUST have had Maine Coon blood. The townhouse resounded whenever Maximillian("Max") leaped off of the bed upstairs. Never experienced those cats marking anything out of the ordinary, altho' I did have to build a plexiglass pan/surround for the litter pan, due to Max's practice of standing up while relieving himself.

I found your comic about 2 weeks ago, and have caught all of the way up now. I cast a vote for you at TopWebComics each and every day. Now that I've caught up here, it is time to do the same with more than 2 dozen others that I found thru TWC and The Dreamland Chronicles. Keep flyin', stay shiny!
ironbandit
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Akasa on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:49 pm

I just wanted to drop a line and offer my condolences for loosing Caramon. I know you will think of him for years to come and the memories will pop up on occasion when you weren't ready for it. At least you have a tale of his shenanagins to look back on. Loosing a pet is not easy, but from what you made known he didn't suffer.
If I ever see you at another convention be expecting hugs.
Akasa
Junior Keenspotter

Postby risistor318 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm sorry this is quite belated. I have a habit of leaving the comic strip for a few months and then having a HUGE reading marathon. So you can imagine my shock and disbelief when I saw the tribute :cry:

I can't believe Caramon/Snooch died...

To Mel and James, my deepest condolences. I can only hope that you feel a bit better now. I'd also like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for deciding to keep on creating Two Lumps. You could've easily decided to cease writing it.

To dear Caramon/Snooch,
Thankyou for being such a wonderful source of inspiration. I and many, many fans will always love you! R.I.P mate;)

S. Charles
Australia
risistor318
Junior Keenspotter

Postby realmjit on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Unto Bast.

I lost my own blue DLH in september 2008. He was 18, and the only relationship I still have that predates him is my BFF. He saw me through several boyfriends and tough times. He waited for me while I went away for college. He is still my favorite baby.
realmjit
Junior Keenspotter

Previous

Return to Two Lumps