MAR 30 (31?) Blog entry - I suggest Christine.

A place to discuss deshive.com, the central hub for Dan Shive's (author of El Goonish Shive) projects. It has blogs, too! ...but no pool table :(

Moderator: DarkShive

MAR 30 (31?) Blog entry - I suggest Christine.

Postby Grim Atescu on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:20 pm

Well, I do! She looks like a Christine to me.
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby ravenb on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:24 pm

I was thinking "Eve", myself. She's majorly hot, whoever she is. (I'm thinking teenage secret agent a la Kim Possible...)

Oh, and apparently she's a distant relative of the Dunkels, given the shark-fin hair. :wink:

Seriously cool, Dan. I'd love to see more of this character -- maybe even flash cartoons of her adventures...
"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant."
ravenb
Keenspot Despot

Postby DarkShive on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:24 pm

While a fine suggestion, I know WAY too many people named Chris or Christina, some of whom are related to me, to go with that ^^;
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby DarkShive on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:26 pm

ravenb wrote:I was thinking "Eve", myself. She's majorly hot, whoever she is. (I'm thinking teenage secret agent a la Kim Possible...)

Ok, that's just weird... I was considering "Eve" as well, but while liking the name, felt it'd probably be best to go with something else. The reason for "Eve" in my mind was that she's the first recurring character I've done in this style.
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby Kraggi on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:31 pm

*Drools*

*Shakes head*

I suggest Kim.

*Goes back to drooling*
Kraggi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Lomgren on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:33 pm

Nice style, and I see what you mean by not shy, heh. For some reason, the name "Ann" popped into my head, maybe short for "Andrea." Possibly also with the nickname "Andy" or something like that.
"Illustrious 'Lommy' Lomgren" - anti-paragon, "The Doer of Impossible Things" - Demonic Duck
(Got pulled in by the GPF guest strips. Read the archive in one night, getting 2 hours of sleep)
Image Image
Epic Patrol Bunny artist and avatarist, 12867 bunnypoints (version 2.8, Oct 31, 2006)
Image Image
My inventory ... Where I finished reading carrot..?
Avatar drawn by KillerFish, colored by me. Thanks!
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby whackamole2 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:34 pm

I think it depends more on her upbringing and background. She could be XANTHAR THE DESTROYER, or Ms. Claudia Boots II.
And why does the profile shot of her face look like Adult Link from O.O.T.? Is it the face shape? The hair color? The eye color? The scowl?
And, in the third shot, I note the good ol' "Freudian oral fixation." Gah! She was just sampling the icing!
AIM is also Skype SN.
whackamole2
Keenspot Despot

Postby Malachy19 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:34 pm

I can'y say no to thos egreen eyes :wink: . As for a name....IDK why, but Lilly?
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kraggi on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:35 pm

Ann, hey? Perhaps from her war thread namesake? They wear around the same around amount of clothes...
Kraggi
Keenspot Deity

Postby kumquat on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:39 pm

I say you break convention and name her Bob.
kumquat
Junior Keenspotter

Postby RandomBunny on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:41 pm

HEY DAN! I friggin' love Deshive. I don't know if you saw my topic about it in the main forum, but I love your Deshive art. Many many times more than your EGS art.

In fact, I frowned when I read the thing about Friday's comic being late, but was happier than I was when I thought the comic was going to be updated when I found out you posted more Deshive art.

What say you to that?! By the way, love the brunette.

P.S. I enjoy just looking at your Deshive art SO MUCH, I think I'll add Deshive.com to my webcomics section and check it regularly.
Last edited by RandomBunny on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomBunny
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mewtarthio on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:42 pm

I say we call her The Brunette. If you say it just right, it sounds like some ominous title like "The Stranger" or "The Kid": "Ye'd best be watchin' yerself; rumor tells that The Brunette is back in town askin' fer ye..."
Mewtarthio
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ravenb on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:43 pm

DarkShive wrote:
ravenb wrote:I was thinking "Eve", myself. She's majorly hot, whoever she is. (I'm thinking teenage secret agent a la Kim Possible...)

Ok, that's just weird... I was considering "Eve" as well, but while liking the name, felt it'd probably be best to go with something else. The reason for "Eve" in my mind was that she's the first recurring character I've done in this style.

<grin> YES! I have achieved mind-meld with the Shive-meister!

Okay, only for a moment, but still... :D

And hey, why not Eve? It could be the story of a teenage guy who transforms into a hot world-saving heroine with the aid of a mystical green gem (cleverly disguised as a choker necklace)! You could call it Eve 'n' Steven. :lol:
"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant."
ravenb
Keenspot Despot

Postby GetsLonely on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:48 pm

ravenb wrote:And hey, why not Eve? It could be the story of a teenage guy who transforms into a hot world-saving heroine with the aid of a mystical green gem (cleverly disguised as a choker necklace)! You could call it Eve 'n' Steven. :lol:

That is the only pun that has ever made me groan. Good one! :lol:
GetsLonely
Keenspot Despot

Location: Feeding the squirrel that sleeps in a box behind your house.

Postby RandomBunny on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:49 pm

GetsLonely wrote:That is the only pun that has ever made me groan. Good one! :lol:
Obviously you don't read Dominic Deegan.
RandomBunny
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Defenestrator on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:50 pm

Well, if I didn't know that EGS would die a horrible, slow, unupdated death, I'd encourage you to start a new comic in this style. I'm actually interested to see another comic by you, since I'd like to see something from you in a different style. The Batman picture made me realise that you're a real person with the ability to appreciate other genres.
On hiatus from City of Heroes due to lack of interest. (on my part)

Resident infidel bunny

Skepwnd!
Shepwnd!
The Defenestrator
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RandomBunny on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:52 pm

The Defenestrator wrote:The Batman picture made me realise that you're a real person with the ability to appreciate other genres.

Dan wrote:I'M A REAL BOY?
Anyway, I say drop EGS altogether, and start up a new comic in your Deshive style. DOO EET.
RandomBunny
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Defenestrator on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:55 pm

RandomBunny wrote:Anyway, I say drop EGS altogether, and start up a new comic in your Deshive style. DOO EET.

[vader]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/vader]
On hiatus from City of Heroes due to lack of interest. (on my part)

Resident infidel bunny

Skepwnd!
Shepwnd!
The Defenestrator
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ravenb on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:58 pm

RandomBunny wrote:
The Defenestrator wrote:The Batman picture made me realise that you're a real person with the ability to appreciate other genres.

Anyway, I say drop EGS altogether, and start up a new comic in your Deshive style. DOO EET.

:evil: SILENCE, HEATHEN! :evil:

Seriously, no other project is worth compromising the rich characters and storylines that Dan has going right now in EGS. If and when Dan is ever able to do his comics as a full-time job -- or at least with more free time than he's had lately -- then it would be reasonable to talk about additional projects. But EGS is a wunderkind among webcomics, and far too full of as-yet-unrealized potential to discard.
ravenb
Keenspot Despot

Postby Pixelnator on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:16 pm

ravenb wrote:
RandomBunny wrote:

"Bring out the pitchforks and torches! :evil: "
Pixelnator
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Finland Finland Finland. The country where i like to be.

Postby Jake R on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:20 pm

Pixelnator wrote:
ravenb wrote:
RandomBunny wrote:

"Bring out the pitchforks and torches! :evil: "

And don't forget the hot tar and chicken feathers!
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby GetsLonely on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:20 pm

RandomBunny wrote:
GetsLonely wrote:That is the only pun that has ever made me groan. Good one! :lol:
Obviously you don't read Dominic Deegan.

No, I've read all of Dominic Deegan, and several other punful comics, and quite a few pun threads on different forums. Those puns only made me smile.

I think it was mostly because I know of the Disney show by the same name, "Even Stevens" - mixed with my knowledge of Adam and Eve, and having watched a gay couple go to a halloween party dressed up as Adam and Steve. All of that came together to make me groan. :P
GetsLonely
Keenspot Despot

Location: Feeding the squirrel that sleeps in a box behind your house.

Postby Conina on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:58 pm

I'm not going to bother with all the quotage, but: INFIDELS! :evil:

My first thought upon seeing the Brunette in question was 'damn she looks pissed off' :D

I also like the goblin, and find the old lady kinda scary. Although now I look at her again, I'm not sure why...
"Sort of? Sort of the end of the world? You mean we won't be certain? We'll look around and say 'Pardon me, did you hear something?'?"

"I don't need a compass to tell which way the wind shines!"
Conina
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sqauto on Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:18 am

Conina wrote:I'm not going to bother with all the quotage, but: INFIDELS! :evil:

The nation of Svensylsquatostan is ready to drop everything else to make this person know the error of their ways. DAMN THE FACT THAT WE ARE AT WAR TO THE DEATH!

:evil:

Great work Dan. I, like many here would like to see something new by you. But not if you had to give up EGS unless you wanted to.

Dan wrote:The old lady is just my attempt to draw someone of a different facial / body structure; I have *ahem* a lot more practice drawing young, attractive women for some reason.

Well, you did have you priories in the right place.

:wink:
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby VOR on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:58 am

Hmmm...nameity name name...she looks like a Loren or a Lurie or a Lydia, but then I've got "L" on the brain, for some reason...don't really know why, other than that it makes a nice alliteration with "the lemur". Hmm...She's not shy...shyla? Sheila! ...no, she's not a tank. She's apparently in continuity with a goblinoid or two...which somehow made me think of Jeska. Been playing too much Magic, I suppose...Jessica? Jess? Jessie? This is too much fun...time for an alphabet game!

Alicia, Bianca, Cynthia, Doreen, Elaine, Felicia, Guin, Helen, Imhotep...ia?, Jenova, Kate, Lydia, Morgan, Natalie, Olga, Pandora, Quynh (means "Ruby" in Vietnamese, apparently), Rachel, Sweetcheeks, Taima, Ungoliath (Hush. I love Ungoliath, and wanna name someone after her), Veronica, Wren, Xantara, Yliss, or Zavaha might work...I need to visit baby name sites more often! They come in handy for the tougher letters...
"But first, I must meditate for a time." -Mahasamatman
VOR
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to DEShive