Not shy girl

A place to discuss deshive.com, the central hub for Dan Shive's (author of El Goonish Shive) projects. It has blogs, too! ...but no pool table :(

Moderator: DarkShive

Not shy girl

Postby Nodrog on Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:24 am

I suggest: Shannon Shy, a girl who does NOT believe in living up to her last name.

Two of the pics she's wearing that emerald necklace, so I'd expect it to have some significance to her, possibly magical.
Nodrog
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Not shy girl

Postby ravenb on Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:49 am

Nodrog wrote:Two of the pics she's wearing that emerald necklace, so I'd expect it to have some significance to her, possibly magical.

<nods> I came to that conclusion, as well.

And "Nodrog", eh? Any relation to the author of some rather well-written Kim Possible fanfiction? :D
"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant."
ravenb
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cameo on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:21 am

She actually LOOKS a little like Kim Possible.

The not-shy girl, I mean.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby DarkShive on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:45 am

I admit the art style is similar, but Kim possible has a round face, different eyes, pronounced lips, a different hairstyle, different hair color, complexion, thinner hips... a LITTLE similar she is at best.
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby ravenb on Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:48 am

DarkShive wrote:I admit the art style is similar, but Kim possible has a round face, different eyes, pronounced lips, a different hairstyle, different hair color, complexion, thinner hips... a LITTLE similar she is at best.

<nods> No argument, here. For me it was more an impressionistic thing than a direct comparison -- the Brunette seems to convey the general idea of "teenage heroine", and the style was close enough that it made me think of Kim. Apparently I wasn't the only one, either. :D
"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant."
ravenb
Keenspot Despot

Postby DarkShive on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:11 am

At least nobody here is claiming Hedge's hair (based on this comic) was stolen from Cloud of FFVII, which is very sadly a true story from college; I almost never use the term "moron", but I make an exception in that accusers case ^^;
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby Kraggi on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:43 am

She seems rather endowed for a teenage heroine. And if that's how teenage heroine's dress, I think I'm going to go get myself kidnapped.
Kraggi
Keenspot Deity

Postby DeaExMachina on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:41 pm

Kraggi wrote:She seems rather endowed for a teenage heroine. And if that's how teenage heroine's dress, I think I'm going to go get myself kidnapped.

I'd offer to do the kidnapping, but I don't think I could buy enough high resolution video cameras to make it worth while. :evilgrin:
This post is a Catgirl Respawn Point.
DeaExMachina
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tarzing on Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:41 pm

Heh I just had to turn the 2nd image into my desktop background. Just the right size to fit in the bottom-right corner which isn't smothered by desktop icon sprawl.
Tarzing
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nodrog on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:02 am

RavenB: Actually, yes. I'm glad you liked it...

-gah- Excuse me, my muse is busy trying to dream up what an El Goonish Shive and Kim Possible cross over would be like; probably Dr. Drakken trying to steal Tedd's TF Ray.

Ron would definately get zapped with the Venus form... of course, he'd probably enjoy it (considering his reaction to being in Kim's body in the show.)

Then Kim would get...

-sound of Nodrog ripping the keyboard from under his muse's fingers-

C'ya guys
Nodrog
Junior Keenspotter

Return to DEShive