Keeping It Clean (Wk. of 11/1/10)

The place to let everyone know how well-read and sophisticated you are because you read Out There. Because, you know, it's that kinda strip. Sophisticated. And junk.

Moderator: rcmonroe

Keeping It Clean (Wk. of 11/1/10)

Postby Ostracee on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Ooh, should not blow-dry with hair above the neck.

...then again, I guess if that's the look you're going for...
Ostracee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Keeping if Clean (Wk. of 11/1/10)

Postby Ectobandit on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:45 pm

I don't know about that. Some hair (like mine) is short, but takes FOREVER to dry, and I don't have that kind of time in the mornings especially since I need to style it afterward. If Steven uses product to keep his hair messy, like a pomade or something, he wouldn't want to apply that to wet hair if he needs to be somewhere. (Unlikely, I know, but whatever.)
Ectobandit
Junior Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:56 am

Ostracee wrote:Ooh, should not blow-dry with hair above the neck.

I've never heard of this. But it's been almost two decades since I had enough hair to warrant using a blow-dryer, so I gotta claim almost complete ignorance on blow-dryer protocol.

In Steven's case, I figure he probably puts some kinda crap in his hair to make it appropriately rock n' roll-y, but I don't really know. There are certain aspects of the characters' back stories or side stories that I have a handle on, and the rest falls into the "It doesn't really matter" category.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:53 am

rcmonroe wrote:
Ostracee wrote:Ooh, should not blow-dry with hair above the neck.

I've never heard of this. But it's been almost two decades since I had enough hair to warrant using a blow-dryer, so I gotta claim almost complete ignorance on blow-dryer protocol.

In Steven's case, I figure he probably puts some kinda crap in his hair to make it appropriately rock n' roll-y, but I don't really know. There are certain aspects of the characters' back stories or side stories that I have a handle on, and the rest falls into the "It doesn't really matter" category.

:lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Keeping It Clean (Wk. of 11/1/10)

Postby SAGG on Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:04 am

(From the 11/6 comic): :o Deg, Miriam! Are you that lonely for affection?! I guess Steven couldn't care either way, could he?! :roll: :shifty:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Serge Stiles on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Ari's face in the last panel looks like John, LOL
What he did not know then is that sometimes an appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
Serge Stiles
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Serge Stiles wrote:Ari's face in the last panel looks like John, LOL

Sometimes the characters you need for a specific scene are off shooting something else or stuck in rehab, so you have to ask one of the other characters to stand in for them. Some are more willing to help out than others. John's just that kinda guy.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby diddledop on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:30 am

Mir's smoking is a breath of fresh air for me! Thanks for not being PC. This world is over-saturated with rules, regs, restrictions, roadblocks, rodents, ruts, rodundities but very few rubber ducks. Why this financial imbalance, this Watusi, this Twist? There must be answers assured for questions never asked! I demand to experience the resolution of the pipe in which its tobacco has turned to ash!! I must implore you to adore the mix of the non-existent and the reality of sensory illusion.

Have I further to add? I am further from addition than I am subtraction. If God so wills, I will. If Death beckons, I will waive my waivers. If a countenance is of a smile and a quip, so shall the air of a facial gesture innocently subside into the unspoken well of both mute shock and unverbal impassivity.

If you must burn tobacco, I must inhale it. If you fill my glass, I shall drink. If you slaughter the hog, I shall both eat and weep, and consider myself to be his rightful heir in the process of desiccation and dissection via dental exertion and toothful deliberation. I shall dibble my bait quietly and wait for the fish to bite. Perhaps, I will set it free.

To be or to let a room! If only a tenant would arrive soon. Perhaps, I am that tenant. With a frame of today's strip on the wall.

Peace. It is too early the morn for me to perform such as this. Words that are completely out of place are being written. Surely it is chance that writ so large thusly. Have I come to the final decrease of alloted space? Amen, I have!
Somewhere between Truth and Lies lies reality.
diddledop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby orfeo on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:59 am

I've been meaning to say this for some time, and now seems as good as any:

Garsh, RC, you shore do draw some purty girls!
orfeo
Junior Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:58 pm

orfeo wrote:Garsh, RC, you shore do draw some purty girls!

Whah, thank yuh verah much!
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:06 am

I wonder if Miriam should, you know, let Sherry know that she wants to moonlight, especially at a possible competitor's bar? I think it's only right, right? :rootbeer: :shifty:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:54 pm

SAGG wrote:I wonder if Miriam should, you know, let Sherry know that she wants to moonlight, especially at a possible competitor's bar? I think it's only right, right? :rootbeer: :shifty:

Sherry was aware of it the last time Miriam went looking for a second job, she didn't seem too concerned about it then. Portstown's a big enough burg; if Miriam's worked in another bar across town that bar would not be competing with Sherry's in any practical sense.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:39 am

(From the 10/26 comic) John's looking more and more like Grizzly Adams, isn't he? :lol: I fondly recall him once being bald and clean-shaven when Miriam first met him. RC, I've noticed that you're one of the few artists who make subtle, incremental changes to your character's appearances over time. Is there a reason for that? :D :rootbeer:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby diddledop on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:43 am

Will John perhaps playfully wrestle a bear or attempt to train a monkey at this point? :shifty:

I hope this is the case. :D

While I'm on topic, will you please consider entering an elephant or possibly a mouse or meeses into the strip? BTW, I do not hate "meeses to pieces." I favor their existence and putative rights or privileges within the scheme of things within the universe post whatever.

Yes, it is a day past Thanksgiving. The cuckoo bird announces thusly while the Raven quoteth what the bird said before being eaten, that is "Nevermore."

Well, it's good I imbibed 2 full cups of butter rum coffee with a generous helping of Half and Half. The remainder of my dining experience this a.m. will be entered and embedded into and inside my Superman-style archives which are located within a snow-covered mountain within a planetary zone I shall not reveal. Suffice it to say, I left my wings somewhere there and cannot locate them. Yes, being Superman does not necessarily equate with the possession of a Superman style memory.

Bring on the bears and monkeys! Thank you.
Somewhere between Truth and Lies lies reality.
diddledop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:53 pm

SAGG wrote:I've noticed that you're one of the few artists who make subtle, incremental changes to your character's appearances over time. Is there a reason for that?

I'm wondering why I'm one of the few, rather than one of the many. Most people (in real life) change their look somewhat every now and again. Especially women—how many women do you know who keep the same hairstyle for years and years?

Having everybody stay the same in the comic strip would not only be unrealistic, it would be boring. It seems appropriate to me for the characters to change hairstyles at least as often as they change boyfriends (well, maybe not Miriam).
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Return to Out There