Welcoming Thread

A place to discuss deshive.com, the central hub for Dan Shive's (author of El Goonish Shive) projects. It has blogs, too! ...but no pool table :(

Moderator: DarkShive

Postby Maxlord on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:36 pm

DarkShive wrote:* note: Dan may or may not have any clue as to what it means to be kosher

* Homestar Runner definitely does not have a Stupid Uncle Egg.

Just reminded me of it.
(Level 3 Bunny with 500 or so Bunny Points)

I am the proud creator of the Bad Cow Song.
Everyone loves the Bad Cow Song!
(http://www.freewebs.com/maxsongs/badcow2.mp3)
Maxlord
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Deiwos on Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:42 pm

Oh, I should probably mention that I siggyed that. Although I have no idea why, but I guess I always tell people when I'm quoting them.
Deiwos
Newb pack, half bottle of immortaility infused water, instant gravy pack, emu, auto-cleaning label,
Ninja Tedd action figure, pinapple cheese, from Jasmine: Australian Style Hat that says, "Here, fishy fishy!",
a giant tub of chocolate, perma-melted, Chibi Jyrras Plushie from anti-paragon.

Current form: *Points at avatar* Jyrras Gianna

anthro-kangarro rat.. FTW -Alavaria
Moderator Powers Activate! Form of Thread Lock! -Berk
If you waste all your water, then you deserve to go thirsty. -sven8705

It's OK to be a little scared of the outside world... -Dan
Final warning... -Abel
But don't you worry widdle Abel-Wable... I'll protect you from all the mean old mall ladies! -Dan
... OK now I got to kill you. -Abel

From DMFA
Deiwos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Grim Atescu on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:20 pm

xyzzy_n wrote:P. S. Hot dogs and cheese by themselves can be kosher (though they usually are not), but together, they are not kosher under almost all circumstances. (Or so I understand after briefly googling. Ymmv.)

We have family friends who are Jewish, and it's not kosher to have meat and dairy in the same meal. So... either normal kosher hot dogs and non-dairy kosher cheese, or real kosher cheese and kosher soy hot dogs. Makes it... interesting, to say the least.
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby Demonic Duck on Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:26 am

DarkShive wrote:Unless the code makes the site look horrid in a browser, I consider it as kosher as a hot dog with cheese!

One for the extended profile, methinks ^.^
ProfessorTomoe wrote:One Duck to fool them all, One Duck to blind them,
One Duck to distract them all and make them look behind them.
[link]

Image Image
Image Image

Current form: Broccoli variant 5.
Demonic Duck
Keenspot Despot

Postby Pennergy on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:09 am

DarkShive wrote:If book 5 was the worst, I'm in for a treat reading the rest, because I loved book 5 ^_^

Oh, and for those who tried to visit earlier but couldn't, I accidently left these forums in "hidden" mode for 25 minutes after the site went live ^^;

It was good, yes, but others are better. Book 5 = angst. Book 6 = fan service. I'd recommend starting from the beginning...or if not, at least book 3 or 4.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion. Also, I know I'm commenting on this 10 days after it was posted, but, you know, just on the off-chance you happen to see it...

Oh, and HomerNet? POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING:
Call me crazy, but I still think Snape is a good guy. I think Dumbledore wanted Snape to do what he did for some unknown reason. Seems to me like Dumbledore's too bright to really trust somebody that much if they were totally untrustworthy...but this is probably not the place for this discussion!
Pennergy
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Blue_Cherry on Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:57 pm

Pennergy wrote:Oh, and HomerNet? POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING:
Call me crazy, but I still think Snape is a good guy. I think Dumbledore wanted Snape to do what he did for some unknown reason. Seems to me like Dumbledore's too bright to really trust somebody that much if they were totally untrustworthy...but this is probably not the place for this discussion!

Probably true:

My Response wrote:Dumbledore's always right!! He wouldn't trust anyone, right? He saw through Voldemort when he was young, so, won't he do the same with any other guy?
Blue_Cherry
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to DEShive