Isn't this the point where somebody usually goes on a trip?

The place to let everyone know how well-read and sophisticated you are because you read Out There. Because, you know, it's that kinda strip. Sophisticated. And junk.

Moderator: rcmonroe

Isn't this the point where somebody usually goes on a trip?

Postby diddledop on Tue May 31, 2011 4:17 pm

Well, is it? Yes, it appears that way, doesn't it? Three's company, perhaps? Odd couple plus mom? But tell me sincerely, isn't the odd couple really the "right couple?" No, don't answer that. I wonder whether I will live to see that question answered.

BTW, I am the Thread Starter this evening. Yes, I am He. At last, after an extended absence, I have returned victorious. I have started something. It is truly my Second Coming. The wheat shall be separated from the chaff and the Rice Krispsies.

Well, so we shall see whether this is indeed the point or not the point where somebody usually goes on a trip. We can only hope that the trip trips and the trippers trip without tripping. I hope to trip soon myself. If I cannot trip, I shall then remain in my cardboard box. This is where I live even beneath the rales and force of thundering weather rage. I am in a box in which the caged bird sings, the kennel keeper feeds me, my fish is fed in its bowl, and Rice Krispies with 2% milk is my sustenance, my very life. I depend upon this box. How I wish I could trip on a trip.

But it is safe here, this box, this place at the bottom of the world, this radiation un-proof cellar which I also share with mice and spiders who often go awry. Wryly so, I might add, and the denizens of my Kingdom slice my rye with bottle or bread or even peanut butter, the favorite food of the Outerlings from Planet Longfellow to the 8th Act of Space.

Forgive me, but please - let's revisit the original question at hand which I can neither articulate clearly, address nor answer. I rest my case within my case of cardboard walls and Gummy Bears. Thank you for "tuning" in while I drop out into the atmosphere and distengrate into the invisible UFO floating throughout the midnight sky in a lonely town in Brooklyn where losers never weep and forlorn lovers never sleep. I am one of them or both or none of them.

R.I.P. within the unequivocal dimension of cardiac electrical storms.
Somewhere between Truth and Lies lies reality.
diddledop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Isn't this the point where somebody usually goes on a tr

Postby DannyBoy on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:55 am

The suggestion of bringing Chuck on the trip did not yet deal with his history with Mir.
DannyBoy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby diddledop on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:51 am

Is John gay or not gay? Please!
diddledop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby toadpipe on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:06 am

diddledop wrote:Is John gay or not gay? Please!

John is very not gay. John is also, not attracted to Mir. Attraction for some folks (many folks) has very little to do with physical beauty. Can't blame him really, a relationship with Mir has proven time and time again to be a gigantic pain in the ass. Why even entertain the idea?

And for you who say "Just a fling wouldn't hurt..." read the strip from start to current again... yes, yes it would.
toadpipe
Junior Keenspotter

Postby diddledop on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:12 pm

My dear toadpipe, your point is well taken. Oft have I been threatened for not expressing an interest in every man's local favorite femme fatale. Sometimes it seems as though you are judged by your willingness to fake interest in women you're not at all interested in. And you're right, a pretty face, a fancy fanny, a bulging bustline - well, these attributes do not necessarily an attraction make.

Truth is, John really doesn't impress me as gay. It's just that this is a comicstrip and well, who knows? Anything can happen in a strip dependent upon the whim of the artist and his brush, etc.

Thank you for the considered response.
diddledop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby furrykef on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:20 am

John strikes me as completely and utterly asexual. Sexuality has to do with inulgence in sensory pleasure, which is something John is never interested in. He's happy with stuff like admiring nature and eating food. :P

And I think if John did fall in love with somebody to the point he'd consider a sexual relationship, I don't think he'd be the type to be bothered by something so simple as what equipment the other party was born with.
furrykef
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SAGG on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:12 am

furrykef wrote:John strikes me as completely and utterly asexual. Sexuality has to do with inulgence in sensory pleasure, which is something John is never interested in. He's happy with stuff like admiring nature and eating food. :P

And I think if John did fall in love with somebody to the point he'd consider a sexual relationship, I don't think he'd be the type to be bothered by something so simple as what equipment the other party was born with.

And I think Miriam sees John as some sort of Forbidden Fruit. He didn't go all ga-ga over her like other guys. The longer he doesn't show any interest in her, the more fascinated she becomes of him.
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DannyBoy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:14 am

I'm glad she said "best new friend" and not "new best friend".
DannyBoy
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Out There