Three Babes And A Man (Wk of 6/20)

The place to let everyone know how well-read and sophisticated you are because you read Out There. Because, you know, it's that kinda strip. Sophisticated. And junk.

Moderator: rcmonroe

Three Babes And A Man (Wk of 6/20)

Postby SAGG on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:58 am

(From 6/21 comic) Sherry's a mess, isn't she? :lol: She's having a ball with Miriam! :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Three Babes And A Man (Wk of 6/20)

Postby diddledop on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 am

Some of the recent dialogue has been extremely interesting. It's like watching someone slowly solve the Rubik Cube and sensing they're getting closer to a resolution/solution. Yet, great progress can also be undone by a not-so-great mistake. I'm not exactly speaking my mind but how long can you burn a candle at both ends before the candle itself is nothing but melted wax?

Some storylines cry out for a conclusion. Sad to say this for those who love unending suspense. But I will tell you, folks, a book has to end somewhere. You can't write one without a final chapter. What do I mean by all of this? Well, what implications seem to say does not necessarily determine what is ultimately said when all implications are finally stripped to expose the final skeleton of reality.

And exactly what do I mean by that last conjecture? Hmmmm. I'm not so sure that that which appears to be is in fact ultimate reality.

Perhaps, I can get back to this subject at another time. Good day, good people!
Somewhere between Truth and Lies lies reality.
diddledop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SAGG on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:12 pm

diddledop wrote:Some of the recent dialogue has been extremely interesting. It's like watching someone slowly solve the Rubik Cube and sensing they're getting closer to a resolution/solution. Yet, great progress can also be undone by a not-so-great mistake. I'm not exactly speaking my mind but how long can you burn a candle at both ends before the candle itself is nothing but melted wax?

Some storylines cry out for a conclusion. Sad to say this for those who love unending suspense. But I will tell you, folks, a book has to end somewhere. You can't write one without a final chapter. What do I mean by all of this? Well, what implications seem to say does not necessarily determine what is ultimately said when all implications are finally stripped to expose the final skeleton of reality.

And exactly what do I mean by that last conjecture? Hmmmm. I'm not so sure that that which appears to be is in fact ultimate reality.

Perhaps, I can get back to this subject at another time. Good day, good people!

Um...what? :-?
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby diddledop on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 am

I am somewhat incapcitated at the moment. Upon finding my cap, I will attempt to capitulate upon this most capital subject. Let's face it, my brain needs a covering to protect it from the rain and from the pigeons who indifferently drop their elements upon my crown. Yes, soon, I shall expound and set the dogs free from the pound. When you hear the yapping of same and the gentle tapping of the Raven upon your windowed door, than I shall I speak thusly, Never MORE!!
Somewhere between Truth and Lies lies reality.
diddledop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SAGG on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Ahh, okay then. :-? (From the 7/1 comic) Anyhoo, Greg, Ginny will be angry with you over your little secret chatting with Miriam! You're assuming a lot, old boy! :evilgrin:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:33 pm

What he's saying is she won't be angry if she doesn't know (i.e., if he doesn't tell her).
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:14 am

rcmonroe wrote:What he's saying is she won't be angry if she doesn't know (i.e., if he doesn't tell her).

Oh. I thought it just seemed like what he was saying was that Ginny wouldn't be angry when he told her. So Greg would know that Ginny would be angry if he told her? That's even worse. :roll: Greg's keeping a secret, and he's now dragging their friends into it. Man, this has "inevitable explosion" written all over it...
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:21 am

SAGG wrote:Man, this has "inevitable explosion" written all over it...

We do that a lot around here.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby BiBBi83 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Uhm, shouldn't it be "Have fun you two."? Or is she saying it seperately to the two girls? :okthen:

Other than that, love this arc! Hope the poker will turn out better for Sherry this time. :D
BiBBi83
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby rcmonroe on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:08 am

No, you were right the first time. I've fixed it.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:15 am

(From the 7/12 comic) :o So. Miriam's dad was killed by a truck a week after he left them?! I don't know what was more shocking, that, or the way her mom casually explained what happened to him. :o Hm--maybe she hired the truck driver to do the deed for leaving them. It wouldn't surprise me... :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bredrin on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:39 am

The characters are addressing the distance that has grown between them. At what point (from the very beginning, when Mir started working there, etc) did you notice (assuming it wasnt an original plan) that these characters werent just having friendly banter, but that there was a real risk of ending the friendship?
bredrin
Junior Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:37 am

bredrin wrote:The characters are addressing the distance that has grown between them. At what point (from the very beginning, when Mir started working there, etc) did you notice (assuming it wasnt an original plan) that these characters werent just having friendly banter, but that there was a real risk of ending the friendship?

There are some changes in the various relationships that I plan out well in advance and some seem to sort of sneak up on me. I don't recall planning the Miriam/Sherry relationship becoming as shaky as it seems to have become. On the other hand Miriam might have a tendency to overreact and make things seem a little more dramatic than they are. I don't think there's much of a risk that their friendship is going to end, but it definitely has—and will continue to—change.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby BriGuy on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:25 am

Regarding today's strip:

Oh that's just...that's...Ari, tease doesn't begin to describe you. :roll: Poor James.
"In that book which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter that is the day when I first met you, appear the words 'Here begins a new life'." - paraphrased beginning of Dante's La Vita Nuova, read by The Doctor, Star Trek: Voyager
BriGuy
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Thrudd on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 am

Ari a tease? Maybe but more like she is getting comfortable in their relationship and knows just enough to surreptitiously yank his chain.
Its the equivalent of a sneak poke from someone in your friend zone.
Or is it? :grumble: Now I'm over analyzing .... :sleep:
Thrudd
Junior Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:31 pm

BriGuy wrote:Oh that's just...that's...Ari, tease doesn't begin to describe you.

Thrudd wrote:Ari a tease? Maybe but more like she is getting comfortable in their relationship and knows just enough to surreptitiously yank his chain.

Actually, I think you're both pretty much correct.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:26 am

rcmonroe wrote:
SAGG wrote:Oh that's just...that's...Ari, tease doesn't begin to describe you.

Thrudd wrote:Ari a tease? Maybe but more like she is getting comfortable in their relationship and knows just enough to surreptitiously yank his chain.

Hey! :D I never posted the "tease" thing! That's BriGuy's thingy! Don't drag me into this! :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:23 am

SAGG wrote:
rcmonroe wrote:
SAGG wrote:Oh that's just...that's...Ari, tease doesn't begin to describe you.

Hey! :D I never posted the "tease" thing! That's BriGuy's thingy! Don't drag me into this! :lol:

My mistake, sorry. I fixed it.

It did get you to comment, though.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:40 am

:lol: That it did! (I wonder if you deliberately baited me, now, RC...) :evilgrin:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:46 am

I didn't.

But I know how to now if I ever want to.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:02 am

(From the 8/3 comic) Um, Miriam--? I'll go out on a limb and say your mom's serious. :o Hopefully, this will be the beginning of the confrontation of Miriam's drinking problem... :nervous:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SAGG on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am

(From the 8/9 comic) Ah, John! :D I so do miss your classic take on giving advice, bar-tending-style! :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SAGG on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 am

(from the 8/10 comic) John, you're a wuss! :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SAGG on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 am

(From the 8/12 comic) I take that back! What I meant is, John, you're a mess! :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SAGG on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:45 am

(From the 8/15 comic) :o Well, we're certainly learning more and more dark secrets about Miriam's childhood, aren't we? At least she has a tepid excuse for her drinking, doesn't she? :nervous:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Next

Return to Out There