Bride Goeth Before A Fall (Wk of 1/17/11)

The place to let everyone know how well-read and sophisticated you are because you read Out There. Because, you know, it's that kinda strip. Sophisticated. And junk.

Moderator: rcmonroe

Re: Bride Goeth Before A Fall (Wk of 1/17/11)

Postby SAGG on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:22 am

(From the 2/18 comic) Wha-ho! This arc's a month old! :o And what's this? Ari might be interested in James?! She's as screwed up as Miriam! :lol: Make up your mind, dear!
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ostracee on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 am

And James finally realizes what everyone else picked up on months ago...

Funny, two of the other comics on my trawl today were Penny (fiiiiiinally) making a move on Aggie and another strip's major male supporting character since '07 (and boyfriend of one of the female "big 4" for nearly two years) rather unexpectedly (not dramatically, but to us, unexpectedly) attests to being into men as well.

Something in the cyberwater today?
Ostracee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby furrykef on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 am

Ha, I knew it! James's reaction is also pretty amusing: he was basically trying to tell her she's not absolutely 100% gay, then when she actually says it, he's like, "Huh what?" :lol:
furrykef
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Misterpuff on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:46 am

OK Here We Go....

I assume we've seen the Bride, Now comes the Fall.....
Misterpuff
Junior Keenspotter

Postby SAGG on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Misterpuff wrote:OK Here We Go....

I assume we've seen the Bride, Now comes the Fall.....

Ah-ah, there! :D RC says his little arc titles have little to nothing to do with his arcs! Right, RC? :evilgrin: :rootbeer:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ostracee on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:31 pm

The last arc title carried the implication of strung-out cruisers... don't remember any cruisers, do you?
Ostracee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby toadpipe on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm going to climb out on a limb here but...

There is a reason Chuck lives with James, despite our very first impressions of James way early on it's likely that James is the single most standup dude in this strip. He don't hide, he don't bullshit, he calls it totally like he sees it, and he never ever takes advantage of anyone.

Something makes me think that James really likes Ari. Not in a "man I wanna get with her" kind of way. I'm betting he's going to be flattered by the offer but decline. He's going to think he sees the bigger picture that Ari is just feeling all lonely and nesty after all the intense emotion of the wedding and her family yet they've gotten close so she's comfortable with him. He won't want to risk that on a maybe moment. He may even sleep in the same bed as Ari, but with his back to her, not wanting to seem like a total jerk and doing the "oh no way man, I'm on the floor" sort of vibe.

But Ari... She strikes me as the kind of person that isn't gay or straight, not even really bi, there is just certain human qualities (or combinations thereof) that she finds attractive and trustworthy. She'll take James' position as actually disinterest. But most likely she'll pine.

I'm totally projecting again aren't I?
toadpipe
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ostracee on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:35 am

Oy... this kind of alternation makes me expect they'll come back honestly dating... that's going to leave Mir and Rod kicking themselves.
Ostracee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:24 pm

toadpipe wrote:There is a reason Chuck lives with James, despite our very first impressions of James way early on it's likely that James is the single most standup dude in this strip. He don't hide, he don't bullshit, he calls it totally like he sees it, and he never ever takes advantage of anyone.

James certainly has taken advantage of Chuck… there have been several references in the strip to his borrowing money and not paying it back. He also has admitted to "serving himself" while working at Sherry's (at least he admits it). But hey, nobody's perfect—and aside from that, your analysis of his character seems pretty close to the mark to me.

As for what's going to happen re: James and Ari—that, of course, is a question the strip itself will answer.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:21 am

(From the 2/24 comic) Does this mean we'll finally see James without his shades? :D
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SAGG on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 pm

(From the 2/25 comic) Hmmm...Miriam (and John) living separate from Sherry. Could be an earth-shattering moment in the history of Out There, RC. Could splitting the main characters like that be a bit of a challenge to you somehow? :shifty: :D

And--hey! If Miriam and John share the same place, she'll still be judged by a "bitchy" roommate when she brings a guy around, won't she, albeit a tad quieter? :lol: (That should make any guys with Miriam uncomfortable and jealous seeing John there) :evilgrin:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Serge Stiles on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:35 pm

I KNEW IT AND I THINK I LIKE IT

Also GLASSES OFF. If I was her I'd have taken a picture immediately as proof
What he did not know then is that sometimes an appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
Serge Stiles
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby toadpipe on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:14 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, that was such a cute way to go about it.

And also, completely failed to call it.
toadpipe
Junior Keenspotter

Postby SAGG on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:38 pm

(From the 2/26 comic) Mild bit of a intense make out scene there. :oops: :evilgrin: Heh--so he did take off his shades, if only for a instant! :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DannyBoy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:53 am

And Ari without sox? That should be nice!
DannyBoy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SAGG on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:17 pm

It seems to me when I think about it, Miriam should have quietly taken the initiative (after consulting with John) to look for a place on her (their) own, as opposed to going to Sherry and making her feel guilty. :roll: But's that's our Miriam! :lol:

Hadn't read you for awhile, RC. Pretty busy, eh? :)
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:52 pm

I've got the flu. I'm in and out of feverish delirium.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:46 am

rcmonroe wrote:I've got the flu. I'm in and out of feverish delirium.

Aw, geez, that sucks. :( Man, I'm sorry. I'm glad I haven't had it yet. Give me a cold anytime. Well, make sure to change those bedsheets daily to keep them fresh from the flu germs, and I'm sure you know about the other ways to keep up your strength. Take care of yourself.
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DannyBoy on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:05 am

New chapter? Keep those home fries burnin'.
DannyBoy
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to Out There