"Ask Danny" Questions

We're very crass and silly.

Moderator: Kell Hound

Postby WolfoftheWarMorse on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:45 pm

I don't know if this has come up else were but what it the story with the Bat Man Tattoo on is back, or is this something that will come in the story line?
Insert witty comment here

:Spleen:
WolfoftheWarMorse
Junior Keenspotter

Postby dsstardust on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:43 am

If Danny realy wanted to give up smoking, couldn't he ask Seth to alter his mind through the blood bond so he doesn't think about smoking?
dsstardust
Junior Keenspotter

Re: "Ask Danny" Questions

Postby Tri on Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Question for Danny (Beware: Doctor Who nerd):

Would you rather be a companion of the Doctor or the Doctor himself?
Tri
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Celtic Minstrel on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:23 am

A better way to phrase the above question:

"Would you rather be the Doctor or one of his companions?"
Image Image Image Image
Fire pentacle from xtremepyro; resized by Tyris
Gragak's inventory
Celtic Minstrel
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tri on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:19 pm

:P The message is still clear right?
Tri
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ShardZ on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:15 am

I know I don't see a problem with either one, but maybe there's some rule of grammar or syntax that I've forgotten. :) They both leave the unfamiliar reader clueless as to who either the "Doctor" or the "companions" are, after all.
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby Tri on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Doctor is a character from a show called Doctor Who which is from England. He travels through time and space, helping people, with humans/aliens/robots called "companions" at his side.

Which means, Doctor Who is awesome and better then most American shows on the air :P .
Tri
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Kell Hound on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:43 pm

heh heh, I didn't explain the air scooter during ask danny and I'm gonna do the same with the Doctor. However, i'm using the second version of the question becuase it's less wordy.
Could be worse; could be raining.

Sorcery 101
Kell Hound
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tri on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Yeah, maybe I should've word it better...*sigh*
Tri
Junior Keenspotter

Postby innit? on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:23 am

Maybe a dull question:

Why does Danny smoke around kids?

Yes he can't die from it and I'm not sure about werewolves, but his daugther doesn't have any special anti smoke genes, does she?
innit?
Junior Keenspotter

Postby joecool243 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:40 pm

I have a question for Danny:

What kind of training does it take to learn how to focus your aura for spell casting? (Use the flashcards! :D )

As for a previous question in this thread...

"what elements do acid, poison, lightning/electricity, and soundwaves fall under? or can you not control thease things?

can earth magic control certain metals and gems?"

Lightning/Electricity would probably fall under Air/Wind, since static electricity builds up in air and discharges towards an object with the opposite charge...(ie lightning strikes the ground)

Soundwaves are made up of vibrations as the energy passes through air so it would probably fall under Air/Wind.

Acid would probably a mixture of Earth and Water to be technical and scientifical about it since it would just be materials being dissolved....or you could be creative and figure out a Fire and Water combination such as a spell that could create water that could melt objects by heating them up to extreme temperatures, but why do that when you can use Fire alone or Fire and Earth to make magma to accomplish the same effect....

Poison could be done by Earth, Water, or Darkness. Earth can generate many hazardous poisons (ie Cyanide, Arsenic). Water can be combined with Earth or Darkness to make liquid or gas poisons. Darkness could be used by itself to poison someone with concentrated evil or a want to cause pain/suffering.

Earth would control metal and gems, since they are made up from the earth anyhow as many materials that are metals or produce gems are usually found in the earth....

Finally, the magic presented from this comic's method can seem to control nearly everything as long as you can focus on making it happen and giving your aura the proper instructions to do so.
Within all dwells darkness, waiting to ravage our souls. It is with courage and hope that we fight ourselves to maintain control, lest fear, loathing, and greed steal away the inner light that guides us.
joecool243
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Celtic Minstrel on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:28 pm

joecool243 wrote:"what elements do acid, poison, lightning/electricity, and soundwaves fall under? or can you not control thease things?

can earth magic control certain metals and gems?"

Lightning/Electricity would probably fall under Air/Wind, since static electricity builds up in air and discharges towards an object with the opposite charge...(ie lightning strikes the ground)
Or it could be Air + Fire.
Image Image Image Image
Fire pentacle from xtremepyro; resized by Tyris
Gragak's inventory
Celtic Minstrel
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby joecool243 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:25 pm

true, Fire and Air would probably be a lot easier way to make lightning, but it would probably fail if you didn't conjure the Fire component of the spell just right; if you manage to make it work then it would probably take less instructions than just using Air.
Within all dwells darkness, waiting to ravage our souls. It is with courage and hope that we fight ourselves to maintain control, lest fear, loathing, and greed steal away the inner light that guides us.
joecool243
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Fire Queen on Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:44 am

Ok Seth - are all vampires lucky enough to have one, or do you have to wark as much as ny human to gain you god-like body? :D :shifty:
Fire Queen
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Fire Queen on Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:45 am

Sorry. I cant type. at all. :oops:
My freinds told me Im not gullable, so Im not, right?

How'd he get in?
I dunno - intruder window?
hehe

Oh hell youre all gonna think im wierd now!!!
No wait... I AM!!
Fire Queen
Junior Keenspotter

Postby TheDeeMan on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Luckily nowadays most folks are fluent in "typo". LOL! :)

Dee - GAAK writer dude
THE CONTINENTALS. It's like Sherlock Holmes meets the 60's tv show "The Avengers" with a dash of James Bond for flavor.
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem ... series.php
TheDeeMan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Brisbane on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Something thats been nagging at me for awhile now: If Pat's unemployed, where's he getting his money for paying for the motel/hotel room he's living in or even anything else he might buy?
"Sail away where no ball and chain can keep us from the roarin' waves, together undivided but forever we'll be free."
Brisbane
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ryles on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Brisbane wrote:Something thats been nagging at me for awhile now: If Pat's unemployed, where's he getting his money for paying for the motel/hotel room he's living in or even anything else he might buy?

Pat's over 100 years old, so I figured he made money in his youth, but not a lot saved up, and is living in that sorta place to keep the money from running out too soon. That or maybe his wife left him some, either way I'm figuring he has savings from before. Unless Seth's paintings are that popular, I figure it's the same for him.
Ryles
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Kell Hound on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Ryles wrote:
Brisbane wrote:Something thats been nagging at me for awhile now: If Pat's unemployed, where's he getting his money for paying for the motel/hotel room he's living in or even anything else he might buy?

Pat's over 100 years old, so I figured he made money in his youth, but not a lot saved up, and is living in that sorta place to keep the money from running out too soon. That or maybe his wife left him some, either way I'm figuring he has savings from before. Unless Seth's paintings are that popular, I figure it's the same for him.

Seth kills a lot of people and isn't above taking the money off a dead body.
Could be worse; could be raining.

Sorcery 101
Kell Hound
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brisbane on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Ryles wrote:

*Smacks forehead* Dur!! I didn't even think about that. Was thinking along the lines of they might not have made tons of money seeing as they were doing their duties as mage/sorceress rather than being paid to hunt demons and such. That and he was Suryu's little plaything for awhile and who knows how that really worked. Figured most of the savings his wife might have had during that time and when he came back would have passed to their kids and grandkids.

Basically I always figured they lived modestly/meager-like (as Pat is now) so was all "How'd he get money." Occam's Razor defeats me yet again
"Sail away where no ball and chain can keep us from the roarin' waves, together undivided but forever we'll be free."
Brisbane
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Flowlen on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:14 am

Hmmm... How much of a secret is magic in Terra?
Stationary traveller searching a stairway to heaven
Flowlen
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Rein on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:56 am

Ooh, I have one that's been on my mind for a while, what is Ally's rant on religion (as Danny mentioned in the strip on 9/7/07)?
Rein
Junior Keenspotter

Postby En Requiem on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:11 am

Hello, Kell. Req here.

So, sort of a question for Seth:

"Why did you bloodbond to Danny in the first of places? Knowing you, it had to benefit you somehow if you did it willingly. Or was it against your will? Or is the motive...? -wink-"

-is shot- Sorry... Couldn't resist that last bit.
En Requiem
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gd86 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:53 am

Does being a werewolf pass on any canine instincts, like chasing balls, cars, growling when angry, side to side tail movement when happy?
Gd86
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Onasaki on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:08 pm

I have a question for Brad, in yang of the previous question of his favorite jedi. Who is his favorite -sith-?
Onasaki
Junior Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Sorcery 101