"Now What"

Suck On That.

Moderator: Starline

"Now What"

Postby aorta321 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:45 pm

God I just hate Linda's not caring about Candi here....she has the nerve to ask about alex's feeling about candi but what about her? she is her roomate and used to hate his guts...urgh shes exasperating
aorta321
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby redtenko on Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:32 am

Alex has been in the same relationship for a number of years now, one that has grown incresingly stale for him. He's intrested in another woman and wants to go with it. Linda has no moral compas or self control.
"Raya, I'm on an agenda for character depth."
"Okay, faggot."
"Well...that about completes your analysis."
redtenko
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Emmalyn on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:45 am

I think what he means here is, "I'm worried about Candi finding out."
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
~Albert Einstein
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
~Oscar Wilde
Emmalyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Heck: Not quite as hot as Hell, but pretty warm nonetheless. (Also known as Arizona.)

Postby Tarvok on Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Emmalyn wrote:I think what he means here is, "I'm worried about Candi finding out."

I disagree. I think what he means is that on the one hand, he still cares about her, and doesn't want to see her hurt. On the other hand, he did break up with her fair and square, and so he probably figures it isn't really her business what he does. The only fault I can find with him in this situation is that he's "moving on" a little more quickly than is probably proper. That can be chalked up to inexperience... not malice.

Now Linda, on the other hand, is the backstabbing bitch. She's the one who should be worried about Candi finding out.

Still, I can kind of understand her position. I was in a similar one, many years ago. Spend enough time suppressing your feelings about someone for the sake of a friend, and eventually, it gets buried so deep you forget about it. Then you come up with some wonderful plan for the benefit of your friend, and... you could realize what you're really after--pretty easily, actually--but you've been suppressing so long you don't even allow yourself to know what you're doing until it's too late.

I like to think this is the sort of mistake you can only make once. Maybe I'm wrong, and/or maybe Linda just doesn't give a damn. Maybe my preference for assuming the best of people to the bitter end is a weakness. But that's my take on it.
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Emmalyn on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:21 pm

Tarvok wrote:
Emmalyn wrote:I think what he means here is, "I'm worried about Candi finding out."

I disagree. I think what he means is that on the one hand, he still cares about her, and doesn't want to see her hurt. On the other hand, he did break up with her fair and square, and so he probably figures it isn't really her business what he does. The only fault I can find with him in this situation is that he's "moving on" a little more quickly than is probably proper. That can be chalked up to inexperience... not malice...

That's pretty much what I meant. He's worried about Candi finding out about Linda and him because it'll hurt her, and yet he really doesn't care how she reacts because she has no hold on him anymore. It kinda feels to me like Alex is gonna pull a "get over it" routine on Candi, but I hope he doesn't. That would be mean.
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
~Albert Einstein
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
~Oscar Wilde
Emmalyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Heck: Not quite as hot as Hell, but pretty warm nonetheless. (Also known as Arizona.)

Postby Tarvok on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:16 pm

Is there a way to be honest about the situation without being "mean"?

Truth > Nice
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Return to Candi