Marta Is Dead ("Snaphots" extra story)

The place to let everyone know how well-read and sophisticated you are because you read Out There. Because, you know, it's that kinda strip. Sophisticated. And junk.

Moderator: rcmonroe

Marta Is Dead ("Snaphots" extra story)

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:31 am

I'm not sure if this actually belongs in the "ask R.C." section… feel free to move if if it does!

I was thinking about the arc from a couple weeks back with Wally and Rebecca, and it got me to wondering whether or not Wally knows that Martha used to be a stripper… seems like if he does then that obviously would be one of the reasons he was infatuated with her, and it also seems like something he should have told Rebecca.

Well, hell… for that matter, does Miriam even know her mom used to be a stripper?
User avatar
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: Marta Is Dead ("Snaphots" extra story)

Postby rcmonroe on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:16 am

LadyGrinningSoul wrote:I'm not sure if this actually belongs in the "ask R.C." section… feel free to move if if it does!


I moved it to "announcements", because that's where I usually put book-related topics. Not that it matters much.

LadyGrinningSoul wrote:I was thinking about the arc from a couple weeks back with Wally and Rebecca, and it got me to wondering whether or not Wally knows that Martha used to be a stripper… seems like if he does then that obviously would be one of the reasons he was infatuated with her, and it also seems like something he should have told Rebecca.

Well, hell… for that matter, does Miriam even know her mom used to be a stripper?


Martha wasn't very proud of being a stripper, so it was a secret she kept as well as she could. She did eventually confide in Darlene (Wally's mom), but since Wally was a very young boy at the time, I can't think of any reason why his mom would have told him about it then or at any time afterwards. He doesn't know.

Miriam does. She didn't at the time, of course, but at some point later she found out. There was probably some drama involved. Anyway, that's the reason she has such an aversion to the idea of becoming one herself (as shown here here and here).
Image
User avatar
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am
Location: Out There

Re: Marta Is Dead ("Snaphots" extra story)

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:13 pm

I wondered why she was so dead set against the idea. Because almost everything else about Miriam screams "stripper" to me.

Would you rather not have people reveal the spoilers from your bonus stories? I just realized there's no reference to Martha being a stripper in the daily strip, only in the book. Sorry!
User avatar
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: Marta Is Dead ("Snaphots" extra story)

Postby rcmonroe on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:19 pm

LadyGrinningSoul wrote:Would you rather not have people reveal the spoilers from your bonus stories? I just realized there's no reference to Martha being a stripper in the daily strip, only in the book. Sorry!


Naah, you buy the book, you get to tell the world what's in it.
Image
User avatar
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am
Location: Out There

Re: Marta Is Dead ("Snaphots" extra story)

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:07 am

Good, I'm glad I wasn't stepping on any toes there. By the way, I loved that story. Martha is a great character; richly complex, very human. I feel like she could carry her own spin-off strip.
User avatar
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: Something In The Way She Moves (3/12/12)

Postby SAGG on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:36 am

Well, RC, I finally was able to buy one of your books! :D It's volume Five. I'm eager to read about Miriam's childhood, and see what made her into the neurotic, insecure nut she is today... :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:11 am

Re: Marta Is Dead ("Snaphots" extra story)

Postby rcmonroe on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:36 pm

LadyGrinningSoul wrote:Good, I'm glad I wasn't stepping on any toes there. By the way, I loved that story. Martha is a great character; richly complex, very human. I feel like she could carry her own spin-off strip.


Thank you. I wish I had time to do that spin-off strip; if I could I'd have one strip with an emphasis on Miriam and another for all the other characters' non-Miriam activities.

SAGG wrote:Well, RC, I finally was able to buy one of your books! :D It's volume Five. I'm eager to read about Miriam's childhood, and see what made her into the neurotic, insecure nut she is today...


Well done, lad. I moved your post here because it seemed more apropos (and because I COULD). Enjoy the book. I would highly recommend the fourth book as well. And the third. Perhaps even the first two.
Image
User avatar
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am
Location: Out There

Re: Something In The Way She Moves (3/12/12)

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:11 pm

SAGG wrote:Well, RC, I finally was able to buy one of your books! :D It's volume Five. I'm eager to read about Miriam's childhood, and see what made her into the neurotic, insecure nut she is today... :lol:


Well… what did you think of the story?
User avatar
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:27 pm

 

Return to Out There

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests