Warrens

We're very crass and silly.

Moderator: Kell Hound

Warrens

Postby Covertheworld on Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:27 pm

On the livejournal someone asked:
(Anonymous)
2006-08-09 06:25 pm UTC (link)
i just noticed that pat and ally have the same last name and they're both mages (well not now for pat) is it sheer coincidence or are they related

I asked almost the same question on the Questions thread (Now locked, boo-hoo!)

Re: Questions
Two parts silly : One part crass.
Covertheworld
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MathiasTolerain on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:07 pm

My gut reaction says that this is all circumstantial. That being said however, it does seem like a LOT of circumstance, especially considering how much Kel seems to like intertwined plots and stories.

Though, my skepticism still remains, the human brain is a top notch pattern finder, so much so that it can find patterns that don't even really exist. Also, it is important to remember that Kel created the bulk of this cast of characters to be around the same age - vampires aside. When this happens, there is bound to be some measure of circumstance like this.

The last name thing is intruiging... My vote is through marraige somewhere.
Frisbeetarianism: The belief that after you die your soul goes and gets stuck on the roof.
Reaver225 wrote:Ah cannae change th' laws of magic, captn! It'll take at least five minutes ta teleport tha wee fella!

Gan Xingba wrote:Hey, Getsuo, you have any more Christ crackers? Those things taste good with dip.
MathiasTolerain
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kell Hound on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:26 pm

Just to clear somethign up, when I say a Mage's line, it's a line that has existed for thousands of years (though the names have been altered by the mage concil over time to mage's don't get noticed for wierd last names) So because they have been around for thousands of year each line is very very big. Saying every mage in a line is related is like saying every person with the last name Smith is related.
Could be worse; could be raining.

Sorcery 101
Kell Hound
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Covertheworld on Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:16 am

Yeah, and there are probably non-mage people with the last name Warren too.
Sigh.
And I had it all figured out..... Alas, it was not to be.
Covertheworld
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kell Hound on Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:46 am

Well, I was just clearing up the fact that same line doesn't automatically mean related. You have a good amount of evidence so I think it should be discussed further.

.....Mostly because I don't want the forum to be terribly in active.

Sorcery 101
Kell Hound
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Covertheworld on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:07 am

Oh, well, in that case, I declare myself right, and you people need to either disagree or agree so as to make for the discussion instead of for the monologue (thereby making Kell happy, and we all want our comic creators happy, don't we? Happy comic creators make extra comics).

But maybe you shouldn't have revealed your ulterior motive.
Covertheworld
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby FinalDestiny on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:40 pm

Pat: Ally...I am your great great great great GRAND UNCLE!

Ally: NO...its NOT TRUE! NOOOOO!

pych.
"We do not suddenly fall on death, but advance towards it by slight degrees; we die every day."~ Seneca, Epistles, trans. Gummere

Kell Hound rules. 'nough said
FinalDestiny
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MathiasTolerain on Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:24 pm

FinalDestiny wrote:Pat: Ally...I am your great great great great GRAND UNCLE!

pych.

Pat: Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Join me, and we can rule the world of sorcery as half cousin twice removed, and third uncle once removed.

Ally:NOOOOO, I'll never join YOU!
Frisbeetarianism: The belief that after you die your soul goes and gets stuck on the roof.
Reaver225 wrote:Ah cannae change th' laws of magic, captn! It'll take at least five minutes ta teleport tha wee fella!

Gan Xingba wrote:Hey, Getsuo, you have any more Christ crackers? Those things taste good with dip.
MathiasTolerain
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kell Hound on Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:54 pm

MathiasTolerain wrote:
FinalDestiny wrote:Pat: Ally...I am your great great great great GRAND UNCLE!

pych.

Pat: Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Join me, and we can rule the world of sorcery as half cousin twice removed, and third uncle once removed.

Ally:NOOOOO, I'll never join YOU!

This conversation is hearby Brad approved.

Sorcery 101
Kell Hound
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Covertheworld on Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:01 am

That would be cool, but you would have to switch the parts to be accurate. Ally doesn't care about that sort of thing, but Pat does.

See, here is how I envision it....

Pat (making those cute angry/confused/angsty faces he makes): What? No! No great-grandchild of mine would be foolish enough to marry a monster.

*ZAP*

Ally: I told you not to talk about Brad like that!

Pat: It's all the fault of that stupid bitch! I knew I shouldn't have given my blessing to that marriage!

Ally: Oh, now you're talking trash about my great-grandmother? We're going to throw down!

Brad: This is so cool! They've been related all this time and never known it, just like Luke and Leia!

Pat: Just the sort of moronic statement I would expect out of YOU! I hope none of your MORON genes passed down to my great-great-granddaughter.

*things get bad for Pat*

(Envisioning this reminds me: Kell, you do some great work with facial expressions! They keep me coming back!)

I see that while you have provided an alternate relaionship for Ally and Pat you have failed to provide proof. I rule supreme!
Covertheworld
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Eagal on Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:21 pm

Pat (making those cute angry/confused/angsty faces he makes): What? No! No great-grandchild of mine would be foolish enough to marry a monster.

*ZAP*

Ally: I told you not to talk about Brad like that!

Pat: It's all the fault of that stupid bitch! I knew I shouldn't have given my blessing to that marriage!

Ally: Oh, now you're talking trash about my great-grandmother? We're going to throw down!

Brad: This is so cool! They've been related all this time and never known it, just like Luke and Leia!

This would be the part where both Ally and Pat zap the shit out of Brad

Pat: Just the sort of moronic statement I would expect out of YOU! I hope none of your MORON genes passed down to my great-great-granddaughter.

And here is where Pat should start running

*things get bad for Pat*

That's pretty much a given with the above insult

And Kell, love the art style, it rocks. The jokes are funny as hell too.
Oderint, dum Metuant
'Let them hate, so long as they fear'
Which FF Character Are You?
Eagal
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Warrens

Postby Tibbar_deGniw on Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:38 am

William did say that Pat already met his two great-granddaughters (http://sorcery101.net/d/20070808.html), and the only two people who are related (and in the same generation) that we know he met would be Ally and Rita.
Tibbar_deGniw
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Sorcery 101