Steven's Shot (Wk of Jan. 4)

The place to let everyone know how well-read and sophisticated you are because you read Out There. Because, you know, it's that kinda strip. Sophisticated. And junk.

Moderator: rcmonroe

Steven's Shot (Wk of Jan. 4)

Postby SAGG on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:35 am

(Jan. 7th comic) :o Whoa. I thought something would happen to give Miriam pause because it seemed too easy for her to dump Steven like that, but I did not see this coming. Still, it seems like a desperate, wild (or shrewd) "shot" on Steven's part. :evilgrin: It now seems too easy for him to simply drop his dream for Miriam. I think he's up to something, possibly buying time to somehow convince Miriam to come back to him in some way. For the moment, it seems to have worked... :roll:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Steven's Shot (Wk of Jan. 4)

Postby furrykef on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 am

I don't think Steven's like that. It's always seemed to me that he has the best of intentions, but he's socially inept, and he kind of doesn't grasp the concept of monogamy. He and I are actually alike in that respect. :lol: He and I also play guitar, and from time to time I have relatively wild hair. The similarities probably end there, though.
furrykef
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SAGG on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:27 pm

furrykef wrote:I don't think Steven's like that. It's always seemed to me that he has the best of intentions, but he's socially inept, and he kind of doesn't grasp the concept of monogamy. He and I are actually alike in that respect. :lol: He and I also play guitar, and from time to time I have relatively wild hair. The similarities probably end there, though.

It's difficult not to see Steven like that. Look at it this way: The man's giving up his dream of singing in a band for Miriam. What's he going to do to make anything even remotely close to making this thing we call "money"? And I'm sure you're not going to tell me that they'll both have their love for each other to live on. Uh-uh, I don't see that. :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:56 am

SAGG wrote:The man's giving up his dream of singing in a band for Miriam.

http://www.outtherecomic.com/d/20090227.html

Steven's band breaks up every so often, but then reforms when he or they get desperate. So he's not so much giving up his dream as putting it on hold for awhile.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:03 am

rcmonroe wrote:
SAGG wrote:The man's giving up his dream of singing in a band for Miriam.

http://www.outtherecomic.com/d/20090227.html

Steven's band breaks up every so often, but then reforms when he or they get desperate. So he's not so much giving up his dream as putting it on hold for awhile.

Which means Miriam's not off the hook, right? :) Steven's going to have to choose when the urge (or the band) comes to him to sing again. What then for Mir? :evilgrin: :rootbeer:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Out There