Who Are You? (Whoo-whoo, whoo-whoo)

The place to let everyone know how well-read and sophisticated you are because you read Out There. Because, you know, it's that kinda strip. Sophisticated. And junk.

Moderator: rcmonroe

Re: Who Are You? (Whoo-whoo, whoo-whoo)

Postby TBonDc on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:46 am

1) 30
2) Male
3) Denver, CO
4) Organizer
5) Married last year after a short 12 year courting - no children and probably not going to have any
6) Personally, I read Out There because I caught a picture of Miriam laying on a bar, obviously drunk. I'm still a man, married or not, so I go "Women, drunk on bars? Sure." While I read it I realized in an odd fashion, I relate to a few of the characters. Being about Miriam's age, I understand a lot of her turmoil. I think I'm best described as a mix of Sherry and Miriam, both past and present. The trip they take is fantastic and the characters they interact with....equally so. It helps I bartended for a significant portion of my adult life in several cities, so I can relate with both the business side that Sherry deals with and the more free lifestyle Miriam leads.
TBonDc
Junior Keenspotter

Postby rcmonroe on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:22 pm

soopergrape wrote:OK rcmonroe, your turn-or point me to a link that tells about you.

Well, let's see, I draw a comic strip called Out There.

Yup, that's pretty much it.
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby rcmonroe on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:25 pm

By the way, thanks to everyone who's posted; you all have such interesting lives. I'm quite fascinated to see what a diverse group of people read Out There (although you do all seem to have one thing in common—impeccable taste in comic strips).
rcmonroe
Keenspot Despot

Postby AshiHalfangel on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:48 am

1) 25 (will be 26 in april 19)
2) Female
3) Illinois, USA
4) Hostess, but might as well be unemployed with the hours they give me.
5) Engaged. No children.
6) I love webcomics, I like reading and used to do a little bit of writing (I get so much writers block that it's not funny), I love theatre, chocolate, literature, my aspirations in life: Move to Canada with my fiance in August, get at a job that has me work for more than 2 hours, get married, get a steady job. (Would love to work at the library as an assistant or something) oh yeah...and maybe when I'm a little settled financially, we can throw in a kid. XD
AshiHalfangel
Junior Keenspotter

Postby tazers on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:57 am

1) 17 (which I believe makes me the youngest one here, ha ha)
2) Male
3) New York
4) I work at Five Guys (Burgers and Fries)
5) Single, no children
6) Well I think I found Miriam sleeping on the top of Questionable Content (another "boring" comic that's just about people and their daily lives, which I really enjoy for some reason (although QC is obviously a little more involved and less realistic)), and somehow I clicked her and bam there was this huge comic. I plowed through it in a week, and got really caught up in all the characters and their scenarios. I almost get the feeling that everyone in the comic could be a real person somewhere, and that I could connect (if not entirely relate) with them. Also for other web comics, I read SMBC and PFSC for my silly/dark humor addiction, and Dinosaur Comics and Cat & Girl for being really clever. I do also read others.
Let's see what do I do... I love listening to music, hanging out with friends, playing video games, and drawing (badly)... I'm going to be a senior in high school this year, and I hope to go to college for accounting... I'm not sure if I believe in much, certainly nothing religious, but I believe in people. I think most are inherently good, and I trust people easily (for better or worse). Also, the best piece of advice I have ever gotten is 'you can't learn from a mistake you've never made'

Wow that ended up being longer than I expected muahaha
tazers
Junior Keenspotter

Postby orfeo on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:57 am

1) Your age.
2) Your gender.
3) Where you live.
4) Your occupation.
5) Your marital status and/or whether you have children.
6) Whatever else you feel like telling me that may give me some insight on the type of person who reads Out There (e.g., hobbies, interests, aspirations, beliefs, etc.).

