Something In The Way She Moves (3/12/12)

The place to let everyone know how well-read and sophisticated you are because you read Out There. Because, you know, it's that kinda strip. Sophisticated. And junk.

Moderator: rcmonroe

Re: Something In The Way She Moves (3/12/12)

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 am

4/4 strip, 1st two panels:

Is Sherry speaking from personal experience here?
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby furrykef on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:08 am

Well, now we know what that panel with Sherry the other day was about.
furrykef
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:57 pm

It would appear so. On the other hand, I'm not ruling out the other possibility. She could be having second thoughts for more than one reason... and if she is, maybe she's not ready to tell Chuck about the other. She may be somewhat in denial about it anyway.
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 pm

4/10 strip:

Maybe it's just me, but now it sounds like Miriam's speaking from experience. I think there are signs pointing to Miriam and Sherry having had some sort of affair in the past... Sherry took it more seriously than Miriam (as you'd expect), and still bears a scar or two from it.

Tell me I'm wrong, and tell me why! Otherwise, I'm sticking to it. (I'll probably stick to it either way.)
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby rcmonroe on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Hmmmm... nobody's arguing with you. I guess you must be right.

Either that, or everybody's dead. Is this a great forum or what?
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby diddledop on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:54 pm

The Strip from Friday, the Thirteenth (2012). Those first two panels - does anyone see what I'm seeing? :shifty: Clues: (time warp) (reminiscense) (origins) (John) (trip/journey).

BTW: Just where are "we" at this point in the Journey? And Miriam?
Somewhere between Truth and Lies lies reality.
diddledop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm seeing it… those first two panels are straight outta the first few months of Out There… if you substitute John for Chuck.

I don't know if RC intentionally did that to remind us of where Miriam was at when she first picked all of us up, but I'm inclined to think he did, because the final panel clearly demonstrates that for Miriam, the journey has been, in many ways, a circular one.

I feel sad for her all of a sudden.
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:55 am

Week of 4/16:

Another slab of insights into the Miriam/Sherry dynamic. Of course, I'm going to presume that Sherry's pronounced competitiveness/jealousy thing with Miriam is based at least partially on their quasi-dormant love/lust relationship.

I like how Sherry and Chuck are often portrayed lately in a very domestic setting, like they're already married. Would you ever expect to see Miriam sharing popcorn with whoever she's involved with?
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:54 am

4/19 strip:

Wouldn't you hate to be someone whose best friend always feels like she has to tell people you're not dumb?
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 am

4/30 strip:

Ari is the sexiest comic strip character ever.

I don't know what he just got volunteered for—and I suspect it's something horrible—but James is a lucky man.
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Tue May 08, 2012 1:19 pm

5/8 strip:

I'm wondering if anybody else is as sure as I am that the object that Miriam is either putting into that box or pulling out of it is a HANDCUFF.

I am so proud of myself for finding subtle erotic allusions in a strip where the characters are blatantly discussing the use of peanut butter during sex.
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ostracee on Wed May 16, 2012 12:24 pm

LadyGrinningSoul wrote:4/10 strip:

Maybe it's just me, but now it sounds like Miriam's speaking from experience. I think there are signs pointing to Miriam and Sherry having had some sort of affair in the past... Sherry took it more seriously than Miriam (as you'd expect), and still bears a scar or two from it.

Tell me I'm wrong, and tell me why! Otherwise, I'm sticking to it. (I'll probably stick to it either way.)

An affair with Sherry probably would have made the list of things that might bother Chuck, and the dialogue makes it clear that any references to Sherry are anonymous, which it really shouldn't be (since "an affair with a female friend" would be a hell of a disingenuous way to list "an affair with a woman who's my bff to this day, for whom I'm now tending bar").
Ostracee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Thu May 17, 2012 11:27 am

Ostracee wrote:
LadyGrinningSoul wrote:4/10 strip:

An affair with Sherry probably would have made the list of things that might bother Chuck, and the dialogue makes it clear that any references to Sherry are anonymous, which it really shouldn't be (since "an affair with a female friend" would be a hell of a disingenuous way to list "an affair with a woman who's my bff to this day, for whom I'm now tending bar").

I think it's an open question whether Miriam "should" spill the beans about a past affair, and either way her failure to do so is hardly compelling evidence that an affair did or didn't happen. Miriam seems to have a policy of not "naming names" (example). If Sherry, for whatever reason, prefers that their affair remains a secret, don't you think Miriam would honor that?
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DannyBoy on Tue May 29, 2012 3:43 am

Hmm, is that just a bottle of drink? Or something else that would make the discussion of special color and shape, etc., make sense in a different way?
DannyBoy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby rcmonroe on Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

It's just a bottle of drink.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to Out There