Zortic - Lost in Space... for now

If parody has a name, it must be... Zortic! ('cause, let's face it, what's Mel Brooks done lately?)

Moderator: zortic

Zortic - Lost in Space... for now

Postby Hogan on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:42 pm

And with the latest and last strip, so far, Zortic and crew are lost to us... lost to us, the fans and readers...

Will we ever see them again? One can only hope, because Zortic has been a part of my internet life almost as far back as I remember, and definitely a part of my webcomic-world all the way from the beginning!

I think it was back in 2001/2002 I first came into contact with Zortic, around the time when i first started trolling around the webcomics I just had discovered at a break at work, and though I at the moment cannot remember it exact, Zortic was either the 1st of 2nd webcomic I read, fueling my desire for reading more, and spiraling me headlong into the world of webcomics that I later became my greatest hobby and a great part of my life.

But... though I found and read through all of Zortic in 2001/2002, it wasn't before in 2003/2004 I really started following it... at the time I got internet access at home. At that time I really started endulging in webcomics, and Zortic was among the first to read up on and bookmark permanently for checking out thrice a week, at the days of update off course!

And so I have been following Zortic ever since. It's wacky and spirited humor hooked me and enthralled me for so long. I didn't always get the parodies except for the most mainstream ones as I, here overseas, has been lacking the old series and shows so ofter parodied, and the newer ones that HAS been aired around here, lacked my attention. But I kept on reading, because the comic still gave me many a laugh and I enjoyed it, right to this, hopefully temporary, ending.
Off course I got the book along the way, to me there's only one thing that can make a good webcomic better... and thats reading it lying on the couch, with your feet up and browsing through the paper-pages.

So this is me thanking Mark, Zortic and the crew of the Entire Prize for many years of great entertainment. It has been great following your adventures with many a laughable momemtn, and I fondly remember the time I was given the privilegium of playing along with you on your merry travels and adventures I hope you once again will find your ways back to our world and screens.

Somewhere, an unwritten parody is calling out for you...

Now... off to enjoy ETI-PI in the meantime!
Seeing is believing... Describing is making believing!
My craziest project so far: The Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive
Off course, who can completely forget The Crossover Wars
Hogan
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Zortic - Lost in Space... for now

Postby zortic on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Hogan.

Wow, what a great send off, thank you VERY much!

Between that and all of the emails I've gotten, I'm really feeling the love and support. With the kind of response that I've gotten, I can pretty much guarantee that Zortic and the gang will definately be back in some way, shape or form sometime soon.

Thanks to everyone for all of the encouragement and appreciation.

Mark
Mark Mekkes
Check out ETI-PI, Zortic, Abby's Agency, Podwarp 1999, and the WCCAs
zortic
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Wheels on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:15 am

Can't wait to see how the crew of the the entire prize return. Don't be gone to long.
Wheels
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Murray M. Lee on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Sorry for the late response.

I was first told about the comic by Mark himself. It happened to be right at the shower scene, which took me by surprise. Starting from the archives however, I got a much better impression, and as time went on, I offered a link exchange, and he accepted.

I've been continuing to keep up with things here. Even as the comedic Trek RP I was in ended up in mothballs and the updates on my own website halted. It's a little sad to see things end after all these years, but better for things to be put on pause rather than continue on for their own sake.

Good luck with your new comic Mark,

Murray
Murray
A Writer's Block
- Science Fiction stories, jokes, and art
USS Freedom
The Misadventures of the wackiest ship in Starfleet (in hiatus)
Murray M. Lee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby atristain on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:34 pm

* Keep checking the calendar just to be sure it's not April 1st *

Why? Why does KeenSpot keeps doing this? Ending, losing or keeping on ethernal hiatus my favourite comics! :cry:

I know that I don't have to judge KS as a whole since it depends on the decision of its artists.

Too bad it means the end of another of my favorite Sci-Fi parody comics. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop... :cry: :cry: Looks like I'll have to get back to Station V3 to fill this void.

Well I'm not that old of a fan, but I really enjoyed it while it lasted. Let's thank Jeff Darlington (from GPF) for practically dragging me here. I don't know if I'll follow Mark, but I'll surely miss Zortic and I want to thank Mark for this piece of electronic art.
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby TheDeeMan on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 pm

zortic wrote:Hi Hogan.

Wow, what a great send off, thank you VERY much!

Between that and all of the emails I've gotten, I'm really feeling the love and support. With the kind of response that I've gotten, I can pretty much guarantee that Zortic and the gang will definately be back in some way, shape or form sometime soon.

Thanks to everyone for all of the encouragement and appreciation.

Mark

You're very welcome. And thanks for Zortic. AND for mentioning that it'll be back in the future.

Until then I'll keep checking out out ETI-PI. I've kinda got a thing for aliens, if you haven't noticed. LOL!

Dee - GAAK writer dude
THE CONTINENTALS. It's like Sherlock Holmes meets the 60's tv show "The Avengers" with a dash of James Bond for flavor.
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem ... series.php
TheDeeMan
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Zortic