1) 29 next week (and I'm stopping there! Next year is the 2nd annual 29th!)
2) Male
3) Columbus, OH
4) Business Owner/Computer Repair Technician
5) Married, no kids yet
6) I fix computers for a living, but I'm also really into food and cooking. I read a few other comics... among them are Dinosaur Comics, SMBC, Wondermark, and a really great one I just discovered called Pictures of You. I was never the free-spirit, night-life type, but I think that's what draws me to Out There. I can relate to Sherry with the business-owner aspect and with her trying to help Miriam because I've had friends like her.
orfeo
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ectobandit on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 am

1) I'm 19
2) Got's me a pair of ovaries
3) I live near San Francisco
4) I work at Macy's
5) I'm not married, but my boyfriend of over 2 years and I are going to be moving in together soon
6) Erm, I'm not really sure what else to say =\ I'm kind of bad at talking about myself.
Ectobandit
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mimiii on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm 17! (also a youngie)
I'm female.
Live in New Zealand.
I'm a student.
Single and childless.
I'm a web-comic geek, I love to paint, draw, read, and my parents tell me that I should spend less time reading comics and more time doing something productive. (I do productive things! I have become quite proficient in time-management). And every web-comic I read, I read straight from the beginning coz I don't like to miss out on things :D Yay!
Mimiii
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gehrheim on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:43 pm

1) 26
2) M
3) Houston, TX
4) Network Technician
5) Single, no kids
6) I'm a musician (guitarist, metal band), an apprentice leathersmith (making armor for renaissance faires), and one day hope to add drawing to my list of hobbies that I'm actually somewhat good at. I'm also fascinated by eastern mysticism and the study of human consciousness. Stumbled on this comic from a banner, and for the past week I couldn't stop reading it. Excellent character development, great storylines, and snappy dialogue...I was disappointed to hit the most recent comic today. I'll be following this comic for as long as you keep making it!
Gehrheim
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Anonymous#1 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:12 pm

rcmonroe wrote:I really wanna know…

1) Your age.
2) Your gender.
3) Where you live.
4) Your occupation.
5) Your marital status and/or whether you have children.
6) Whatever else you feel like telling me that may give me some insight on the type of person who reads Out There (e.g., hobbies, interests, aspirations, beliefs, etc.).

This information will be used for my own insidious purposes (i.e., a demographic profile to use in advertising the comic strip).

long time reader/lurker. love your stuffs - keep it up!

1. n/a
2. hotdoggin action
3. n/a
4. student (still) otherwise n/a
5. single and no children (hopefully never)
6. uhh. i cant really classify myself in any way, shape, or form, really. i enjoy chess, a good book, politics, comics, alcohols, and stale twizzlers. sorry, i just cant keep up with anything else thats going on :)
Anonymous#1
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Thrudd on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:14 am

1) Old enough to know better but still immature enough to still do it, even if the body says otherwise afterwards.
2) Male
3) 'ssauga, Ontario, Canada eh!
4) I work in the Pharma industry in QA and Engineering
5) Single and not a chance as far as I know
6) Geek/Nerd ... Science (Physics), SciFi & Fantasy in Literature and Film, Anime, Manga, Comic Books, Gaming (RPG, CCG, Board, electronic, etc), Electronics, Beer, Computer Tech., etc etc etc

I am what would be called a casual reader who reads web comics in binges. A mayfly with the attention span of a hyperactive toddler on a sugar/caffeine rush.
I have come across "Out There" years ago and have come back pretty much every time I get into the mood for Web Comics.
The comic has been consistent over the years and the characters have always been interesting and surreal.

Think of your comic as the web equivalent of a bar band - has a loyal and reasonably large following but doesn't make enough to make a living at it full time as yet.
Just need that one hit to make it into the general public's eye. :smug:

Now where's my beer? :rootbeer:
Thrudd
Junior Keenspotter

Postby LadyGrinningSoul on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:35 pm

1. Late 20's-ish
2. Female
3. Out West somewhere
4. None right now
5. Nope and nope
6. I read Out There because it is AWESOME.
LadyGrinningSoul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Magicwarlock90 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 am

1) 21
2) Male
3) San Angelo, Texas
4) Human Resources
5) Single, no children
6) I'm a powerlifter, lover of fiction and webcomics in general. I'm a gamer, psychology major, and read Out There because slice-of-life comics have the best characterization around, which is important for getting me sold on a story.
Magicwarlock90
Junior Keenspotter

Previous

Return to Out There