So, what other webcomics are we all into?

All for Naught and Naught for All.

Moderators: NotoriousMEQ, damonk13

So, what other webcomics are we all into?

Postby TheSporkWithin on Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:46 am

Don't list 'em all, I know if you're like me you probably read dozens, just a few favorites.

1/0 by Tailsteak, Great surrealist strip, probably one of my favorite works in any medium. Similar to Framed in some respects, but where Damonk took the absurdist route with his characters and layouts, Tailsteak follows more philosophical and theological pursuits. It's been ended for a while, but you can follow his current work at http://www.tailsteak.com

Something Positive Crass, offensive, callous and cynical, S*P is one of the most well written and funny character driven strips I've ever found. Randy Milholland is a force to be reckoned with.

Sluggy Freelance Everybody knows this one, everybody either loves or hates Pete Abrams, I'm in the love camp.[/url]
TheSporkWithin
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ShardZ on Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:45 pm

I love these types of threads... so hard to find new ones, though.

Non-Keenspot:

Shades of Grey: An atypical version of the afterlife, as seen through the eyes of an angel... turned demon.

No Rest for the Wicked: Fairy tales with a new twist--darker than your usual Brothers Grimm-type fare. but with some wicked humor as well.

Sea of Insanity: Greco-Roman mythological figures in a modern urban setting. And the artist really knows her mythology, too. Very nice art from the beginning, but currently on a bit of a hiatus.

Bad Blood: *Warning for Mature content* A modern day vampire tale, about a fledgling who's trying to stay alive long enough to find out what happened to him, and why. (Some would say that vampires don't really need a reason, of course.) Another one that drew me in because of the art. Still undecided about the story, though.

[url=http://hellbenders.comicgenesis.com]Hellb
Last edited by ShardZ on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby Author X on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:14 am

Bob and George: the Comic Strip... yeah, okay it's a sprite comic. Hey, don't laugh! ...or... do... or something. Anyway, this is the sprite comic, and I like to send people there because it gets underestimated a lot. Y'know all those cliche sprite comic jokes that everyone whines about? Well, they were all stolen from BnG, when Dave Anez did them right ;) It does get off to a slow start, and in particular the first story or two seems really dated if you have seen the eleventy-billion rip-offs, but the truth is that Dave only gets better at writing as it goes on (and if you're like me at all, you just might appreciate the idea of a comic where the visuals are resoundingly lazy and the author has to rely on writing alone most of the time)
Besides... the BnG forum is my online community, pretty much, and I'm even staff there, so I gotta pimp the site ;) that's not the only reason, though, I promise.

Also, one more comic that really, really needs to be pimped everywhere (despite being very non-family-friendly) is Kagerou. I really can't describe this comic in any adequecy... just read it, trust me. It will blow your mind with its awesomeness. And pyschokinetic pyschopaths. And demonic dolls. And elder-race jailbait.
Plus, there isn't really much of a community to pimp (other than a livejournal group), but the artist is part of Studio Whipping Boy, which has a fantastic store. Really cool prints, but also random stuff like iron-on wings, anime- (and notably yaoi-)themed stickers, and my personal favorites... the bitches. I'm not even going to explain what they are, you have to look for yourself. But I will say that I have, like, 6. Including one of the artist plus a custom-drawn, commissioned Kagerou bitch.

....Kagerou is love.
So, as it turns out, after chatting with someone on AIM for a while, I now have a token gay friend. But it's okay! I'm his token jewish friend!
The internet - bringing minorities together like never before possible!
Author X
Junior Keenspotter

Postby damonk13 on Mon May 01, 2006 3:26 pm

I've listed all the comics I'm enjoying most on my front page, but I'm definitely grooving to the sounds of Goblins right now.

And of course, I was always a huuuge fan of Tailsteak's Master Opus.

And, well... aw, hell. I just love ALL comics.

That said, do you guys read any comics you think I may not know about that I'd totally junkify myself over?
damonk13
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby K-Dawg on Thu May 04, 2006 10:01 pm

Darken - Fantasy comic based on a DnD game the author played. One of my favourites right now.

Reckless Youth - A story about Claude, a man who will be the next messiah. Lots of humour, and a pretty great story.
K-Dawg
Junior Keenspotter

Inverloch?

Postby Fading Aura on Fri May 05, 2006 5:46 am

damonk13 wrote:That said, do you guys read any comics you think I may not know about that I'd totally junkify myself over?

You might not know about Inverloch. Its setting is fantasy, and the plot revolves around the quest of a young da'kor (a peaceful race that resembles a mix of goat, wolf and puma) to find the lost love of someone he might be in love with himself. The art's really well done and the storyline is top-notch. :D
"Well, as I understand it, dreams are meant to be pursued. Not just attained." - Zandarin Wilder, Galaxion
Fading Aura
Junior Keenspotter

Postby TheSporkWithin on Thu May 18, 2006 8:30 am

Oh my god. Kagerou is amazing... I'm up to like chapter 20 and... Jesus, this is incredible. Thanks very much for this tip. :o
TheSporkWithin
Junior Keenspotter

Return to (Naught-) Framed!!!