Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

The place to let everyone know how well-read and sophisticated you are because you read Out There. Because, you know, it's that kinda strip. Sophisticated. And junk.

Moderator: rcmonroe

Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby SAGG on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:22 pm

"Infection"? Hm. I don't like that word... :-?
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:11 am

Re: Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby rcmonroe on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:58 pm

You know these chapter titles usually don't mean much, right? I usually choose a title that's a play on words, or a song lyric, or something, and often it only has a marginal connection to what's actually going on in the comic strip.

Don't worry, I'm not about to go into a venereal disease storyline.
Image
User avatar
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am
Location: Out There

Re: Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby furrykef on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:36 am

Of course not. That'd imply giving your characters sex lives. :P
furrykef
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2001 11:00 pm

Re: Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby SAGG on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:43 am

rcmonroe wrote:You know these chapter titles usually don't mean much, right? I usually choose a title that's a play on words, or a song lyric, or something, and often it only has a marginal connection to what's actually going on in the comic strip.

Don't worry, I'm not about to go into a venereal disease storyline.


Actually that never occurred to me, but I appreciate the thought, RC. :lol: I was thinking along the lines of "Somebody's done something to get themselves into trouble, and it's affecting the others in some way", hence, "Infection". :evilgrin: :rootbeer:

P.S.: Or is that "affection"? :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:11 am

Re: Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby rcmonroe on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:01 pm

furrykef wrote:Of course not. That'd imply giving your characters sex lives. :P


Someone could have picked one up off a toilet seat.

Wait, that would imply that they ever go to the bathroom.

SAGG wrote:I was thinking along the lines of "Somebody's done something to get themselves into trouble, and it's affecting the others in some way"


If Miriam were in trouble, you can bet she'd make sure Sherry was affected in some way. And probably John, too.

But no, nobody's in trouble. It's just a staff meeting. If you've ever been to one, you know that the worst trouble you're likely to get into is you'll die of boredom.
Image
User avatar
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am
Location: Out There

Re: Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby SAGG on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 pm

rcmonroe wrote:
furrykef wrote:Of course not. That'd imply giving your characters sex lives. :P


Someone could have picked one up off a toilet seat.

Wait, that would imply that they ever go to the bathroom.

SAGG wrote:I was thinking along the lines of "Somebody's done something to get themselves into trouble, and it's affecting the others in some way"


If Miriam were in trouble, you can bet she'd make sure Sherry was affected in some way. And probably John, too.

But no, nobody's in trouble. It's just a staff meeting. If you've ever been to one, you know that the worst trouble you're likely to get into is you'll die of boredom.


Of course. I keep forgetting that this is Out There, the "Seinfeld" of web comics, where this is a comic about nothing. :lol: :rootbeer:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:11 am

Re: Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby rcmonroe on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:18 pm

And damn proud of it.
Image
User avatar
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am
Location: Out There

Re: Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby furrykef on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 am

Nahh. Out There is much better than Seinfeld. :)
furrykef
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2001 11:00 pm

Re: Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby rcmonroe on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:59 am

Yeah… he can't even draw.
Image
User avatar
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am
Location: Out There

Re: Staff Infection (Wk of 12/6)

Postby SAGG on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:46 am

(From the 12/11 comic) Heh--why do I suddenly think Miriam will go another route and try to have Sherry hire Steven to do a singing gig at her bar? Lounge singer, anyone? :lol: :rootbeer:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:11 am

 

Return to Out There

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest